***** Black Bolt (Inhuman King) *****

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited March 2017 in Character Details
Black Bolt (Inhuman King) icon_blackbolt.png
5 Star Rarity (Legendary) Wiki Link
At Max Level: HP: 48835 Tile Damage: 460/75/69/63/592/526/4.2x
    Quasi-Sonic Whisper - 10 greentile.png AP
    With even the softest word, Black Bolt unleashes destruction. Destroys the middle two rows dealing 1445 damage. If you have at least 5 AP in all colors, he lets out a scream, draining all friendly colored AP, destroying the board and dealing 3223 damage to the enemy team. Destroyed tiles do not deal damage or generate AP.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: A whisper deals 1711 damage to the target or a scream deals 3672 damage to the enemy team. Level 3: A whisper deals 1978 damage to the target or a scream deals 4121 damage to the enemy team. Level 4: A whisper deals 2511 damage to the target or a scream deals 5018 damage to the enemy team. Level 5: A whisper deals 3577 damage to the target or a scream deals 6813 damage to the enemy team.
    Max Level
      Level 3: A whisper deals 7947 damage to the target or a scream deals 16560 damage to the enemy team. Level 4: A whisper deals 10089 damage to the target or a scream deals 20167 damage to the enemy team. Level 5: A whisper deals 14371 damage to the target or a scream deals 27382 damage to the enemy team.

Energy Channeling - 0 blacktile.png AP
    (PASSIVE) Black Bolt uses his antenna to draw out the ambient energy surrounding him. Every turn, creates 1 Charged tile in the color most present on the board. If there are at least 4 Charged tiles on the board, deals 789 damage to the target and 218 damage to Black Bolt instead.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Creates 1 charged tile in the color most present on the board, if there are four deals 941 damage to target and 164 damage to Black Bolt. Level 3: Creates 2 Charged tiles. Level 4: If there are 4 or more charged tiles Deals 1069 damage to the target and 109 to Black Bolt. Level 5: If there are 4 or more charged tiles Deals 1322 damage to the target. No longer deals damage to Black Bolt.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Creates 2 charged tiles in the color most present on the board. If at least 4 charged tiles on the board, Deals 3782 damage to the target and 656 damage to Black Bolt instead. Level 4: If there are 4 or more charged tiles Deals 4296 damage to the target and 437 to Black Bolt. Level 5: If there are 4 or more charged tiles Deals 5312 damage to the target. No longer deals damage to Black Bolt.

The Silent King - 8 yellowtile.png AP
    Black Bolt’s noble stoicism and supreme wisdom motivate his subjects to work their hardest. If one does not exist, converts a random basic tile into a 3-turn Motivation tile targeting 1 other ally, increasing all their powers by 1 level (to a max of 5).
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Motivation tile lasts 4 turns. Level 3: Motivation tile lasts 6 turns. Level 4: Motivation tile targets all allies. Level 5: Motivation tile increases all powers by 2 levels (to a max of 5).
    Max Level
      Level 3: Motivation tile lasts 6 turns targeting 1 ally, increasing their powers by 1 level (to a max of 5). Level 4: Motivation tile lasts 6 turns and targets all allies. Level 5: Motivation tile lasts 6 turns and increases all powers by 2 levels (to a maximum of 5).

Comments

• BlackSheep101
      BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
      Would be pretty wild if he dealt damage for each tile destroyed.
    • hodayathink
      hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
      That last ability makes me think he's a 5 star. Not that I wasn't thinking that already, but it seems like such a 5 star power.
    • Wobby
      Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
      I'll say it because no one else is. Of course this is a 5*. We are just getting this shady nonsense instead of D3 setting off the alarms by releasing a 5* almost immediately after the last 5*
    • fnedude
      fnedude Posts: 374 Mover and Shaker
      I'd say he's a 5* also.

So can we get some feedback from D3 of what is going to happen with the 5* rewards with Cap+IM47?

Does Cap get bumped, or IM? Or both stay in the current token?

I definitely want to know....
    • Tromb2ch2
      Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
      So this with 4thor?
    • UncleSmed
      UncleSmed Posts: 75
      Gotta say that first ability makes me think Black Bolt will be 4*, making Spider Woman the 5* from the group.

The damage dealt from destroying the entire board at a 5* gem damage level would be insane
    • hodayathink
      hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
      UncleSmed wrote:
      Gotta say that first ability makes me think Black Bolt will be 4*, making Spider Woman the 5* from the group.

The damage dealt from destroying the entire board at a 5* gem damage level would be insane

It says it deals damage. It doesn't say that damage is dependent which gems are destroyed. There's a few powers out there that destroy gems but only do a set amount of damage, I think.
    • Banjo
      Banjo Posts: 59 Match Maker
      It's Black Bolt - he needs to be a 5*...
    • wymtime
      wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
      Tromb2ch2 wrote:
      So this with 4thor?
      OMG extra charge tiles and then Black Bolt will motivate her to do massive damage???? Great combo. Buffed Thorvand BB can take down some big teams
    • Polares
      Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
      Wow, just wow, all powers seem crazy good.

If he is a 5, and it really looks like he is, green destroing all the board will do around 20k damage! And that is without the extra damage of the power! This one might reach the 40k damage when all the AP is present. And this power is also great against tile creators like OML and PH.

The second power can be good too, creating charged tiles for free looks also good and if the damage it does is high (and it will probably be) it can also be a crazy passive. Now, if SS would also super charge himself when charged tiles where on the board ala 4hor... icon_e_sad.gif

Then, the last power team up with other 5s can be massive. Making already strong powers like GG black or IM red stronger can be nuts.

PS: Common! Say already if he is a 5!!!
    • Quebbster
      Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
      fnedude wrote:
      I'd say he's a 5* also.

So can we get some feedback from D3 of what is going to happen with the 5* rewards with Cap+IM47?

Does Cap get bumped, or IM? Or both stay in the current token?

I definitely want to know....
      Maybe Black Bolt and Spider-Woman are both 5* and the Civil War duo gets bumped together...
      I don't think it's likely, but it is a possibility at least. It's more likely they go to four fivestars in the Latest Legends tokens and adjust draw rates accordingly IMO.
    • Dayv
      Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
      Cthulhu wrote:
      let's
      Mods don't normally edit red-name posts, but that apostrophe had to go.
    • Dayv
      Cthulhu wrote:
        Damage/Special Tile - 8 AP - If one doesn’t exist, converts a random basic tile to a 3-turn motivation tile that targets one ally to increase all their power levels.
        I'm really curious to see what "power levels" means in this context. I usually read that as "number of covers", which would make this a really weird power in that it's better used on poorly covered, newly released characters than on your A-list ones.
      • GrumpySmurf1002
        GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
        DayvBang wrote:
        Cthulhu wrote:
          Damage/Special Tile - 8 AP - If one doesn’t exist, converts a random basic tile to a 3-turn motivation tile that targets one ally to increase all their power levels.
          I'm really curious to see what "power levels" means in this context. I usually read that as "number of covers", which would make this a really weird power in that it's better used on poorly covered, newly released characters than on your A-list ones.

It's not covers, it's levels. Allegedly.
        • TLCstormz
          TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
          PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have common sense and make him a FIVE STAR character. Please, you guys. Please.
        • Blahahah
          Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
          So if he motivates a 5*, do they turn into a 6*?
        • FierceKiwi
          FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
          It's not covers, it's levels. Allegedly.

People probably shouldn't read what they want to...it's a recipe for disappointment.

D3 has a history of using power levels to mean number of covers...you need only look back a few weeks.

From R105 Patch Notes:
          "David wrote:
          Moore"]Roster & Character Select screen: When viewing the character power level bar, selecting a power level reveals the description as if your character currently had that power level. *(See screenshot #1)
        • Dayv
          Questions about that yellow aside, this is potentially a great partner for Silver Surfer. Both are classic cosmic Marvel, and the only color they overlap in is black and Black Bolt's version is a passive that acts on charged tiles, so it has some synergy with SS's blue and red.

I know a lot of people don't consider SS to be a viable 5*, but it would be nice to see him have some solid synergy with someone.
        • pheregas
          pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
          Seems like the perfect character to take against Galactus icon_e_smile.gif
        • ErikPeter
          ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
          Maybe he's going to be a 6 star?