PVP event is broken

Options
ReddMaxx
ReddMaxx Posts: 54 Match Maker
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
There is no way to be in the top when the game locks up about 1 in 4 times. I have had 6 locks in 24 matches. This just isn't right. No way to be competitive if the the game locks up that much

I am barely in the top 100 with those losses, I would be in the top 25 without them. I thought they had this fixed after the last update.

I can say it happens with the opponent has 3 creatures and starts to cast something. Maybe after a five match. It has happen with at least three different PWs.

It is an endless loop. I think the AI is either looking for a match or trying to figure out what to cast next. I am pretty sure it is not a memory problem but getting into a loop with does not have a break out.

Either way it pretty much sucks to know that with that many locks up in the gold tier you have pretty much no chance to be in the top 50.

Redd

Comments

• Rootbreaker
    Options
    Do you quit the game and re-open it after each match?
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The freezes are now totally unacceptable.
    I say now because in the past they simply haven’t been as important.
    In the QB format where you are playing hundreds of games in a 48-72 hour period and the margins between players in the rankings are often in the hundreds of points the only thing being screwed is your win/loss % which by the time you have played 2,3 or 4 thousand games isn’t going to change too dramatically.
    In the PVE freezes were frustrating but you have an unlimited number of tries to beat the battles in the time period, so meh.
    Now the devs have given us PVP events. A highly competitive model where you can have a maximum of 70 games in 48 hours….. EVERY win counts, the margins between the top players are incredibly close. Play all 70 games and lose 1, you’ll probably make top 5 if you get their first, lose 2 and you’re probably out of luck. EVERY win counts and it’s extremely frustrating when the chance is taken away from you.

Maybe if you read this and agree post your username as a comment and we’ll get an idea of how many people are highly annoyed by these freezes…
  • Mangus 73
    Mangus 73 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I posed this in the bugs area yesterday. Not fun and makes pvp more about luck than skill and deck building prowess.
  • sassybutt
    Options
    I fully agree that this is ridiculous, as said. Although I play plenty of the possible matches, I am always dropping down 1 or 2 reward tiers. I've given up this PVP event after I got all the normal rewards as about 1 in 5 games was freezing/bugging and was a forced loss.
  • fox1342
    fox1342 Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Do you quit the game and re-open it after each match?

After every three seems to work for me. Play out a colour. Quit and reboot. No freezes. I do get them otherwise when I get carried away and keep playing.
  • Rootbreaker
    Options
    I'm usually fine with 2, but I almost always crash on the third. With quick battle I do 2, but with Nodes of Power, I quit after each battle because each match is so important.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I rarely get game freezes during PvP, maybe I'm just lucky?
  • Rootbreaker
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    What kind of device are you using?
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    What kind of device are you using?

Galaxy S5 running 6.0.1
  • Mangus 73
    Mangus 73 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm on z5 compact running 6.0.1 cyanogen mod. Only game that has issues.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Is this the crash when loading bug or the playing against a red planeswalker freeze-up?

I had to force quit two games yesterday. Thankfully I was only going for progression and not placement.
  • alextfish
    alextfish Posts: 192
    Options
    I've only ever seen this kind of freeze about twice ever. But I only usually have time to play 2-5 games in a row, so I'm certainly not trying for 70 points; I'm lucky if I can fit in 25 wins before the event closes. Nonetheless, I don't see freezes even playing several games in a row.
  • durielthered
    Options
    I've also had game freezes and it's always been against red pw. For me it seems to happen after they get lots of mana in one turn and when it's time for there extra swap the ai just locks up. I had 3 loses in the last pvp due to this bug. Very frustrating.
  • tm00
    tm00 Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It happened twice to me and both times they were a red walker that was going to cast something with cost 3 or less.
  • Arcannyx
    Arcannyx Posts: 17
    Options
    So far on this event I've had 2 loses because I put my phone done; screen went to sleep, and when I picked it up again, I was rebooting the app. Another 3 loses because I reached the end of the match and it said Ihad no connection.
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Last event i had 2 game freezes and 1 of them wasn't even against a red deck, it was due to me clicking on one of my support gems and then the game froze... ended up finishing 27th instead of top 25, missing the fat pack...

Luckily not had one this event yet but have at least 1 in every event previously. When win rate matters so much for these, it really really sucks!
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    1 freeze in 5 games is about right. for the event, I only bother to complete the 25 matches and some to get them crystals. It is impossible to make it to top due to freezes, OP PW such as koth and broken cards like Gaea's Revenge. The grind to the top isn't worth it due to low 100 runes gain compared QB. It much easier and probably smarter to grind QB for a guaranteed rare, booster pack and runes once you complete 25 wins in pvp event. Even 300 runes for QB is too low.
    There is also some mismatch in the event when you get matched with a PW such as koth or kiora that are 12+ levels more than you. The even thus punishes you for being at low level.
    Progressing to gold tier does not imply higher skills cause you can make it to that rank with a mediocre collection.