Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) improved

Options
therightwaye
therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
blueflag.png Elasticity (a much better name for a Mr. Fantastic power)

POWER COST bluetile.png 8
Always thinking ahead, Reed Richards uses his elastic body to envelop his opponent before they have a chance to attack. He stuns the enemy for 1 turn and also creates 2 Blue Protect tiles of strength 17.

Level Upgrades:
Level 2: Creates strength 34 Protect tiles.
Level 3: Creates strength 52 Protect tiles.
Level 4: Creates strength 60 Protect tiles and stuns for 2 turns.
Level 5: Creates strength 103 Protect tiles and stuns for 3 turns.

At Max Level:
Level 3: Creates 2 strength 104 Protect tiles and stuns for 1 turn.
Level 4: Creates 2 strength 120 Protect tiles and stuns for 2 turns.
Level 5: Creates 2 strength 207 Protect tiles and stuns for 3 turns.

yellowflag.png Visionary Theoretician
POWER COST yellowtile.png 8

Mr. Fantastic genius gives him the grit and skills to protect the world against all odds. Drain team of all team-up AP. Mr. Fantastic heals his team for 40 points per team-up AP. The resulting heal is true healing for any Fantastic Four member.

Level Upgrades:
Level 2: 55 per team-up
Level 3: 87 per team-up
Level 4: 101 per team-up
Level 5: 127 per team-up

At Max Level:
Level 3: 101 per team-up
Level 4: 132 per team-up
Level 5: 156 per team-up

blackflag.png Leadership
Power Cost blacktile.png 18

<passive> create a 55 strike tile for every remaining ally if no strike tiles exist.

Mr. Fantastic leads his team to victory and inspires them to work-together. Choose a tile, if Mr. Fantastic's team mates have a power in that color, fire that power. Cost is 1 ap cheaper per Fantastic Four ally.

Level Upgrades:
Level 2: 65 strike tile
Level 3: 77 strike tile (2 ap cheaper per FF ally)
Level 4: 86 strike tile
Level 5: 98 strike tile

At Max Level:
Level 3: 113 strike tile (2 ap cheaper per FF ally)
Level 4: 132 strike tile
Level 5: 159 strike tile

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think he really only needs a few small tweaks. I've got a rework for Reed saved somewhere, but here's a brief run down:

Blue: probably keep unchanged.
    Not much else to say. It's purely a support power, so its perceived usefulness is somewhat diminished. It already provides a stun and some protect tiles (which mitigate damage and can be fuel for his passive), but if I had to add anything I'd give it tile improvement for ranks 4 and 5.

Yellow: when a friendly special tile is matched by the enemy, heal the owner of that tile & generate 1 Green AP for each Fantastic Four character on this team.
    This can now heal any team mates who produce special tiles, and I allowed for some guaranteed AP generation since it now counts Reed. It's still generating a colour which Reed can't use, and it still requires your team to have spent AP to generate tiles.

Black: when the countdown runs out, return 4-8 Black AP.
    The power is otherwise the same, extra damage while the countdown is on the board, but now with returning some of the cost (starting with 4 AP back at rank 1 and increasing per level to 8 AP back at rank 5), just like Steve's shield tosses. If you want a thematic reason, just say Reed dismantles the machine and recovers the parts. This change means you're no longer penalised if you suddenly end up with a dry board, and pressures your opponent to get rid of the CD rather than just letting it count out - if they match it, Reed is going to get healed, so there's a bit of strategic play around that.

There. None of those are going to shoot Mr. F to the top of the tier, but they certainly increase his appeal and allow him some synergy with a greater number of characters (without reducing the synergy with existing FF characters).
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    thanks for your comment @mawtful.

I do think your summary does improve Reed Richards. My hope with my design was to make him a more played character. And in part the other Fantastic Four members as well. It's rare I will see any of them played in PvP. Among my alliance no one ever plays IW or Reed. Thing and Human Torch are played rarely. I thought this version of Mr Fantastic not only made him more playable but each other member of the FF. Plus I just like the idea of synergy between the FF or other teams.

And on a different note, Reed Richards is one of the smartest people in the Marvel Universe. Shouldn't he have a playable character?