Introduction to Color Mastery and PVP (7/22/16)

Options
2»

Comments

• speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What's with all the negativity? I'm excited about the new features and most of all, I want to play with it before I'm gonna judge it. Maybe it's cool, maybe it's not, but we don't know that. Instead we should be happy that there is so much new content in such a short time. That's not a given, especially for a game, where you don't have to invest real money, if you don't want to.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What's with all the negativity? I'm excited about the new features and most of all, I want to play with it before I'm gonna judge it. Maybe it's cool, maybe it's not, but we don't know that. Instead we should be happy that there is so much new content in such a short time. That's not a given, especially for a game, where you don't have to invest real money, if you don't want to.
    I am critic most of the time cause I like this game a lot and would like it to get the even better.
    I care.
    The new content is the pvp event. That is great.
    The mastery system is not properly "new" content but more an attempt to rebalance matches between people and to give more reason to play different stuff. An attempt at longevity increase with current stuff and to discover unused stuff.

Those are good goals but i do not like the way they chose to do it.

The balance could have been done with other meters. The most used in most games is some sort of ranking system based on your performance history.

Incentive to use different cards also could have been done in other ways...
    I do not know, event with different rules for building?(different creature/support/spell number allowed, creature stats constraints, buffs to some kind of cards... Almost limitless choices).

That said I love the fact they are introducing new stuff and also rebalancing old stuff.
    This happened last big patch with event release and all card rebalance(that, bar some few cases, was incredibly well done).

The trend keeps going.
    It's only that this time around could have been done differently icon_e_wink.gif
  • paralistalon
    paralistalon Posts: 153
    Options
    This is a neat idea. With any change, I like to think of how I can exploit it. I can probably make a PvP deck with quite a few rares and mythics that would stay under the 100 point threshold for silver, and as long as I never swapped out cards, I would always face the easiest decks for optimal rune gain and event placing.

Hey, it's a better system than marvel pq... I can imagine getting punished for winning a lot by placing you against 2000 HP Kozileks for the same rewards that the newbies get for beating 100 HP Kozileks.
  • Barrelrolla
    Barrelrolla Posts: 289
    Options
    This is a neat idea. With any change, I like to think of how I can exploit it. I can probably make a PvP deck with quite a few rares and mythics that would stay under the 100 point threshold for silver, and as long as I never swapped out cards, I would always face the easiest decks for optimal rune gain and event placing.

Hey, it's a better system than marvel pq... I can imagine getting punished for winning a lot by placing you against 2000 HP Kozileks for the same rewards that the newbies get for beating 100 HP Kozileks.

You can probably do that, but the prices at higher tiers will be higher. The question is, are they high enough for it to be worth it to not do that?
    And better yet, if you've started the game recently and master your cards and become silver without having any Mythics and none/few Rares will you be able to get anything at all? Or you would've been better if you stayed in Bronze and you screwed yourself.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The fact the current pvp event forces the use of different decks is a great thing.

I do not understand how each color works in terms of completion.

It states "reach the top before the event ends to get better rewards".

What is the goal/benefit of getting all node colors "completed"?
    Since we use different colors is the ladder determined by the sum of all victories?
    After all color nodes are completed you can use whichever pwalker you want to increase the rank or is it forced on some specific one, like last one?(hope not).

I know that soon enough we should be able to find out ourselves... But for family matters I doubt I will be able to play these few days.
    At least I will be prepared for next one.
  • fox1342
    fox1342 Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mastery is going to be a tedious grind. 2 heroic's per common, plus waiting forever for all the card mastered animations to complete.
    The only slight bonus is the motivation to complete the colour challenge crystals... some tough fights with D rank cards though.

And even more tedious if it keeps crashing every other battle. Very unstable again after the update. How surprising. icon_cry.gif
  • fox1342
    fox1342 Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Can you earn mastery from a mix of sources?

If I play 4 heroics and 10 QB does that equal a Rare mastery? Or do I have to sit through all 20 QBs even though I've already done some story encounters?

EDIT - YES! It does take a mix of sources. Hooray. Let's hope the obvious thing of the same card in several decks also applies, but I'm sure it will.
  • PapiLouis4
    PapiLouis4 Posts: 113
    Options
    fox1342 wrote:
    Can you earn mastery from a mix of sources?

If I play 4 heroics and 10 QB does that equal a Rare mastery? Or do I have to sit through all 20 QBs even though I've already done some story encounters?

EDIT - YES! It does take a mix of sources. Hooray. Let's hope the obvious thing of the same card in several decks also applies, but I'm sure it will.

yes, once u finish a match the card gains xp, and it keeps that xp until mastered. you can see the amount of xp u have if you go to your "inventory" and click on said card