World braker is underpowered needs a buff

Options
Fitomagic
Fitomagic Posts: 25
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ Suggestions & Feedback
World braker is the most expensive card un green, more than gaias revenge

If you see the stats are very los and a high price

5/7 for 25 maña + destroy 1 gem and turn back to the Hand when you match 5 , you cant use this card in a deck

Dwynen cost 10 less, almost same stats and better ability

Gaua revenge 16/9 with hexproff is ridicouslos better

I proppsr a cost reduction to 13-15 or a 9/9 change and regenerarse 5 to justify the cost of 25

Comments

• Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes it is underpowered.
    Many mythics are, but this one is in the top 3 of worst mythics I think.

Based on the card itself simple cost reduction looks like the way to go.
    That would give much more sense to the return to hand skill.
    Think it should be 16 mana and 6/7.

6/7 is a good stat distribution:
    - 6 attack will oneshot most creature of same mana cost(non mythics mostly).
    - 7 health is out of range of exquisite firecraft and many creatures.
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Conclave Naturalists is 11 (4/4 destroys a support when it Enters the Battlefield)
    Mantle of Webs is 9 (give a creature +1/+3 and reach)

That's 20 mana right there. In addition, you have berserker, destroy 25 gems when it enters the battlefield, and when you match 5 gems, if it has been destroyed, it is returned to your hand.

Alternately, you have:

Dwyen, Gilt-Leaf Daen (5/6 with reach) at 14
    Reclaiming Vines (destroy a support) at 8

That's 22 mana for those 2 cards.

I'm not sure how to cost this thing. It's like 4 Magic cards stapled together. If they made it cost a lot less, it would be oppressive. Personally, I own one and wouldn't throw it in a PvP deck, but I might put it in story mode if there was a level with a lot of supports that needed to be destroyed.

It would also be a prime candidate for a card that could be cheated into play, for example, if a future Planeswalker is black-green and you could pitch this into the graveyard somehow to reanimate it.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    I play this card in my Nissa and Kiora decks (for Story mode and Events) paired with Greenwarden of Murasa. It's pretty fun, and the support destruction utility is super nice in these modes.
  • Fitomagic
    Fitomagic Posts: 25
    Options
    A mythic card should be better rhan a rare card and dwynen is much better you can play 2 for the cost of 1 world braker, berseler for a reach card is useless, criature to the Hand is useless, only destroy support is good, but dwynenn reinfroce +6/+6if you hace all slots with creatures

Realy think twixe if you are using this card instead of dwynen
  • UrbanNinja
    UrbanNinja Posts: 66
    Options
    My first thought when seeing this guy was "What kind of lame world can you break when you're 5/7?". There are a lot of bad mythics in here but this one is very close to the top of complete uselessness.

Something fun would be to change gems color around an opponent's support to provoke a landfall when he comes into play. Also returning directly to the battlefield would be a better indication that he means business. That would increase synergy with other cards and make up for the fact that a berserker / reach creature will probably die within 1 or 2 turn
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    EDHdad wrote:
    Conclave Naturalists is 11 (4/4 destroys a support when it Enters the Battlefield)

That's 20 mana right there. In addition, you have berserker, destroy 25 gems when it enters the battlefield, and when you match 5 gems, if it has been destroyed, it is returned to your hand.

Alternately, you have:

That's not how they make cards!!!

Crush of Tentacles =
    Displacement Wave at 14 mana
    2 2/3 Skysnare Spiders at 16 mana each
    = 56 mana.

I could go on, but I think the point is made.
  • Gun Bunny
    Gun Bunny Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    EDHdad wrote:

Alternately, you have:

That's not how they make cards!!!

Crush of Tentacles =
    Displacement Wave at 14 mana
    2 2/3 Skysnare Spiders at 16 mana each
    = 56 mana.

I could go on, but I think the point is made.
    His point was that you could get the same effect from two cards of lesser rarity than a mythic, AND be cheaper. By your example, world Breaker should cost somewhere around 16-18 (a statement I happen to agree with, btw). Alternatively, have it come back to your hand at reduced cost, instead of full?