Card Draw animations

Options
Plastic
Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
Would it be possible to have a toggle to disable these? Similar to the effect of Gather the Pack with how it just puts a card into hand. There are MANY times (Prism Array) in which seeing which cards are drawn is irrelevant at the time because nothing can be done about these new cards in hand for a full turn anyway.

Comments

• andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As long as it's'a toggle.... When running day's'undoing I like to see what is coming after (when PA just triggered) to make a choice to DoA or not.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As far as I'm aware, I'm the only person who asked for the bug in Day's Undoing to be fixed; it never used to show you the cards being draw, but it also didn't let you look at them, or display them correctly, until your opponent had taken a turn.

I specifically asked then not to show the card drawing animation because it would take too long. If you don't have an opportunity to move your cards, then there's no reason to look at your hand.

The dev team very kindly decided to 'fix' a 'problem' which didn't exist, much as they continue to do with Disable, Hexproof, etc...
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    As far as I'm aware, I'm the only person who asked for the bug in Day's Undoing to be fixed; it never used to show you the cards being draw, but it also didn't let you look at them, or display them correctly, until your opponent had taken a turn.

I specifically asked then not to show the card drawing animation because it would take too long. If you don't have an opportunity to move your cards, then there's no reason to look at your hand.

The dev team very kindly decided to 'fix' a 'problem' which didn't exist, much as they continue to do with Disable, Hexproof, etc...
    No, I was a Day's player from the very beginning. I was the one who uncovered the secret to getting pre-fix Days to behave like it does now. I believe I supported that post you put in about not showing the whole draw animation for all 10 cards.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    majincob wrote:
    I believe I supported that post you put in about not showing the whole draw animation for all 10 cards.

Thankyou sir!