Why am I seeing "top" players win?

Options
Why do the "top" players in tournaments have such poor rosters. How can a player who's top hero is only level 68 be in first place. This occurred last night in the double shot tournament. This isn't possible without hacking is it? Aren't there administrators that police that kind of stuff? I have a screenshot to prove it, but i can't figure out how to post a pic on the forum. The user was in slot number 1 with no shield with his top three heroes being:
1) Level 68 Thor
2) Level 40 Juggernaut
3) Level 40 Black Widow

Sucks for us real players to be stuck further down the ranking when the top slots are reserved for these kind of people.
It's not just the top spot either, third, fourth, fifth and even sixth place have impossible rosters. There is no way they can be winning that much with characters of that level.

Comments

• Why do the "top" players in tournaments have such poor rosters. How can a player who's top hero is only level 68 be in first place. This occurred last night in the double shot tournament. This isn't possible without hacking is it? Aren't there administrators that police that kind of stuff? I have a screenshot to prove it, but i can't figure out how to post a pic on the forum. The user was in slot number 1 with no shield with his top three heroes being:
    1) Level 68 Thor
    2) Level 40 Juggernaut
    3) Level 40 Black Widow

Sucks for us real players to be stuck further down the ranking when the top slots are reserved for these kind of people.
    "these kind of people"????

why cant he be top? could easily have started early and just got the points quick. its not like the tournament is over there is still 1 and a half days to go. and even if he was top then that dont make him a cheater. he could easily have low mmr and playing guys his level. blame the mm not the player.
  • If they just put everyone in the same pool people will just be complaining about the guy winning is always the guy with 3 level 141 characters.
  • So players are separated into pools of differing levels? Like, that level 68 guy is the best of his level 68 competitors? That would make more sense. Although, how are these "pools" determined? Who or what determines what will make for a good, fair fight?
  • So players are separated into pools of differing levels? Like, that level 68 guy is the best of his level 68 competitors? That would make more sense. Although, how are these "pools" determined? Who or what determines what will make for a good, fair fight?

Everyone has a hidden, persistent matchmaking rating (MMR) and you're matched with people with similar MMR to yours. The more you win the higher it gets, the more you lose the more it drops.
  • Okay cool. I think I have a way better understanding of how it works now. Thanks!