Who's deadlier, GSBW (5/3/5) or Punisher (3/5/5)?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
GSBW's sniper rifle is, obviously, devastating, and her purple is also great for a number of reasons. But they're 19(!) AP and 11 AP respectively. The high AP cost of the rifle often means that by the time you have the AP for it, at least one member of the opposite team (e.g., OBW, Spidey, C.Storm) is already dead, cutting its damage output by 33%.

Punisher, OTOH, has two skills that cost 8 AP and one that costs 7, making him a better damage dealer in the early stages of a match, and strike tiles are the gift that keep on giving. Also, the ability to hit a character for 40% of health, at the cost of 8 AP, can be pretty huge when you're fighting boosted opponents (or lvl 230s).

So, how's about it? Whom do you prefer to use? Whom do you fear more?

Comments

• Use Widow, fear Punisher.

My Widow has way more covers, and it's pretty easy to build up purple to fuel Green. She pairs great with the new Thor. However, the AI fires her Purple at random instead of matching greens and creating crits. Punisher, OTOH, is pretty idiot-proof.
  • I will go for Punisher - low ap cost and nice ability for either 2 maxed ability.
    Plus he n Hulk is the only hero characters that have high black attack gem - which will work great in PvE mode at times if they will boosted.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    They fill different roles. But, I would take GSBW any day.
  • I'll take them both
  • Punisher overall, because you can put him into any team and he'll do the job.

I love using GSBW, but she's quite restrictive to use if you are short on health packs.
  • This post reminded me of that **** Spike TV show.

"Grey Suit Widow, with a powerful and devastating Sniper Rifle. The Punisher, who can use his trusty pistol to lethal effect.

WHO! IS! DEADLIEST!?"
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Punisher is best on defense. Quick spam attacks that will always make sure your attacker with think again before wasting his time with you.
  • I know it's not the kind of answer you are looking for, but I use Punisher mainly because using GSBW boxes out using OBW.
  • Forge wrote:
    The high AP cost of the rifle often means that by the time you have the AP for it, at least one member of the opposite team (e.g., OBW, Spidey, C.Storm) is already dead, cutting its damage output by 33%.

If they are not major threats, just bring them down to sniper rifle range and move on other targets.
  • Could always go for a team theme of guns and board destruction with The Hood, GSBW, and Punisher. Don't know effective that team would be, but I bet it would be a blast.
  • If the character you are attacking is within GSBW's sniper damage, then switch to another character. This is only necessary for matches against people with higher health. I don't have a problem getting enough green (through purple) to use her sniper ability. But if I'm up against a target that's necessary to down quickly before the other two, she's not the best. I do wish I had more Punisher covers though.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    I don't fear enemy GSBWs at all when a purple stealing OBW counters her so well. She's slow on defense and can be left to be killed last safely. As someone said she's great on offense but she's the least defensive Widow by far.
    Now, Punisher can be a pain. I don't run into teams with a GSBW often enough to compare, unfortunately, but now that I think of it I did lose to teams with high level Punisher a lot, percent wise. But there were also usually high level Areses (Aresi? Lol) involved.
  • She is very squishy on defense. Even if she does get her purple off, she won't place it well. She's not going to get much green AP. As long as you monitor her AP levels, she isn't a problem.
  • I prefer GSBW on offense. She's offers predictable damage with multiple board clearing skills.

Yea her green is 19 AP, but it's doing almost 10k of damage when it's maxed out.

Now, how the AI uses her (poorly) is a different story.
  • Heh, sounds like I may be using GSBW poorly as well. My problem is that I'm too lazy to keep an eye on the enemy AP, and (seemingly) every time I get OBW down to sniper range, she hits me with Recon and then AGD.

Well, I have both characters at the same level and have fun using both of them, so maybe I'll keep on using them both, making sure to finish with Punisher before taking any (unshielded) breaks from the game.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Clearly the answer to this question is Psylocke