Fixing Totally Awesome Hulk

DrDoMe
DrDoMe Posts: 97 Match Maker
edited August 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
I really like Amadeus Cho, and I really wanted Totally Awesome Hulk to be fun. Sadly he's too weak to be useful, so I decided to take a stab at improving him.

My goals were:
Make him fun, self-sufficient, and also able to synergize.
Make a Hulk that is actually hard to kill (it blows my mind that only the 5* Hulk actually has any abilities that make him tough)
Make a Hulk that gets scarier the more you hit him.
Don't make him so powerful as to be broken.

His new powers:

greenflag.pngUnconventional Tactics - 12 greentile.png AP
Some people call him reckless, but they just misunderstand his plan. Amadeus Cho destroys 10 random tiles, plus one for every blue AP his team has, dealing damage but not generating AP. Any special tiles destroyed deal 50 damage to the enemy team. Any enemy special tiles destroyed do 80 damage to Amadeus Cho.
Level 2 - 65 damage to the enemy team.
Level 3 - 90 damage to the enemy team.
Level 4 - 110 damage to the enemy team.
Level 5 - 150 damage to the enemy team. Friendly special tiles destroyed generate 1 blue AP.

At max level

3 - 380 damage to the enemy team. 80 damage to Cho.
4 - 450 damage to the enemy team. 160 damage to Cho.
5 - 750 damage to the enemy team. 200 damage to Cho. Friendly special tiles destroyed generate 1 blue AP.

blueflag.pngSee the Math of it - 6 bluetile.png AP
Amadeus Cho runs through all the possible outcomes in his mind before SMASHING! Places two 4-turn Blue Countdown tiles that, when activated, destroy 2 Green tiles, dealing damage and generating AP. When destroyed by Cho's team, these countdowns activate.
Level 2: Activated countdowns also replace 1 random basic tile with a Blue Charged tile.
Level 3: Creates 3 countdown tiles.
Level 4: Activated countdowns replace 2 random basic tiles with Blue Charged tiles.
Level 5: Creates 4 countdown tiles.

blackflag.pngIndestructible (passive)
Whenever Totally Awesome Hulk takes damage, he recovers 200 health for each 'See the Math of it' tile on the board, then he destroys one and creates a strength 90 black strike tile.
Level 2 - Heals for 250 per tile.
Level 3 - Creates a strength 125 black strike tile.
Level 4 - Heals for 300 per special tile, creates strength 125 strike tiles.
Level 5 - Heals for 400 per tile, creates a strength 150 strike tile.

At Max Level
Level 3 - Heals for 400 per special tile, creates strength 250 strike tiles.
Level 4 - Heals for 500 per tile, creates a strength 250 strike tile.
Level 5 - Heals for 800 per tile, creates a strength 300 strike tile.

Comments

• DrDoMe
    DrDoMe Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Some specifics to consider:

If you match or cascade his countdowns away, they don't activate, nor do they activate if the opponent destroys them in any way.

His Indestructible power should activate a countdown when it destroys it and that damage and cascade benefit Cho's team, interrupting the opponent's turn flow much like Elektra's Unkillable.

Unconventional Tactics damages the enemy target for every destroyed tile, the enemy team for every special tile, and Cho only for enemy special tiles destroyed. This can trigger Indestructible.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    This spec looks great and makes way more sense to me than the current character .

Also thanks for getting rid of the hot dog heal, everyone knows hotdogs do not heal add much as they cause slow death over time.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    I love it!!! That is some great synergy between everything. Good job!