Crash of the Titans Cycle 3: Red Hulk

2»

Comments

• Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    A rare laugher, beat him first try with my 133 2/4/5 Rulk, no boosts.

It wasn't even meant as a serious attempt, just my usual warmup to see the fight. Denied red hard, picked up purple when I could, waited for him to collect some green before firing my purple, he never even got a red off. Now 12-7 for Cycle 3.

Got my first redflag.pngicon_cyclops.png for my effort, now 1/1/4. That would have been a lot more useful a week ago, but I'll take it. icon_e_smile.gif
  • to gun
    to gun Posts: 17
    Took several tries, but won with a level 131 0 red 4 purple 1 green rulk. Boosted r/y and b/p damage along with 100% to all. Thanks to those posting strats, as they really help!!

Got a blue punisher cover from the token.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    will be really interesting to see how you do Cousin. A non-invisible character doing only match damage? Good luck!

Did it first try! I never did get that Rulk from my Taco vault, so I only leveled him to 152 (still 1/0/5). Boosted +100% all, +50% green/black, +50% red/yellow.

I had a hard time getting ahead of Hulk in the health race -- I ended with 500-700 -- but I must've gotten some mini-cascades and multiple matches because I was able to survive one Smash near the end. Fortunately, I'd been collecting purple all match, so was able to drain his green before getting Smashed (and I was always able to drain him whenever he got to 10 green).

Anger never became an issue, since I recall only one match-4 being available the whole match, and it being yellow, I let the AI take it.

Got a blue Cyclops! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tried several times with my level 94 rulk, now at 2/3/3, but kept running into bad cascades and started running out of HP boosts. Totally doable at this level, but more hassle than I could afford today.

Since rulk is top tier And worth leveling anyway, I swallowed 40k iso to raise him to 147 and won after another two tries. No regrets about having a higher level rulk, but I may miss that iso in 9 days when I can't quite champ JG to use an expiring 6th green cover. Ugh.

Stockpiling the LT.
  • Haxis
    Haxis Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Second try, lvl 127 Rhulk. 3/0/2 . 100% match, 50% Blue/Purple, 50% Red/Yellow. He didn't get any abilities off.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got him on my third try. My 2/2/3 Red Hulk was underleveled and lost the first two, so I sold off a Champ 2-star Cap (have a 3/4/5 on the farm, waiting for another cover) to bring him up to LVL 147. +100% Match damage, +1 purple, +2 green AP. Won with about 1300 health left after a silly cascade from his one green Anger tile gave him enough to do a Thunderous Clap.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Easy, nay trivial, for a championed Red Hulk, got a 5* Iron Man blue from the token.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Boosted 100% match damage on my 2/5/2 127 Rulk and took Hulk down on the first attempt. Got smashed once and hit him once with a 5k green smash of my own.

First greenflag.pngicon_iceman.png from the fight to get him to 1/3/3... not too shabby!
  • bbf2
    bbf2 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    I have an extremely unfortunately covered 5/2/1 Hulk, had to try several times and brought him up to 133 with the ISO I gained throughout the day. Tried it several times but he always managed to get 14 red somehow. The five in pink was beyond useless other than allowing me to level him up enough to survive a red attack. Ran out of "all match damage" boosts (was running low from last Crash). Finally got it done with +50 r/y match damage, +50 b/p match damage, and +30 g/black match damage on my 15th-20th try or so after getting him to level 133.

For my efforts, got a black Black Bolt cover icon_e_smile.gif
  • auralgami
    auralgami Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Beat him second try with a 2/3/3 Level 144 Rulk. I had 123 health left. He got off a Smash, and from then it was just a race to see who bled out first.

Got Carnage, which brings him to 2/2/2
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Didn't beat him. Even with lvl 110 Rulk and 100% all dmg boost. Was VERY close though... Just a 3 more turns and I would won. Bad luck icon_lol.gif