Exert influence wombo combos

Options
Morphis
Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
This spell other than being totally insane give access to some interaction that you cannot do on your own.

Some examples here:

- steal a avaricious dragon. Next turn I draw, it triggers cascade, proc prism array, draw three more, get more gem destruction from dragon into new cascades lol.

- steal goblin dark dwellers, because of bug when I steal he procs the effect like I was the one playing it... And it gives me back the exert discounted by 6 mana icon_e_biggrin.gif

So What are your experiences?

Comments

• EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So far, my experience has been getting my creature stolen by an Exert Influence and wishing that there was some way to easily, affordably obtain specific single cards.
  • Morphis
    Options
    Oh I forgot the best one some weeks ago on pve event.

I steal a firebird

Boss kills it

I steal another firebird

Boss kills it

I match 4 red and both come back to life(lol they even went in my GY)

icon_lol.gif
  • Ekkias
    Ekkias Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    What EDHdad said. ****
  • Netatron
    Netatron Posts: 147
    Options
    If everyone could get all the cards they wanted, you'd be up against a sea of Kioras with Exert Influence/Drowner of Hope/Thopter Spy Network/Crush of Tentacles/Nissa's Renewal/Omnath/etc.

Is that the game you'd rather be playing?
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Netatron wrote:
    If everyone could get all the cards they wanted, you'd be up against a sea of Kioras with Exert Influence/Drowner of Hope/Thopter Spy Network/Crush of Tentacles/Nissa's Renewal/Omnath/etc.

Is that the game you'd rather be playing?

Sure, because then everyone would have a level playing field, and they could adjust power levels of planeswalkers/cards as necessary.
  • Moopie
    Moopie Posts: 8
    Options
    I think Hearthstone style crafting with runes might not be the best solution for this game, but I'm hoping that with the next set release they might consider letting us buy Origins packs with runes. I think that's a somewhat fair compromise, so the older cards become somewhat more obtainable while not completely removing RNG (which f2p games rely on).
  • zaann85
    zaann85 Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Using Expert Influence to have multiple copies of insane cards like Void Winnower, Undergrowth Champion, and Hangerback Walker!
  • Morphis
    Options
    zaann85 wrote:
    Using Expert Influence to have multiple copies of insane cards like Void Winnower, Undergrowth Champion, and Hangerback Walker!
    No longer works usually, it reinforces the creature.

Anyways while not sure about it I remember getting two distinct copies of something cause the first was permanently buffed.
  • Jazzpha
    Jazzpha Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My favorite thing to do with my Jace deck is use Exert Influence with Mirrorpool on the field. Rather than giving you the next spell in your hand for free, the creature-reinforcing aspect of Mirrorpool triggers first, reinforcing the creature you just stole for free, and then it attacks the next turn because summoning sickness wears off.
  • Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Did you just Crush of Tentacles? Thanks for the Octopi!