Has anyone ever gotten the higher rarity from a QB reward?

Options
Jazzpha
Jazzpha Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I noticed the other day that I've never gotten the card type as a reward that's the "Chance of (X)" for a given rank. As in, at 50-11 I've never gotten the potential Mythic, always a Rare. Makes me wonder what the actual percentage odds of getting the bump-up happen to be.

Has anyone here actually gotten lucky, or are the chances of that astronomically low enough to be negligible?

Thanks!

Comments

• Barrelrolla
    Barrelrolla Posts: 289
    Options
    50 wins, 11 losses?
    I'm at 1386 wins and 194 losses. I don't remember ever getting it. Maybe I did one or two times, but it's definitely low enough to not hope for it lol.
  • Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Jazzpha is talking about finishing ranked position 11 to 50, where the rewards includes "Guaranteed Rare, chance of a Mythic" in the description.

To be honest, I've not finished that high enough that often to take any notice of the actual reward rarity. Gut feeling is no, no Mythic for me from those times that I did finish that high.

I did get a rare from my free 3-pack last night though, which felt gratifying except for the fact that I had unlocked it 3 times already. (Thankyou Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim, but I already have you in my inventory)
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The number of matches played isn't relevant, but rather how many quick battle events you've been in. That said, I've never gotten the upgraded card tier and I've been playing since mid March.
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've ever once gotten a Rare when I ended at rank 152 for a QB but never a Rare to Mythic when I ended at ranks 150-2.
  • Barrelrolla
    Barrelrolla Posts: 289
    Options
    Okay, I didn't understand.
    I have never gotten a Mythic from 50-11, but I've finished there 2-3 times, so I don't know the odds. But I'm finishing 150-51 almost every time and I don't remember getting a Mythic ever.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I remember getting a mythic from 2-10 place many months ago....
    Chance is, of course, really low.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jazzpha wrote:
    I noticed the other day that I've never gotten the card type as a reward that's the "Chance of (X)" for a given rank. As in, at 50-11 I've never gotten the potential Mythic, always a Rare. Makes me wonder what the actual percentage odds of getting the bump-up happen to be.

Has anyone here actually gotten lucky, or are the chances of that astronomically low enough to be negligible?

Thanks!

I have seen someone post goggles for their placement between 51 to 150.

I myself got a rare when i was supposed to get an uncommon but that was so long ago.

I have been able to place in the top 50 for the last 3 months in every qb event.. never a mythic instead of rare.

The chance of getting mythic is so low that it is safe to assume you would never get it. So i wouldnt count on it
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Never. I certainly haven't played every QB since the beginning but I've played a pretty good amount and been in the guaranteed rare range almost all of the time.
  • Rootbreaker
    Rootbreaker Posts: 396
    Options
    I think I've gotten a mythic upgrade once, and I've gotten a rare in almost every quick battle ever.
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I have, though that probably just means that the card was crushed into 1,000 runes instead of 200.

Plus, there are some cards I didn't realize were mythic until after the fact.

The odds of getting a Mythic instead of a rare are probably slim, but they're also probably non-zero.
  • rulerhumankind
    Options
    Never got an upgrade at any tier, I generally place in the rare category and have played since march. Still, a rare is pretty good, and the packs you get from QB can net good cards.
  • ToneLoki
    ToneLoki Posts: 4
    Options
    I got my Erebo's Titan as my card finishing in the 11 - 50 tier back in early June.
  • Jazzpha
    Jazzpha Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Cool, thanks for all the replies everyone. So the consensus seems to be: don't bet on it happening, but sometimes it does if you get really lucky.

Which is about what I figured.
  • Netatron
    Netatron Posts: 147
    Options
    Just got The Great Aurora from today's QB. Of course it had to be the mythic I wanted least.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Netatron wrote:
    Just got The Great Aurora from today's QB. Of course it had to be the mythic I wanted least.
    Not great but not Not totally useless mythic.
    Can b good for some pve encounters.
    Also in gold tier could come in handy if you do not play kiora as green deck.
    Even more useful if you have undergrowth champion.

I would have liked it as my mythic for QB this week much more than the 4th evolutionary leap.
  • Netatron
    Netatron Posts: 147
    Options
    Morphis wrote:
    Netatron wrote:
    Not great but not Not totally useless mythic.
    Can b good for some pve encounters.
    Also in gold tier could come in handy if you do not play kiora as green deck.
    Even more useful if you have undergrowth champion.

I would have liked it as my mythic for QB this week much more than the 4th evolutionary leap.

Oh, I didn't realize, it doesn't get rid of everything no matter what like Crush of Tentacles. Looks usable with UC in my Garruk deck, thanks!

4 of the same mythic is rough, I've only ever gotten 2 of several.

Edit: Looks like the next patch I won't be able to do that!
  • glggwp
    glggwp Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i got a duplicate mythic once