Saheeli Rai's Deck

Irving
Irving Posts: 95
edited September 2016 in MtGPQ Events
It has some synergy, but it sure is clunky. Just won a grindy game against a tough Koth deck at 1 life... the only removal I saw in her deck was Brutal Expulsion, so you pretty much have to race, rather than control.

Here's what I saw in her deck, anybody know the last two? EDITED: More than 10 cards reported - further investigation needed.

Creatures
Pia and Kiran Nalaar
Hangarback Walker
Chief of the Foundry
Sphinx of the Final Word

Supports
Mirrorpool
Thopter Spy Network
Shivan Reef
Alhammaret's Archive

Spells
Brutal Expulsion
Chandra's Ignition
Exert Influence
Foundry of the Consuls

Comments

• HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    She has the Foundry of the Consuls (spawns 4 1/1 thopter constructs) in her deck - very helpful with the secondary objective.
  • It seems impossible not to get the objective anyway - just use her PW ability twice.

I guess if you get a couple of those early, you could save up for her ultimate instead, but then, if you do that you'll get a Thopter Spy Network active that will get you there in two turns anyway!
  • tm00
    tm00 Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    She seems too awesome, good abilities, good life total, decent mana gains...I wonder what's the catch, 2 spells max?
  • nexus13
    nexus13 Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    I haven't seen Chandra's Ignition yet but I have used Exert Influence. Are there different builds or does she have a larger deck?
  • Huh, I just got an Exert Influence too! I've seen all of these personally except Foundry of the Consuls. Could be either a larger deck or different versions of it (maybe at different tiers).
  • And there's an Alhammaret's Archive.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    imo, clunky and too many high mana cards.
    almost non existent Defence (exert influence n brutal expulsion only) and both I consider expensive for Defence. rather have the 6 mana inner struggle or even a red 3 mana psychic axe(?)

lost 2 games to a couple of Kiora decks utilizing Drowner. Now that's a Power deck. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • JanksMcJank
    JanksMcJank Posts: 62 Match Maker
    I don't have Mirrorpool personally so I don't have experience using it.
    I was happy to play around with it... seems like a bad support for this deck.

Apparently any activity that spawns a creature token activates Mirrorpool.

One time I had nothing on the board, didn't cast anything and it just disapeared.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    I don't have Mirrorpool personally so I don't have experience using it.
    I was happy to play around with it... seems like a bad support for this deck.

Apparently any activity that spawns a creature token activates Mirrorpool.

One time I had nothing on the board, didn't cast anything and it just disapeared.

You probably cast a spell, which also triggers mirrorpool. In that case, it would have given the next spell in hand +30 mana (even if the spell is already full).
  • I'm testing Molten Nursery in the deck and it seems to work very well so far. Only lvl 10 so far in story mode but having success with it
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    shafty wrote:
    I'm testing Molten Nursery in the deck and it seems to work very well so far. Only lvl 10 so far in story mode but having success with it

It's definitely a great card for this deck. If you don't mind the doubled animation slowdown from it and thopters at least.
  • Alicrast
    Alicrast Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    At level 5 shes 6/5/5 im levelkng obnix right now... But she looks slightly weaker than kiora if you have the right cards she'll be very strong.