Event Tier Qualifications

Options
shteev
shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
OK! So I played the last Event in Platinum Tier having mastered just my blue up to Platinum.

Now I enter the new event, it tells me I'm in Gold Tier, and I can't quit out and master some more cards? What the hell kind of UI is this? A child of 6 could have written a better UI for creating a UX that people actually want to have.

Just so no-one else falls for this load of dingo's kidneys, the event is White/Red/Black.

'you done that UI yet Dave?'
'Yeah, but it's a bit ****, needs a bit more work..'
'Never mind that! One of the whales is having problems with his device, get on the phones!!'

Comments

• Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It makes sense to me. The rules of each event are there, including the colors needed.
    If you want to join at platinum level you need to have one of those colors leveled up before joining.

Why would there need to be an option to 'un-join'?

I would like to have the option to undo a lot of mistakes I have made in the game, but this one is not at the top of my list.

On another note, I am just hoping I can play in this one. I joined the previous Terrors event but never got a match in. It just gave me a 'no matches found' error.
    Maybe I have too many colors leveled!
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 329 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You can check which tier you can qualify for by pressing the rewards button from the EVENTS screen (you cannot do this from the activity hub or landing screen!).
  • shteev
    Options
    Fiddler wrote:
    Why would there need to be an option to 'un-join'?

Why indeed? If you print a 'join' button on the screen, and an X button at the top right of the screen, you might expect them to do different things.

It's not a programming fault, of course, everything works... it's just that the design of the user interface has impeded my user experience.
  • Feagul
    Feagul Posts: 114
    Options
    I posted about this after the very first event. I joined as soon as it was available (patch release) and was locked in Bronze tier despite the fact that I leveled my masteries to Gold before the event started. Eventually we reverse engineered the system and I learned my lesson then and there. The UI is awful at leading you down your desired path. Even a confirmation dialog that explicitly tells you that you're about to lock in your mastery level at X Tier would be more desireable.

Now that platinum progression awards 140 (40/40/60) crystals vs gold progression of 100 (30/30/40 if I remember correctly), there's pretty good incentive to be in the top tier. We basically get a 600 crystal big box every other week if we only do the progression rewards. Also, there were so few people in platinum in the last event that it seemed that we were all guaranteed top 50 for another 100+ crystal boost.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    OK! So I played the last Event in Platinum Tier having mastered just my blue up to Platinum.

Now I enter the new event, it tells me I'm in Gold Tier, and I can't quit out and master some more cards? What the hell kind of UI is this? A child of 6 could have written a better UI for creating a UX that people actually want to have.

Just so no-one else falls for this load of dingo's kidneys, the event is White/Red/Black.

'you done that UI yet Dave?'
    'Yeah, but it's a bit ****, needs a bit more work..'
    'Never mind that! One of the whales is having problems with his device, get on the phones!!'

Getting real tired of your weak passive aggressive jabs at the UI team after you got shut down with the UI answer in the other thread.

You didn't read the rules before joining the event? Can I complain about idiotic users complaining the UI is not idiot proof enough for them? Especially since this is like the 4th or 5th event with the exact same system.

If there's anything to complain about, it's the fact that the bonus objectives aren't revealed in the rules, and even that might have been intended to make players scramble to form new decks of the fly.
  • paralistalon
    Options
    I feel your pain. I just got my Blue to Platinum... very painful towards the end, lol.
  • shteev
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    Getting real tired of your weak passive aggressive jabs at the UI team after you got shut down with the UI answer in the other thread.

Well, that's a shame, because passive aggressive jabs are my dominant form of communication. I'm not *trying* to get banned from the forums, I like it here, but I suppose it might happen. Why not put in a formal complaint about me?
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    Pqmtg- wrote:

Well, that's a shame, because passive aggressive jabs are my dominant form of communication. I'm not *trying* to get banned from the forums, I like it here, but I suppose it might happen. Why not put in a formal complaint about me?

It's not against most forum rules to act like a 5 year old who just discovered sarcasm. It's kinda weird though that you're actually proud of being passive aggressive. I sincerely hope that it's not really your dominant form of communication.
  • shteev
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    It's not against most forum rules to act like a 5 year old who just discovered sarcasm. It's kinda weird though that you're actually proud of being passive aggressive. I sincerely hope that it's not really your dominant form of communication.

I'm posting that on facebook. My friends will get a kick out of it.
  • shteev
    Options
    I just tried selecting a planeswalker for one of my nodes. I hit the 'X' button at the top of the screen, which as we all know means 'select'... Imagine my surprise when it quit out of the screen without selecting my Planeswalker! I shall raise a ticket about this.