AI can't recognize all 5 of a kinds.

Options
xL8GgIc.jpgL6FTXsN.jpglGtrJiH.jpg

Just thought you'd enjoy this.

Comments

• And thank god for it, because with it's propensity to drop into multiple matches I'd hate to think what'd happen if it could play properly.
  • My theory is that it counts how many tiles it will break. With a match 4, it destroys a row, so breaks 8 tiles. With an L or T shaped match 5, it only breaks those 5. Of course, it also generates a multiplier and gets an extra turn (where it would break at least 3 tiles, with a bonus and better control over what it breaks). You will notice it does do a match 5 if it's a straight line which will also break a whole row.

So yeah, it's really dumb and doesn't give any value to the multiplier or the extra turn. I'd like to see the AI be a bit smarter personally. Same with abilities, it doesn't seem like it would be hard to teach it to make the largest connected green match with GSBW's purple skill, or to always use 2* wolvie's green before red, and a dozen other really stupid things it does.
  • You only break 7 tiles if you have to match the M with a match 3 (M does not count as a tile in terms of AP).

This move is not as advantageous as people think if the M does not get automatched.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    abuelo wrote:
    And thank god for it, because with it's propensity to drop into multiple matches I'd hate to think what'd happen if it could play properly.

I once thought about mentioning this...but then this thought came to me.
    I don't want the AI to screw me over more than it currently does some nights.
  • I would actually like to see a L shape match become something different..

so far a 4 in a row will destroy that row
    match 5 will create a crit tile and a bonus turn. Crit tile also doubles as a wildcard tile.

Perhaps a L shape tile can destroy and generate AP for all of one color it swaps with? Think chocolate tile from candy crush.
  • That's the way it's always been. And I'm glad.