Crash of the Titans Cycle 3: Cyclops

Sluggo
Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
In MPQ's corner: Iron Maaaaaaaaaaan Hullllllllkbussssterrrr
In my corner: a 0/1/4 Cyclops, because RNG hates me.*
(*Out of 130+ LTs in 2016, I've pulled one Cyclops.)

Previous Runs:

Comments

• Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Per here, someone has beat this with a 4/1/1 at 135, but judging from the cycle 2 thread, this matchup would be pretty challenging for an undercovered and underleveled Cyclops (mine is 5/1/1).
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Mine is 2/4/2 and level 117. Is there a chance? I'm about to champion Blade (need 37k). Don't know if it's worth.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Per here, someone has beat this with a 4/1/1 at 135, but judging from the cycle 2 thread, this matchup would be pretty challenging for an undercovered and underleveled Cyclops (mine is 5/1/1).

Cyc's skills nearly double in damage/effectiveness at 5 covers vs 4. 5 red is going to do a boatload of damage, you might be ok if you put some iso into him.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Cyc is 3/2/2 and fully leveled up to 147. Any idea what the odds are of winning this one, or should I save my boosts/health packs for another day?
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    sambrookjm wrote:
    My Cyc is 3/2/2 and fully leveled up to 147. Any idea what the odds are of winning this one, or should I save my boosts/health packs for another day?

Mine is a L150 3/3/1. I'm going to at least give it a go. Based on the last run's thread, quite a few managed it with only 3 in red, albeit with a lot of luck, so I think it's at least worth the attempt. The damage bump on 4 and again on 5 red is huge, since the 3 covers is not a lot against someone as strong as HB.
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    mines 3/5/1 lvl 180. 30 red and 30 colorless would only take about half of busters health. seems like a pretty uphill fight. would need some serious boosts and a ton of luck.

maybe ill luck a red in the next two days. icon_e_biggrin.gif. my stupid taco vault has a yellow of course. at least im pretty well set for the next five or so following this one.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    My belief is that this Crash is all about whether you have red covers or not.

If you've got red, you can deny IMHB's most powerful ability while simultaneously powering up an offensive ability of your own. Then you can deny black as a secondary priority, and focusing on those two colors (with blue and yellow being a nice bonus if they roll your way) should give you a puncher's chance of hanging in there.

On the other hand, if you have zero red like me, I would have to deny red, deny black, collect blue for little damage (and get no benefit from the red it generates) and my yellow would be useless (since it also generates red). That's generally a bad recipe for any Crash.

So for this fight, I can see people winning with a low-level 4/1/1, while even a high-level 0/5/5 would probably be in for a butt whooping. Right now, my only hope for my 0/1/4 Cyc is that I pull a few red covers before Wednesday.
  • mikepro
    mikepro Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Lvl 277 champed shouldn't have any issue with it again. 2nd cycle he was 525 and no issues then so I would think now is a lot easier
  • superho
    superho Posts: 17
    How about a level 3/4/4 cyclops? I'm debating whether to load him up with ISO for this event
  • thanos8587
    superho wrote:
    How about a level 3/4/4 cyclops? I'm debating whether to load him up with ISO for this event

red at 3 covers level 180 does 1837 or 3178 with 10 team up ap. buster has about 18,000 hp. if he hits you once hes taking around half your health at that level. very tough fight with less than 4 red, you just have to hit him so many times while keeping him off three colors. ill give it one try and throw some boosts at it. beyond that the odds are very not in my favor and ill probably take the week off.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    grabbed quite a few cyc covers since the last cycle...looking forward to pumping iso into my 5/1/5 and taking down veronica...
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    I have a 3/3/1 sitting at level 70. I have the iso to take him to 152, but obviously that's a precious resource. I skimmed the old threads, but didn't notice anyone similar.

So, is it worth the iso for a 3/3/1?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 175 5/5/3 died first time through, HB was down to 700 HP, but by then had enough red to finish off Cyclops..

Second time, boosted Team-Up, and yellow / red, concentrated on denying rather than building up my own AP, still ate one repulsor punch but had enough health to carry on for the win.

Having enough red and levels meant that Cyclops could do nearly 10k damage with accumulated TU, firing off red twice (one with TU, one without) before being killed was key. If you can't do enough damage with red, I think you'll struggle without exceptional luck.

:edit: Oh, and got a Quake yellow from the token, which takes her to 5/3/3, and I am happy.
  • Diarchos
    Diarchos Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Managed to take him down on the eighth try.

Lvl 127 3-0-2. Used + 2 y&r AP, +100% match dmg and + 2 All AP

Was really tough but worth the effort icon_cool.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Damn, what a change.

Last time my cyclops was 2/3/2 @ 147. I couldn't get it done. Even with heavy match boosts, decent boards, and two fully charged combined forces, I never got him below about 4k. He just has so much health and all of his powers feed each other; I couldn't figure out a functional strategy.

This time around my cyc is 5/4/4 (as of yesterday!) and it was a quite easy. had an ok, but not great, board. Was able to deny him long enough to collect 14teamup ap, 30 red, and 8 blue just as he got 11 black to fire overdrive. I didn't even need my last 10 red ap.

Diarchos,

How did you manage it with just 3 red covers? That's quite a neat trick. I ddn't think this one was possible without 4 red covers; cyc just doesn't do enough damage without it.
  • Diarchos
    Diarchos Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Diarchos,

How did you manage it with just 3 red covers? That's quite a neat trick. I ddn't think this one was possible without 4 red covers; cyc just doesn't do enough damage without it.

I was able to deny red and blueand black decently. I used blue strategicly to set up 2 crits with team up.

Used red to clear all dangerous green. When he finally got overdrive he killed himself.

But like I wrote. It took 8 tries so it wasn't easy.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tried it about 3 or 4 times with my 3/3/1 before I gave up.

Jumped into my taco vault, and cashed in 130 tacos before I finally got my 4th Cyke red. Added some ISO, and went back for more

After that, it took about 4 tries with my L170, 4/3/1 to beat him.

My reward: icon_venom.pngblackflag.png , bringing him to 1/3/1. Ugh.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Diarchos wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Diarchos,

I was able to deny red and blueand black decently. I used blue strategicly to set up 2 crits with team up.

Used red to clear all dangerous green. When he finally got overdrive he killed himself.

But like I wrote. It took 8 tries so it wasn't easy.

I think you are underselling your achievement. Even withv8 tries, I have never heard of anyone beating this fight below 130, it with fewer than 4 red covers. Well done!
  • thanos8587
    Diarchos wrote:
    Managed to take him down on the eighth try.

Lvl 127 3-0-2. Used + 2 y&r AP, +100% match dmg and + 2 All AP

Was really tough but worth the effort icon_cool.gif

i know im impressed icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Lvl 189 5/4/3 - first try; denied red then black; threw down some yellow and collected teamup tiles; never used blue; whittled HB down until his red and black were charged and he got off one 9 red ap repulsor punch; I got off 2 Cyke reds and took him down to 200 health; he used his black overdrive on next turn and committed suicide. I want to make sure and thank all the contributors to this thread for sharing their experience and strategies to help me in my attempts.