Nahiri's 3rd ability animation vs token spawn animation

Plastic
Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
So it just came to mind how quickly her third ability reinforces creatures and I don't see why this can't be applied to other cards that trigger multiple reinforcements out of the gate (All of Garruk's abilities, every thopter, every hasted land, etc). Thoughts?

Comments

• glggwp
    glggwp Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    agreed! those card animations r waste of time and annoying
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    I also agree.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    An excellent point, sir.
  • Hibernum_JC
    Hibernum_JC Posts: 318 Mover and Shaker
    There's a difference, mechanically, between spawning tokens and reinforcing a creature through spells and effects,

When you spawn a token, it actually triggers effects that trigger when a creature enters the battlefield. This does not occur with reinforcing through spells and effects, so in essence if we used the reinforce mechanic instead of the summon mechanic you'd lose out on all these triggers.

It's an issue we'd love to fix, eventually. It falls into additional polish, which isn't always easy to schedule when we have so much stuff to do.
  • Netatron
    Netatron Posts: 147
    There's a difference, mechanically, between spawning tokens and reinforcing a creature through spells and effects,

When you spawn a token, it actually triggers effects that trigger when a creature enters the battlefield. This does not occur with reinforcing through spells and effects, so in essence if we used the reinforce mechanic instead of the summon mechanic you'd lose out on all these triggers.

It's an issue we'd love to fix, eventually. It falls into additional polish, which isn't always easy to schedule when we have so much stuff to do.

In QB, cards that take less time are more powerful cards, so you could make the argument that it's an issue of card balance if you wanted to.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    I'd rather we lose out on trigger effects honestly. Personally, I try to avoid token spawning decks because they're annoying to sit through with animations.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975

Couldn't we get animation skipped or faster at least when nothing is going to proc out of it?
    The game should be able to know beforehand if that's the case.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe making it so that tapping the screen skips the animation while triggering the effect at the same time?