Can you unselect a PW for the NoP event?

Options
Konman
Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
edited July 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I was about to try the green node, when the selection screen popped up, I hit OK, thinking it would be my lvl 60 Nissa, not my lvl 1 Kiora. I just bought Kiora and haven't even built a deck yet, but now it appears I am stuck. Pretty well screwed for this event it seems.

Comments

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,229 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It doesn't look like it. I selected my Sarkhan for the black shard, and he's level 30. I thought he'd be paired with similar level planeswalkers, but after facing a level 40 and squeaking out a win, I wanted to change him to my higher Ob Nix. No luck..it wouldn't even list my other black planeswalkers.

Both subsequent matches were against level 40s, by the way. I'm wondering if that's the minimum you face?
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    madwren wrote:
    Both subsequent matches were against level 40s, by the way. I'm wondering if that's the minimum you face?

It seems that it tries to pair you with planeswalkers 10+ levels above you. Good thing my squad is all 60's icon_cool.gif
  • Sinslayer5
    Sinslayer5 Posts: 45
    Options
    majincob wrote:
    madwren wrote:

It seems that it tries to pair you with planeswalkers 10+ levels above you. Good thing my squad is all 60's icon_cool.gif
    Playing 8-12 levels above does seem to be the standard. It promotes more of a challenge, though that hampers how fast you can earn rewards...
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,229 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, but that's sort of punitive to the guys at the lowest level. The power gap lessens the higher you get. It doesn't really matter if a level 55 is facing a level 60, but a 15 facing a 25 can be in quite a hole.
  • alextfish
    alextfish Posts: 192
    Options
    Why does having one planeswalker slot out of action screw you over? Can't you just cycle round playing the other four? I can't imagine how quickly you'd have to be playing (and how much time you'd have to be dedicating) to run out of matches from the other four faster than they refill.
  • Barrelrolla
    Barrelrolla Posts: 289
    Options
    alextfish wrote:
    Why does having one planeswalker slot out of action screw you over? Can't you just cycle round playing the other four? I can't imagine how quickly you'd have to be playing (and how much time you'd have to be dedicating) to run out of matches from the other four faster than they refill.
    Well, you have 3 games per planeswalker and then you have to wait 4 hours for another game. That's not a lot of games actually. From the moment I started (I didn't know it will work this way and I wasted a good 5-6 hours) I used all my games and I played less than when I want a good position in QB.