Is there a "tile damage" per level chart out there?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
One thing I have notice is the tile damage per level appears to be independent of character or number of covers:

ie Spidey L60 is (in Y, R, B, P, G, K order) 33,8,26,30,8,7. Patches L60 is 26,30,8,8,33,7

The higher values (appear to be) directly related to position on character cover, so in Patches case, his cover has, top to bottom G,R,Y - which line up with associated descending tile damage .

I don't have enough data to compare the 2 cover characters (Dr. Doom etc), other than they don't seem to follow the same progression as 3 cover characters.

Is there a big 'ol chart out there that has a level by level tile damage increase? If it does not exist, can we start one? With the above observations, it doesn't seem to matter who the character is or the number of covers they have. Just throw out the # of *, Level, and damage in descending order. I think it would work.

I simply lack the experience / know how on putting together those wonderfully helpful spreadsheets out there - or if there is even interest in this.

Thoughts?

Comments

• mischiefmaker
    Options
    Check the wiki. Almost every character has a full tile damage by level chart completed (last I checked there were a few that weren't, but they're getting filled up fast).

For instance, here's the page for Patch.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unless you are having a hard time deciding between which of two characters to level, does this really matter? I mean, the damage just keeps going up as you level, or are you trying to build a super balanced team and don't want say Hood jumping out in front of Wolverine when collecting yellow?
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    Unless you are having a hard time deciding between which of two characters to level, does this really matter? I mean, the damage just keeps going up as you level, or are you trying to build a super balanced team and don't want say Hood jumping out in front of Wolverine when collecting yellow?

Oh god no - just a vaguely compulsive desire to stare at charts and tables and look up information I already know.

...like Dungeons & Dragons in the early 80's ....
  • Check the wiki. Almost every character has a full tile damage by level chart completed (last I checked there were a few that weren't, but they're getting filled up fast).

For instance, here's the page for Patch.

Thanks - this is along the lines of what I was looking for. If I am right (>ahem< and I usually am icon_rolleyes.gif ), then it doesn't matter which 3*** character, they would all use the same chart, just the damage would be allocated as per the colours on their covers.

and thank you for overseeing some interesting spreadsheets related to MPQ game data!
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    My pleasure -- you're not the only one who likes staring at charts and tables. icon_e_smile.gif

I believe you are correct that all characters of the same rarity have the same scaling for tile damage in their primary colors (usually, but not necessarily, the same as their powers; see Magneto classic and grey Widow). I'm also pretty sure they have the same scaling for their off-powers, and that there's different scaling for each of those. The only exception is Ragnarok, who has some sort of wonky nerfed scaling on only red and green.