You guys have Hackers

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So the first place player in my bracket is named "However" His collection consists of 70 wolv (classic), 60 black widow (orig), 50 iron man (Model 35), and nothing else over level 35...

He's at ~800 points, and has a shield, I played almost all night and was in first with my 100+ Iron Man (Model 40) *Which is currently buffed by the way for double shot*, 73 Spiderman, and 43 Hulk...

So this kid somehow magically gets 800 points without even owning an Ironman Model 40 that isn't even over level 15 and has a single yellow ability in a matter of a couple hours? Couple minutes? Seconds? I mean really if you're going to accept money for a product like this you should really enforce the system, or at least correctly distribute prizes and correctly investigate accounts for banning.

I will never spend another dime on this game until this is taken into account, and I dont think anyone else should either. Instead we can all just go buy the hack tools for the game and enjoy everything it has to offer for free, or at least that's how it seems at the moment.

Comments

• previous tourney also met such players... perhaps gotta do with the pvp setting where low roster player get the chance to match with other low roster player and will not meet any of the high roster player? This is what i though... or he could be so lucky and able to draw out high tournament points player and manage barely beat them and secure the top spot by shielding before been retaliated... oh well good for him den xD

But it would be better if you can screen shot and show the evidence right here... if you still suspicious of him been cheating... you could refer the link below and submit it along with the screenshot...

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2788
  • He's fighting lower-leveled competition than you are.

You will know this, because no matter how many times you hit the skip button, you will never be able to queue him up for an attack.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    He's fighting lower-leveled competition than you are.

You will know this, because no matter how many times you hit the skip button, you will never be able to queue him up for an attack.

How is that even a factor? Why is he in my bracket, HE DOESN'T even own an iron man 40 that can do anything!? How the F can you get to that many points in an event with a buffed character? Like how do I get into that freaken bracket? What the hell?

Everyone I fight has like a lvl ~70 IM 40 and at least a lvl 85 thor, maybe wolv and storm, bw orig...all the above all day...
  • They are not hackers, they are the new wave of "clients" they want to lure into spending money into the game.

To do that they have put a MMR system where low level people are "good" at PvP events. They win covers, need to buy slots, get lured into spending HP to progress the covers they won, etc.

Then once they got our money and we are in mid to high level range, we are not as delicious it seems.
  • treserio wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    He's fighting lower-leveled competition than you are.

How is that even a factor? Why is he in my bracket, HE DOESN'T even own an iron man 40 that can do anything!? How the F can you get to that many points in an event with a buffed character? Like how do I get into that freaken bracket? What the hell?

He is in the same bracket but the system will not match him against players with way better rosters than his/hers.
  • They are not hackers, they are the new wave of "clients" they want to lure into spending money into the game.

To do that they have put a MMR system where low level people are "good" at PvP events. They win covers, need to buy slots, get lured into spending HP to progress the covers they won, etc.

Then once they got our money and we are in mid to high level range, we are not as delicious it seems.

lol wow ok that makes a lot of sense and is really awefully pathetic, although I do remember the first time I got my IM 40 for one of these double shots, and the option to purchase a guaranteed IM40 cover was available....Since then I have yet to see a guaranteed cover offer for anyone.
  • Ah this "however" guy
    He was in my bracket for the last tourney. He was in the top 3 all the time until the last hour then he went bye bye
  • But still I've seen a number of posts online referring to a daxattack, as well as links to various tools which show hax for infinite coins / gems. Has there ever been an official response from D3 in regards to this activity?
  • Idk why people always think its the mid level guys who are hacking. I mean, if you were hacking, why wouldnt you just give yourself better units?

I personally find people like my bracket's leader, AlexForquet, who has 2 sets of of every 3* character maxed out and a lvl 181 4* wolvie much more likely hackers because really? 2 sets of maxed out 3* characters? Why do you even play anymore?
  • Spencer75
    Options
    Deadpan wrote:
    Idk why people always think its the mid level guys who are hacking. I mean, if you were hacking, why wouldnt you just give yourself better units?

I personally find people like my bracket's leader, AlexForquet, who has 2 sets of of every 3* character maxed out and a lvl 181 4* wolvie much more likely hackers because really? 2 sets of maxed out 3* characters? Why do you even play anymore?

+1

He has an insane roster

OP - this isn't an example of hacking, just in a good mmr range
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Alot of the problem is that many people just don't understand how the current tourney system actually works.

Refresher course time!
    Note: The following rules are for standard PvE / PvP tourneys...not gamewide events like lightning rounds.

#1 You are placed in brackets based on WHEN you joined, not based on difficulty. This is done to give everyone you are competeing against a fair allotment of time available. You always want to start tourneys when they are convenient for you. Some players like to just join really late and only compete with other late joiners.

#2 You are NOT MATCHED AGAINST YOUR BRACKET for actual games, you are matched only against other players with a simular MMR.. This is why it is NEVER a good idea/suggestion to tell newbies to "wait" on playing tourneys....they should join asap so they get to fight against other low MMR teams.
    (Instead of say having them wait till they have an awesome 2* 3 person team and they will be quickly assigned to a higher MMR group.)

#3 It is not really possible any longer to "tank" your MMR to get back to seeing lv30 1* teams. (*or at least I've just been really unsuccessful at it)
  • Bcorm
    Bcorm Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Daxattack is a hack program that allows you to access and manipulate the game data held client side. It can't manipulate server side data, for example in Glu games you can add Glu Silver but not Glu Gold as that data is held server side. It also requires root access to your device. I have never nor would I ever hack a game, it ruins the fun for me. I do however research them so I know what to look for and how they work.
  • treserio wrote:
    Everyone I fight has like a lvl ~70 IM 40 and at least a lvl 85 thor, maybe wolv and storm, bw orig...all the above all day...

The game brackets people based on when they join the event. Not if they are equal in strength. The first 200 that win a match become a bracket, then a new one fills up.

The reason why you are seeing different opponents than him is called MMR (or match-making ranking). That system attempts to find you opponents that have similar rosters, similar W/L records and people that are within about 300-400 points of where you currently sit at.
  • There are definitely some low to mid level hackers out there
    They're not giving themselves extra iso or hero points, but they have hacks that allow them to almost insta win fights
    I've been hit by a few lvl 30-50 teams when i'm running a lvl 100 team and they're taking consistent 30 second wins off me
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    treserio wrote:
    But still I've seen a number of posts online referring to a daxattack, as well as links to various tools which show hax for infinite coins / gems. Has there ever been an official response from D3 in regards to this activity?

just read one of the gazillion threads here about cheating...such cheats are detected by the backend and those players put into a special sandbox where nobody can see them anymore.
  • Liaomiao wrote:
    There are definitely some low to mid level hackers out there
    They're not giving themselves extra iso or hero points, but they have hacks that allow them to almost insta win fights
    I've been hit by a few lvl 30-50 teams when i'm running a lvl 100 team and they're taking consistent 30 second wins off me

Report them, such things can easily be verified and the offending player isolated. (*One of my all time favorite punishments...cheaters don't realize they have been isolated and only fight other cheaters)
  • Tolken wrote:
    Alot of the problem is that many people just don't understand how the current tourney system actually works.

Refresher course time!
    Note: The following rules are for standard PvE / PvP tourneys...not gamewide events like lightning rounds.

#1 You are placed in brackets based on WHEN you joined, not based on difficulty. This is done to give everyone you are competeing against a fair allotment of time available. You always want to start tourneys when they are convenient for you. Some players like to just join really late and only compete with other late joiners.

#2 You are NOT MATCHED AGAINST YOUR BRACKET for actual games, you are matched only against other players with a simular MMR.. This is why it is NEVER a good idea/suggestion to tell newbies to "wait" on playing tourneys....they should join asap so they get to fight against other low MMR teams.
    (Instead of say having them wait till they have an awesome 2* 3 person team and they will be quickly assigned to a higher MMR group.)

#3 It is not really possible any longer to "tank" your MMR to get back to seeing lv30 1* teams. (*or at least I've just been really unsuccessful at it)

People in your bracket can come up as an opponent if you share a similar MMR. I've seen it happen before. I was able to attack #1 on the leaderboard in my bracket.
  • The guy leading man bracket has a level 35 modern storm as their best character and it's really annoying, which is why I'm not playing as much as I used to and only o laying PvE really.

It's just not worth it and no way in hell will I give them money now, was going to before, but not now
  • We discussed it all over every day since rosters became visible. What you see is (99% likely) not hacking, just direct consequence of the braindead tournament design.

People are bracketed for scoring but not fight each other -- the guy you see on top fights some low-level teams the game offers him while others behind him fight 3x100+ teams or get beaten up by them.

The idea of not spending on **** is certainly sound.
  • treserio wrote:
    But still I've seen a number of posts online referring to a daxattack, as well as links to various tools which show hax for infinite coins / gems. Has there ever been an official response from D3 in regards to this activity?

We asked several times directly, got only silence, instead of the obvious "Those tools have no chance to work." What implies the server is vulnerable (along with other indicators for the same). Instead of fixing it they try to do post-mortem recovery and ban/sandbox accounts with blatant discrepancy if found out.

Probably not a significant factor in the current state of the game that applies more cheating by design than any external tool could.
This discussion has been closed.