PvP Event Reward Structure

Options
Coppertouret
Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ Suggestions & Feedback
I feel like the event should have more progression rewards as an incentive to keep pushing. I know ranking high is an incentive, but you have to win the race to win the reward. So if you are in a bracket with tied 1-10th place folks, if you get the same amount of points after them, you finish 11th. That structure doesn't encourage people to play past certain points of progression. As for me currently, I'm sitting in 1st on my silver bracket with 40 points (no losses) with "1 day remaining" in the event. I would like to see some extra progression rewards on the top end to alleviate some of the ribbon race the event turns to after 25 points.

Comments

• nexus13
    nexus13 Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This event has the potential for someone to earn 70 ribbons I believe. The progression ends at 25. It'd be nice to have something else in there for day two progression.
  • Coppertouret
    Options
    I agree, I'm now at 0 losses with 50pts and no missed refreshes. Double max progression already with a little less than half the event to go.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think getting the progression larger can be helpful but I think from a point onward it should reward very little in addition Or else people with no great decks will complain being unable to get the best prizes, like they did when the competition was one day long.

I think progression reward should be rebalanced to stop at 35(50% win rate required).
    From there onward every ribbon could just give crystals.
    Even 1 crystal per ribbon would mean 35 additional crystals. Not bad.
  • Coppertouret
    Options
    Morphis wrote:
    I think getting the progression larger can be helpful but I think from a point onward it should reward very little in addition Or else people with no great decks will complain being unable to get the best prizes, like they did when the competition was one day long.

I think progression reward should be rebalanced to stop at 35(50% win rate required).
    From there onward every ribbon could just give crystals.
    Even 1 crystal per ribbon would mean 35 additional crystals. Not bad.

I would be satisfied with something small like this. I just want something more for the last day.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Personally I think 48 hours is loo tong for the PvP event, and would like to see it go back to 24 hours.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    Personally I think 48 hours is loo tong for the PvP event, and would like to see it go back to 24 hours.
    There is a problem with that.
    It's what I mentioned, the people with low win rates.

Now there are two objection to this being actually a problem:

- if you have low win rate you deserve no prize. That can seem fair for many, especially this forum reader, that usually have at least fine decks.
    But there are also people with bad collection. Those people are the ones that benefit the most from getting this events reward.

That's why people cried about being unable to get the prizes and since there is no longer pve event AND such people also cannot compete in QB, I can see their point.

- ok to solve point above just reduce the win needed for max prizes to low amount. Let's say out of 35 max ribbons(1day) 15 needed.

Ok but that would mean requiring basically little to no dedication to get the guaranteed prizes.
    In the pve event even with no retrial(unlikely for people we are talking about) it did take a lot of time.

So I don't think bringing back to 1 day would be a good move.
    Having higher prizes for the more dedication needed could.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    You don't need great decks to win prizes at qb.

You just need time, and lots of it.
  • tm00
    tm00 Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't think they would like to reward even more crystals.

But maybe an increase on runes won after the 25th victory to 250-300 could help making the players less annoyed if they fail to storm the top and more willing to use they crystals on walkers.
  • leromeo
    leromeo Posts: 19
    Options
    tm00 wrote:
    I don't think they would like to reward even more crystals.

But maybe an increase on runes won after the 25th victory to 250-300 could help making the players less annoyed if they fail to storm the top and more willing to use they crystals on walkers.

Nope, because mana runes become useless after you have acquired all the planeswalkers and max leveled them. They just stockpile because they took out the ability to buy **** packs with runes from the vault.