DEVS: I don't believe what I just saw!!!

Options
leromeo
leromeo Posts: 19
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
So i'm playing a nodes match against Koth with Jace (Yeah, Jace sucks), and what I just witnessed has blown my mind. Usually when the Ai runs out of cards in their hand, that's it. Let me just say I thought I had seen everything when it came to playing the cheating * AI. Not only was Koth able to go through his hand of 6 cards in one turn, but in that same turn, was able to continually draw card after card after card, fill them with this ungodly cascade (especially with him being able to use his "Reshape the Land" ability one after the other (instead of just once per turn)(YEAH< HE USED IT MORE THAN ONCE DURING HIS TURN), and then manage to actually go thru and use (are you ready for this?) 18 cards in ONE * TURN.

I currently have the game in stasis because it is actually my turn, but I refuse to go any further. He has Pyromancer's Glasses and Harness the Storm supports on the field. I know the combo, but that is ridiculous. My big issue is the AI being able to use their abilities more than once per turn, when as the player, you get to use one of your abilities only ONCE per turn, regardless of how much you have it filled. And trust me when I say, it never fails when he uses that ability the amount of cascades that follow each and every time.

NOT COOL!!!!!!

*Admin edited for language. Please keep calm and follow forum rules. Thank you.

Comments

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just to double check, are you sure you weren't witnessing Harness the Storm's effect? It also destroys three gems as part of its effect, which is very similar to Koth's first ability.
  • Netatron
    Netatron Posts: 147
    Options
    Harness the Storm is pretty broken. Lets you set up near infinite combos with the right cards.
  • Blasphemous
    Options
    I played that Koth.....Fkr. He had one legendary monster which was the soi hound and the rest were spells and supports. The game was the longest game I've ever had. The trick with this koth build is to not put anything on the board including supports. This basically mana and card locks Koth.

I was using ObNix when I ran into him thankfully. I was kept in Delerium and had To the Slaughter in hand for that nasty hound followed up by using Remorseless Punishment which in turn damaged Koth for 20 life.

I hope I don't run into that Koth again. I'll just leave the game and take a loss.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have my concerns about power creep in this set, but having not actually faced the most obvious offenders in combat, I can't really comment as yet.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    I have my concerns about power creep in this set, but having not actually faced the most obvious offenders in combat, I can't really comment as yet.

I agree. Bfz had its own power creep, and the new exclusive cards all seem like monsters in their own right.

Still, tentacles and exert influence are high bars to clear when it comes to OP.
  • fox1342
    fox1342 Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I played that Koth.....Fkr. He had one legendary monster which was the soi hound and the rest were spells and supports. The game was the longest game I've ever had. The trick with this koth build is to not put anything on the board including supports. This basically mana and card locks Koth.

I was using ObNix when I ran into him thankfully. I was kept in Delerium and had To the Slaughter in hand for that nasty hound followed up by using Remorseless Punishment which in turn damaged Koth for 20 life.

I hope I don't run into that Koth again. I'll just leave the game and take a loss.

Yep I've met that deck too. It's fun. I happened to be playing my mythic heavy UC deck* and didn't really struggle that much. He did get some daft cascades with it, but didn't actually cause much damage.

*you can cast exquisite on my UC as many times in turn as you can, I can still buff it up bigger.
  • Jorge-gracque
    Options
    I haven't been lucky enough to face this koth yet, but I've really learned to love not being able to buy any card and thus you get a lot of different decks. I don't have harness so my koth is basically cycling cards, finding tyrants. I have a drowner so my kiora is a drowner deck. It forces you to come up with new decks, discovering synergies.
  • BLACK LOTUS
    Options
    Lol ... And I thought I was just seeing things when I just fought Gideon... He cast skirmish and then rally the troops in the same turn. It's kind of amazing how this game will hand you your a** when it wants,! Oh and good luck getting the same cards that were in that deck and getting the epic cascades like that one.
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    fox1342 wrote:
    Yep I've met that deck too. It's fun. I happened to be playing my mythic heavy UC deck* and didn't really struggle that much. He did get some daft cascades with it, but didn't actually cause much damage.

*you can cast exquisite on my UC as many times in turn as you can, I can still buff it up bigger.
    Just wait till the dude gets his hands on Avacyn's Judgement...
  • buffbeardo
    buffbeardo Posts: 154
    Options
    You got rng'd! Zap!