Crash of the Titans Cycle 3: Ghost Rider

jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Final fight from Cycle 1.
I wasn't able to beat it the first time with an 0/0/2 GR. Second run was 5/5/3. Finally got him to 4/4/5.

Previous Runs

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    First run, didn't have enough covers.
    Second run, got it done with 13 covers, level 120.
    Now Johnny is a champion, so I expect another easy fight.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2016
    1/4/3, level 172. Should be able to beat him but probably not on the first try.

Edit: Did get him on the first try! Used boost all x2, boost G/B x2 and damage +60%. Thought I was going to tank when I got down to less than 2000. But Big G was at about 4500 and I managed to fire off Penance Stare for the win!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/2/4 here. I don't know if I had any covers at all last time he ran. He hit 9 covers really damn quickly for me.

I've leveled him to 130, as that seems to be the sweet spot for me in terms of viability, but I'll have enough ISO to level him further if warranted. Nice bit is Penance Stare doesn't appear to be level dependent, so the main thing additional levels will do for me, if needed, is increase survivability with more hit points.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    3/2/4 here. I don't know if I had any covers at all last time he ran. He hit 9 covers really damn quickly for me.

I've leveled him to 130, as that seems to be the sweet spot for me in terms of viability, but I'll have enough ISO to level him further if warranted. Nice bit is Penance Stare doesn't appear to be level dependent, so the main thing additional levels will do for me, if needed, is increase survivability with more hit points.

That last bit is almost right. Penance stare is indirectly dependent on levels in 1v1. Since it's based on the amount of damage the enemy has given its entirely dependent on how much damage GR can take. So more levels means he can be hit more which means his black damage will be increased.

In a normal team of 3 it's not such a direct relationship since you really just want to hide him behind meat shields. In that case levels don't give you near as much.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kevin61 wrote:

You might get him first try with that. I went from 1/1/0 not trying to 3/3/3 beat first try (used black twice), this time 4/4/5 172 should have to only do black once rather than twice.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards
    L150 5/4/3 icon_ghostrider.png managed on 2nd attempt.

First attempt, very black lite board, so got him down to 2K but unable to use penance stare.

Second attempt, nice and easy. Got off 2 reds early to chip away, and a green and black later took care of him.
  • Bohica666
    Bohica666 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    lvl 147 2/3/2. got him on my 4th try, coz the first 3 attempts gave me a really **** board.

token_legendary.png gave me a icon_starlord.pngyellowflag.png bringing him to 1/2/0. Could be better, but could've been much worse...
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Managed on 1st try, no boosts,. Have Ghost Rider @ L150 5/4/4. Working on getting all low-level 4*s to level 150 for crash
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    2/3/4, level 130, no boosts. Got red out right away, collected 12 black AP and sat on it. fired a couple of greens near the end, and with about 1k health left and a cosmic tile ready to be collected, Penance Stare was up to enough damage to end the fight, so I put an end to it right there instead of risking a cascade or something killing me after the cosmic got collected.

icon_antman.pngpurpleflag.png is the result, making him 5/2/1, and making that my fourth maxed 4* power (X purpleflag.png , icon_invisiblewoman.pnggreenflag.png , icon_deadpool.pngredflag.png).
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    2/0/3 GR, brought him to 127. First try was all boost/+GR/BP dmg, board was very dry on black and barely lost. Second try went with +all AP/BP dmg/+GR. Was able to stash enough black for 2 stares, which I hit him with when I dropped under 1000 health.

blackflag.pngicon_kingpin.png
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    As suspected, this was a breeze with a champion Rider.
    Got icon_mrfantastic.pngblueflag.png from the token, which is a bit of a bummer since he's one of the few fourstars I haven't yet champed and I am not in the mood to spend 300K ISO to champ him at the moment...
  • to gun
    to gun Posts: 17
    level 168 3/3/2 beat the first try. Boosted all damage and +2B/G. Had a really good board and was able to match away most count downs. In fact, got him to 2K before using PS. One of the most fun / thought provoking crashes.

Got a greenflag.png BLACKBOLT !!
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    With a 133 3/4/1 GR, I don't know how I'll make the math work on this one.

My GR has 8k health. Every CD that resolves hits me for about 1200, and every CD tile he places seems to be tucked into an reachable corner of the board for me, so I've got a limit of about 6 resolving CDs per match.

With only one black cover, I can do 50% of damage dealt to me. So if I wait until I'm under 1000 HP, I can hit him for half of 7000, twice. So, 7k.

Galactus has 22k health.

Without a second black cover, I think I'm boned.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Yeah well why to make always new topic for older CoT's when there is still older (or several olders)

My 1 black GR didn't have a chance even though was very lucky with the board
  • Realstuff_NameChange
    Realstuff_NameChange Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Got lucky, beat him first try with a level 111 0-3-1 GR icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Bohica666
    Bohica666 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    2/3/2 level 147 GR.

Attempt 1 : terrible board (hardly any greentile.png / redtile.png / blacktile.png)
    Attempt 2 : terrible board (hardly any greentile.png / redtile.png / blacktile.png)
    Attempt 3 : terrible board (hardly any greentile.png / redtile.png / blacktile.png)
    Attempt 4 : decent board, with plenty of matches to use his redflag.png, his greenflag.png, and kill him with 2x blackflag.png

Got a yellowflag.png Star-Lord
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Kevin61 wrote:

You might get him first try with that. I went from 1/1/0 not trying to 3/3/3 beat first try (used black twice), this time 4/4/5 172 should have to only do black once rather than twice.

All about the black! +2 black ap! +all black ap!

Board: One black tile on the lower left. Two black tiles side-by-side upper right topmost level. Three total black tiles, all in the corners.

I killed Galactus first try - with match damage. Green went off twice and red went off once, primarily match damage to kill.

(12th Miles cover, so the win didn't give me 1000 ISO...but didn't give me any "progression" either)
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Easily won with 2/3/3 lv140 Ghost Rider. So naturally, such an easy win brought me icon_hulkcho.pngblueflag.png

I had the same luck as you. Easily won with my 3/1/4 lvl 172 and rewarded with icon_hulkcho.pngblueflag.png
  • superho
    superho Posts: 17
    Won with 5/5/3 lvl 125 GR - boosted black AP+4, wore him down with the red/green powers then fired black late on.

got a Cyclops Blue
  • I squeaked out a win with a 3/0/2 lvl127 w/ +2b/g & 20% b/g dmg on my 3rd try. I had only 253 hp left. Got green off at least 4 times and penance stare twice(1st for 2k and 2nd for 7k dmg). I got a really good board and able to match all but 3 or 4 his cd tiles. I also got gifted a cascade that killed off 2 cd tiles when i was under 500 hp.

Got a purpleflag.pngicon_moonknight.png