Which villain LR is the most competitive??

Options
aussiemac
aussiemac Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm going to guess Mags... then Hood maybe??

EDIT:I'm sorta new still, hence the question.

Comments

• Definitely Mags, since he's by far the most useful (OP) of the villains.
  • Mags according to just about everyone, since he's still broken and the others aren't really all that for anything but Speed Evil. Still, I think I've managed more tokens on Mags rounds than anyone else's (all of 2 or so), but that might've been off-peak. You're getting trounced in all of them if you don't have a high-end team or tank, climb early and shield, anyway.

I thought Loki might pick up a bit because of Patch, but the drawback of doing that in other events is still that you have to use Loki.

Mags rounds are good for registering in something else and getting bracketed with people who don't know their way around the game/aren't very competitive. At least so I tell myself, but it's just superstition.
  • aussiemac
    Options
    Is mags truly that out of balance? Is it just his swapping tiles is too much damage? Otherwise I just don't see it like I do for the others (Wolvie, Spidey, Rags which all have/had extremely useful powers for <3 AP) .
  • aussiemac wrote:
    Is mags truly that out of balance? Is it just his swapping tiles is too much damage? Otherwise I just don't see it like I do for the others (Wolvie, Spidey, Rags which all have/had extremely useful powers for <3 AP) .

His blue power at 5 costs only 5 AP, and can often make a match 5 to generate a crit tile and self-sustain.
    His red power at 5 costs only 2 AP, and can be devastating if you use it after getting strike tiles on the board (Patch berserker rage etc.)
    His purple power is one of the hardest hitting abilities in the game, and can one-shot most chars at max.

It's just that while each individual ability maybe not that overpowered, the combination of 3 very strong abilities in 1 character makes Mags quite OP.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    aussiemac wrote:

All his abilities are great.
    - Blue is cheap and lets you overwrite any tile from the oponent.
    - Red is so cheap that you can change the board everytime you want
    - Pink is so powerful that you can almost kill anybody (8000+ Hit points of damage)

He is going to get nerfed soon because is the most unbalanced character of the game.

Dr.Doom is going to be my next addition (probably when Spidey is nerfed)
  • The only thing I really feel that is busted about Magneto is that it only counts blue tiles for the sake of his purple (unless there are no red tiles available to swap). It's super easy to code a check for red compared to blue (with the current coding logic, all they would have to do is - and this is a very rough guesstimate of their code: if tiles.getRedCount() < tiles.getBlueCount, damage = power.MagneticRelocation(tiles.getRedCount)). I know typically coding fixes is hard, but with something like this, it's literally a few lines of code they'd have to alter (given the current code definitely just checks the blue count), then test, and could be pushed out in a stealth patch for all we know.

His blue is unique - the protect tiles aren't that strong, it's mostly the usage of smacking down problematic tiles and setting up match-5's that makes it useful. His red isn't bad, but honestly, it does need nerfing, as it's some of the higher damage / AP ratios in the game, and you're not supposed to make low-AP moves deal more damage per AP than high AP moves, it's pants-on-head with regards to balancing (this is assuming a 2 AP cost).
  • Dr. Doom is an under-rated character, IMO. I rotate him into my lineup regularly, particularly when facing buffed heroes like 200% Thor and IM40. At max level, he's adding 1100+ damage per turn with 6 demon tiles, which can rapidly chop down high health enemies. Like Patch, he's most effective when paired with a stunner like Spidey to prevent red getting matched by the AI - so he may drop some depending on the Spidey rebalance.

That being said, he does great damage on purple/black, which is rare, and his blue/purple will take priority over Spidey's, meaning your healer is getting minimal exposure to damage and one-shotting. With a third power, he'd move up in my roster considerably.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In his defense Magneto is the most powerful mutant in the world...
  • Mag has weird damaging colors (yellow, blue & red) which don't match his abilities (purple, blue & red). It does mean that when matching up purples for his ability he doesn't do as much damage as most characters do when matching colors they need. There's only a couple of characters that don't have their primary colors matching their abilities.
  • aussiemac
    Options
    Twysta wrote:

Finally someone brings some actual logic to this otherwise opinionated argument icon_e_smile.gif

When the nerf gods do strike, I sure hope they do it fairly. It would be a shame if Magneto transformed into a less than formidable *** villain
  • Dr. Doom is an under-rated character, IMO. I rotate him into my lineup regularly, particularly when facing buffed heroes like 200% Thor and IM40. At max level, he's adding 1100+ damage per turn with 6 demon tiles, which can rapidly chop down high health enemies. Like Patch, he's most effective when paired with a stunner like Spidey to prevent red getting matched by the AI - so he may drop some depending on the Spidey rebalance.

That being said, he does great damage on purple/black, which is rare, and his blue/purple will take priority over Spidey's, meaning your healer is getting minimal exposure to damage and one-shotting. With a third power, he'd move up in my roster considerably.

This is spot on. 1000+ damage per turn is a VERY fast clock. It should pretty much always do 5000 damage spread across multiple characters, and if you do a little board cleanup before using it, it is totally reasonable to make double that. His blue isn't bad, either, but is much more situational. He is a self sustaining guy that doesn't need any support and you can throw him on almost any team. Just a solid all-around guy.
  • At a guess I think his purple ability will survive unscathed, but they obviously never intended his blue ability to be used offensively, change it so that you cannot choose the placement and have it just place random blue protect tiles instead (maybe increasing the amount of tiles or the value of the protect) and the red will be raised to 6AP and have its damage increased.
  • Twysta wrote:
    I'll correct this for you. Magneto is one of the most powerful mutants in the world.