Crash of the Titans Cycle 3: Mr. Fantastic

jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
First time 1/0/2. Failure.
Second run 1/0/5. Success!
Now he's 5/0/5. Still no yellow 7 months later, but at least there's one in the Taco vault this time.

Previous Runs

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Reed is one of my few non-maxed fourstars - it's basically him, Cho and the new guys I don't have covers for. He's still level 188 though, and it was enough to take down Doom last time...
    (I missed the first round as my phone was on service then).
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    jojeda654, what level did you have him at? My Mr. F is 4/2/3 and I'm wondering just how much ISO I need to put into this turd without messing up my plans on maxing Iceman within 8 days.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine is 4/4/5. Really wish I had that fifth blue. Only L110 though and not particularly inclined to give him any ISO.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    jojeda654, what level did you have him at?

152. Here's the post where I share what I learn: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=41307&start=20#p498416

After re-reading it, it's pretty clear my strategy was designed to work best for my lopsided spec. Since I loaded a +100% Black/Green Damage boost, matching Green was better than matching other colors since it did more damage by taking advantage of the damage boosts and double dipping on Imaginaut. Letting Doom match blue will let him flood the board with black for you, but you should still try to manage the board so that when he does Tech Strike he doesn't cascade all the black of the board.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine is at level 187 and with 5 black covers this time; think that will be enough.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Mine is at level 187 and with 5 black covers this time; think that will be enough.
    Anything with less than 5 blue will have an awful time.
    This is the worst of the DDQs.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think blue is key too. the 3-turn stun of 5 blue really helps. you can't let him get blue and dry the board out or u probably don't win. actually unless you've put some iso into MFer all 3 abilities are losing propositions. purple will one-shot you and black won't take long to take you down.
  • Cousin Simpson
    With 4 blue and over 120 CP saved, I'm awfully tempted to give up my plans of finishing of Iceman! icon_lol.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do not, under any circumstances, trade Iceman progress for MrF covers.
  • Cousin Simpson

So if I understand you correctly, I should definitely max and champ Mr. F as quickly as possible. Will do, boss!
  • Cousin Simpson

So if I understand you correctly, I should definitely max and champ Mr. F as quickly as possible. Will do, boss!
    Definitely!

When you beat Doom with your 5/3/5 lv270 Mr F, the resulting LT will give you another Mr F cover to bring him to 271. And that resulting LT will bring you icon_hulkcho.pnghotdog.png!

W00t! Hopefully they're vegan dogs, because that'd bring him 4/1/4!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    My fantastic was 0/2/2 last time this came around, so I had no real shot.

But I have been "lucky" with rng, am up to 3/5/2, and want to give it a try.

Anyone have success in this fight with only a 1 turn stun?
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    I never tried this one in the previous cycles, and am wishing I didn't try on this one. My Failtastic is it level 149, 5/1/4. 10 tries and numerous boosts later, not a freaking chance. Be it ridiculously bad boards, cascades netting 10 purple in a turn, I'm done with this one.

I thought I might have had a chance with 5 blue, but the closest I got, Doom was only down to about 4000 hp before he got his purple off. The lack of any real offensive power for **** against a fairly decent and boosted character makes this easily the hardest, most obnoxious clash of the titans yet. There's only so much AP you can deny in one match when you are pretty much reduced to winning by match damage and the occasional stun.

Next time I'm in need of a roster space, this one's the first to go. Don't care if he ends up being essential later.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    5/3/5 level 120
    Cannot even come close
  • I must say, even though, Mr Fantastic you're the leader of fantastic 4 - you suck!

P.S. - 4/4/5 120 no luck so far.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very tough fight. Used up 10 health packs and innumerable boosts. Once Doom was down to 200 HP when he fired a Diabolical Plot. Finally managed to knock him out with only 150 health left. At that point I was using +50% blue/purple damage, +2 all AP and +2 blue/purple AP to get stunning sooner.
    Got icon_miles.pngpurpleflag.png from the token - another champion level for my newest champion.
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Managed it 3rd try with a level 90 5/3/5 Mr Fantastic. Boosted 2b/p, 2b/g and 2 all AP, got a blue heavy board including a match 4 straight away which let me stun him for 50% of the match and had a couple of decent cascades once I got his black out. Still barely scrapped through with less than 1000hp left.

Will be hoarding the token to avoid the inevitable trolled feeling icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    0 for 11 with my level 150 4/5/4 Mr. F. Once got Doom down to 1000 HP and had my black out, but he cascading enough pink on the previous turn to finish me.
  • 0 for 11 with my level 150 4/5/4 Mr. F. Once got Doom down to 1000 HP and had my black out, but he cascading enough pink on the previous turn to finish me.

Yeah, same here. No matter what I try to do, the game just keeps giving him purple casc-aids. Too much going on health pack wise (Heart of darkness and Blade PVP) so no more wasting hp on him. Will continue on trying when he auto heals.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Anything with less than 5 blue will have an awful time.
    This is the worst of the DDQs.
    Took my 3rd try, each of which was using almost full boosting. Only suggestion I can make besides be better leveled and covered is to hold on to Imaginaut until you know you have a chance to match those colors and not just be blocking Doom's colors.