**** Elektra (Unkillable) ****

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    redtile.png It's a dance of death. Increase damage of the tile each turn it is active or duplicate up to a max of 3. Please and thanks.
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    So I'm pretty sure this is a bug, but Elektra kinda got a phantom buff because of it. I'm doing the Gauntlet right now and even when she's not in front and taking damage, her black is triggering and protecting Loki and Patches. Playing with her like this is more enjoyable for sure than previously and helps make up some of her drawbacks.

Basically, try her out during the current Gauntlet guys and hopefully if we can get enough positive feedback that this will change her black ability slightly, permanently. Makes her a much better psuedo-support character too.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    so...witch/fist/Elektra? sounds interesting.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    ynglink wrote:
    So I'm pretty sure this is a bug, but Elektra kinda got a phantom buff because of it. I'm doing the Gauntlet right now and even when she's not in front and taking damage, her black is triggering and protecting Loki and Patches. Playing with her like this is more enjoyable for sure than previously and helps make up some of her drawbacks.

Basically, try her out during the current Gauntlet guys and hopefully if we can get enough positive feedback that this will change her black ability slightly, permanently. Makes her a much better psuedo-support character too.

Is this confirmed? Seems like it would be a very solid buff for this power.
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    Listed in the bug thread as well. So I'm not the only one seeing this issue.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I've seen the same thing in the gauntlet, it actually makes her really quite useful. I'd be disappointed if this gets put back since she needs some kind of a buff to make her relevant and this inadvertent buff gives her much more utility.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's triggering on self-damage as well (e.g. OML redflag.png), so I'm guessing it's a bug.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    It's triggering on self-damage as well (e.g. OML redflag.png), so I'm guessing it's a bug.

Holy ****, that is DELIGHTFUL icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • lukewarm
    lukewarm Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    If an ally damages Electra while she has her shadow step out, the damage from the trap still goes to the enemy, right?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    lukewarm wrote:
    If an ally damages Electra while she has her shadow step out, the damage from the trap still goes to the enemy, right?
    I've never tried it, but generally, self-damage doesn't trigger these sorts of abilities...
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was using the newly revamped Invisible Woman, Elektra and Hood as a team in the Shield Simulator event. The other team had Thing on it. Elektra was down to about 1300 health when I finally got enough black to cast her Shadow Step. Five trap tiles come out, and I'm feeling safe. Thing gets enough red for Clobberin' Time. It does 5K to Elektra, and takes her down even with the traps out.

This is the first time I've had an ability that stuns her also do enough damage to kill her with a trap out. Is this a bug, or is this how Elektra's Trap tiles are supposed to work? Does the stun come first and then the damage, or does the damage come first and then the stun? Does the stun automatically negate the trap tiles, even if the damage comes first?

If it's a bug, I'll file a report. If not, it's a good thing to know and I'll play accordingly later on.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    sambrookjm wrote:
    I was using the newly revamped Invisible Woman, Elektra and Hood as a team in the Shield Simulator event. The other team had Thing on it. Elektra was down to about 1300 health when I finally got enough black to cast her Shadow Step. Five trap tiles come out, and I'm feeling safe. Thing gets enough red for Clobberin' Time. It does 5K to Elektra, and takes her down even with the traps out.

This is the first time I've had an ability that stuns her also do enough damage to kill her with a trap out. Is this a bug, or is this how Elektra's Trap tiles are supposed to work? Does the stun come first and then the damage, or does the damage come first and then the stun? Does the stun automatically negate the trap tiles, even if the damage comes first?

If it's a bug, I'll file a report. If not, it's a good thing to know and I'll play accordingly later on.

I believe it's a bug. As it is now, Shadow Step'strigger only resolves dead last. Anything else (appended effects, cascades, other reaction abilities happens first. This effectively means that a character that would be killed by Shadow Step can keep hitting her as long as the "stack" of effects hasn't cleared. (For example a cascade with 5-matches and Prof-X.)
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I'm at the point in my 4* progress where I'm maxing out anyone with extra covers, rather than tossing out covers for the 4 * dregs. As a result, I've just champed elektra. I've read a lot of recommendations for 3* partners, but who's she good with her in 4* land? I'd like to at least get some use out of her in pve.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    VizMantis wrote:
    but who's she good with her in 4* land?
    Invisible Woman gives you a nice rainbow and defensive twosome that can shut down a lot of inbound damage, between Electra's mitigation and IW's invisibility. Electra's red is a bit slow so I often choose a third teammate with a big red power.

Honestly, she's hard to find friends for because usually her colors are outclassed by someone else (making Electra a bit redundant), but I do like her strike tile theft which is a situation that comes up quite frequently. In fights where I know I'll be able to steal tiles I'll put her with Big Pun, who benefits greatly.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Elektra's buff just hit, but the "what you get next level" text and the "what you have" text on the powers are inconsistent.  If you have 4 purple, it says you steal an extra tile next level if you've got a trap on the board.  Doesn't mention this at 5.  Similarly, at 3 red it says you'll gain a stolen red AP when you get to 4.  This only shows up at 5.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Also noticed Ballet of Death does about 2/3 the damage it used to (at rank 5). Probably not that huge a deal when offset by arguably better survival, up to 3 AP steal per turn, and more consistent strike generation from D-DC.

Yeah they totally ran out of room on the rank 5 description to even mention the bonus steal if you have a trap out. You know your power is too complicated when...
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    so I've encountered an obvious glitch going on with Elektra. I've got her at 5/5/3 lvl 209. 

Every turn shes stealing 1 purple and 1 black from the enemy. Doesn't matter if Ballet of Death tile is on the field. It's activating like a passive. 

Use it it while you got it kids!
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Good improvements her pink is still putting down enemy attack tiles (I thought that was changing).  Got to get he red down so you can start stealing ap but once down she really shines.  Been pairing her with Miles Morales kinda works but a little to much color overlap to be really effective his pink is better than hers.  Might try her with 3 Iron Fist and 4 Cage  to get her black going asap so she can tank.  Definite potential for new teams with this change.  They should have reduced the cost of black to 8, it is still a little too expensive.  Solid upgrade.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah they totally ran out of room on the rank 5 description to even mention the bonus steal if you have a trap out. You know your power is too complicated when...
    So it's still in, even though not mentioned in the rank 5 description?
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I don't see why people think it would be a good idea to lower her black cost. Her black is insane. It is the only skill that can completely protect a character from both single target and AoE attacks. The high cost prevents it from being spammable, but if you could easily get it out, unless Elektra was the first character you took out in the match, she would almost never go down when boosted. It could easily take 3-4 turns to get rid of all of her black tiles, while she continues damaging you and draining your AP. You can't make black matches yourself, since her red will just steal the black AP you made. Offensively Elektra still sucks, but on defense, she just became much more annoying to fight against. Possibly even worse than the invisible characters.