Creating Void Gems

Skidoo
Skidoo Posts: 71 Match Maker
What are the quickest or most seamless ways you create Void Gems for your Eldrazi?

I like to use Scour From Existence as my primary removal despite there being cheaper alternatives because it Ingests 3.

I hate to include a card for the sole purpose of enabling another card, like a void generator for Eldrazi, since we only get 10 cards to work wits. It feels inefficient and wasteful. Unless it contributes substantially to the deck's effectiveness. I prefer to sub cards in that also accomplish something else I want, like Scour From Existence in place of To The Slaughter or Declaration In Stone.

Comments

• HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Ullamog, The Ceaseless Hunger comes to mind for the ultimate in void gem creation. Every attack causes EVERY SINGLE GEM OF YOUR OPPONENT'S COLOR to be ingested into a void gem (which can devastate certain walkers, Kiora and Sorin are especially vulnerable to this due to their mana distribution). It's expensive, can be countered easily providing there's hard removal ready to go immediately after it lands, and it's a mythic, meaning you won't see it much - but when you do... expect it to dramatically effect how the game ends.
  • Skidoo
    Skidoo Posts: 71 Match Maker
    If I had Ulamog, many things would be simpler. icon_e_wink.gif

Any good non-mythic void generators?
  • Chavez303
    Chavez303 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Slab Hammer creates one each time the creature attacks

Several low level eldrazi on black ingest each time they attack.