**** Miles Morales (Spider-Man) ****

123457

Comments

  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,639 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blahahah wrote:


    Yes, but 2 casts of purple costs 14 and still only gives 5 web tiles. 2 casts of yellow gives 8.

    Yeah I already pointed out that, yellow can be double casted. But to double cast you would need 12 yellow AP, and then 14 purple AP to fire the purple damage ability with all the web tiles, so it is A LOT of AP just to kill one guy. Then you need to get 14 purple AP again if you want to fire it again. So I don't think even in that case this is OP at all. And regarding the extra AP, as I said before, you just get 1AP of each color for every match, so it is not that fast, even when the board is full of web tiles. In the best scenario it is just as fast as Hood, and Hood is better because he steals the AP from the enemy, so it would be worse than a 3* ability, and this is a 4* ability, so it should be better.

    I don't know If somebody has pointed it out, but there is also a bug with the invis tile. Sometimes it tries to put the invis tile in a newly created purple web tile, and then it fails and you don't become invisible :S :S :S
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,639 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blahahah wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:

    Assuming that the web tiles aren't both on one color, perhaps, but at 6AP for yellow the ability doubles your AP totals and redistributes it. Cyclops can have his matched away and it only affects one color for I believe it was 4ap and only what is labeled your "strongest color" and IMHB accelerates his own red but at the cost of a haughty 11 black. Even IM40, considered one of the best battery characters available, will give you the same amount of colors (swapping green for more purple) after 2 turns per tile with there being the risk of your CD tiles being matched, and he doesn't have the utility of being invisible or reaping extra damage from doing it.

    Not to mention firing this off right before surprise tacks on another 2300 or so damage on top of the 5000, and it allows him to accelerate blue, a color which, barring ice man, isn't a color that can be brought about very quickly. The issue is you guys are making the assumption that the tiles will simply be matched around, which yes is possible, but that can be said of almost anything. It's not meant to be bursty AP gain, but making it only 6 yellow wouldn't just make him absurd as a battery and burst character, it would also make Gwen an issue. 6 yellow AP for a 4 AP discount on her 9k burst red, bringing it down to 8? Also with every match, if matches are made, it doesn't force her to slow down any.

    I'm not saying it wouldn't be preferred, but I doubt 8AP is an arbitrary number in this instance. After quality testing, I don't doubt they found 6AP to simply be too small of a cost for the effect it gives.

    One purple cast for 6 AP, puts 5 web tiles and makes him invisible, one yellow for 8AP puts just 4 web tiles. Yes yellow can be double casted, and purple can't. But just one purple and Gwen red costs 7 red AP, which I think invalidates completely what you were saying about Gwen and yellow at 6 AP :P And if you want the self acceleration you need to match the tiles, so the effect of purple is less strong, etc, etc. So it is balanced because if you want one effect you can't have the other one.

    I think yellow is overpriced, not because the self acceleration (I am telling you, he is not that fast, any match just gives you 1 AP in each of the colors), but because of purple damage. Maybe they should raise the base lower the damage x tile, and make yellow cheaper.


    Yes, but 2 casts of purple costs 14 and still only gives 5 web tiles. 2 casts of yellow gives 8.

    Yeah I already pointed out that, yellow can be double casted. But to double cast you would need 12 yellow AP, and then 14 purple AP to fire the purple damage ability with all the web tiles, so it is A LOT of AP just to kill one guy. Then you need to get 14 purple AP again if you want to fire it again. So I don't think even in that case this is OP at all. And regarding the extra AP, as I said before, you just get 1AP of each color for every match, so it is not that fast, even when the board is full of web tiles. In the best scenario it is just as fast as Hood, and Hood is better because he steals the AP from the enemy, so it would be worse than a 3* ability, and this is a 4* ability, so it should be better.

    I don't know If somebody has pointed it out, but there is also a bug with the invis tile. Sometimes it tries to put the invis tile in a newly created purple web tile, and then it fails and you don't become invisible :S :S :S
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice quintuple post. The invis tile bug was supposedly fixed by yesterday's daily patch.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Just to show me who was boss, he didn't just double cast his post, he cast it 5 times.
    Must've been saving up that AP.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blahahah wrote:
    Just to show me who was boss, he didn't just double cast his post, he cast it 5 times.
    Must've been saving up that AP.

    It is A LOT of POSTS just to chat with one guy.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,639 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    Just to show me who was boss, he didn't just double cast his post, he cast it 5 times.
    Must've been saving up that AP.
    icon_lol.gif to be fair, I think there was a problem with the forum a few hours ago.. maybe.. icon_lol.gif


    ARGH, ARGH and ARGH, and I thought none of them were posted ... icon_e_sad.gif

    And to make things even worse I can't delete them icon_e_sad.gif
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    OJSP wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    Just to show me who was boss, he didn't just double cast his post, he cast it 5 times.
    Must've been saving up that AP.
    icon_lol.gif to be fair, I think there was a problem with the forum a few hours ago.. maybe.. icon_lol.gif


    ARGH, ARGH and ARGH, and I thought none of them were posted ... icon_e_sad.gif

    And to make things even worse I can't delete them icon_e_sad.gif

    Maybe one of the mods could remove them if you ask them.

    In the meantime, I will be taking screenshots... icon_twisted.gif
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    so the lord of RNG has blessed me with 3 Miles covers for my already 5/3/5 lvl 170. I could champ him in maybe a week if I pushed and/or sold another 2*, but is it worth it?

    I've found him pretty good when buffed (love a good Venom Blast) but I already have a red/purple user champed in XFDP and it's a lot of ISO when Jean is sat at 4/2/5 and RHulk at 2/5/4...

    Anyone champed him and found good or bad?
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    bobbyfish wrote:
    so the lord of RNG has blessed me with 3 Miles covers for my already 5/3/5 lvl 170. I could champ him in maybe a week if I pushed and/or sold another 2*, but is it worth it?

    I've found him pretty good when buffed (love a good Venom Blast) but I already have a red/purple user champed in XFDP and it's a lot of ISO when Jean is sat at 4/2/5 and RHulk at 2/5/4...

    Anyone champed him and found good or bad?

    I have champed him. miles really benefit from respec as there are various builds you can use him. If you are pairing him up with Gwen, then he should be 5-5-3. If you are using him with a blue user, 5 yellow may be good. If not, he could be 5-3-5.

    If you compare him to JG, or rulk he is clearly one notch below them. That said, you can't champ the two of them now... I might champ miles for the sole purpose of getting the champ rewards. That is the most impt thing actually... Don't waste the dup covers.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    atomzed wrote:
    bobbyfish wrote:
    so the lord of RNG has blessed me with 3 Miles covers for my already 5/3/5 lvl 170. I could champ him in maybe a week if I pushed and/or sold another 2*, but is it worth it?

    I've found him pretty good when buffed (love a good Venom Blast) but I already have a red/purple user champed in XFDP and it's a lot of ISO when Jean is sat at 4/2/5 and RHulk at 2/5/4...

    Anyone champed him and found good or bad?

    I have champed him. miles really benefit from respec as there are various builds you can use him. If you are pairing him up with Gwen, then he should be 5-5-3. If you are using him with a blue user, 5 yellow may be good. If not, he could be 5-3-5.

    If you compare him to JG, or rulk he is clearly one notch below them. That said, you can't champ the two of them now... I might champ miles for the sole purpose of getting the champ rewards. That is the most impt thing actually... Don't waste the dup covers.

    Except he might not have the iso in time later to champ those two when they are ready. I would not champ useless 4 stars due to the iso needed to champ them. And any 4 star not scary when boosted is not worth champing. You are better off championing 3 stars than bad 4 stars.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    bobbyfish wrote:
    so the lord of RNG has blessed me with 3 Miles covers for my already 5/3/5 lvl 170. I could champ him in maybe a week if I pushed and/or sold another 2*, but is it worth it?

    I've found him pretty good when buffed (love a good Venom Blast) but I already have a red/purple user champed in XFDP and it's a lot of ISO when Jean is sat at 4/2/5 and RHulk at 2/5/4...

    Anyone champed him and found good or bad?

    I have champed him. miles really benefit from respec as there are various builds you can use him. If you are pairing him up with Gwen, then he should be 5-5-3. If you are using him with a blue user, 5 yellow may be good. If not, he could be 5-3-5.

    If you compare him to JG, or rulk he is clearly one notch below them. That said, you can't champ the two of them now... I might champ miles for the sole purpose of getting the champ rewards. That is the most impt thing actually... Don't waste the dup covers.

    Except he might not have the iso in time later to champ those two when they are ready. I would not champ useless 4 stars due to the iso needed to champ them. And any 4 star not scary when boosted is not worth champing. You are better off championing 3 stars than bad 4 stars.

    I agree that JG and rulk are so much better than miles.

    But when will he draw that final cover for them? It can be days or months away. With so much uncertainty I think it may be more worthwhile to champ a character.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    My rulk has been at 11 or 12 covers since February. It can take quite a while to get the right two 4* covers. You'll do better while you wait if you have other champions to lean on.

    My first 4* champs, in order, were Nick Fury, Ant Man, XFDP, Thor, X-23. I just finished covering HB and Iceman, and am maxing them out now. If I hadn't champed the others, I would have the iso right now for 2 top tier 4*s, but I would not have done nearly as well over the past few months in both PVP and PVE. I'll champ HB in under a week, and Iceman in less than a month.

    Character rankings assume you have your pick of all characters. In reality, you max out characters 1 or 2 at a time. They also assume characters on an even footing, but most boosted 4*s have a distinct advantage over their unboosted brethren.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    My rulk has been at 11 or 12 covers since February. It can take quite a while to get the right two 4* covers. You'll do better while you wait if you have other champions to lean on.

    My first 4* champs, in order, were Nick Fury, Ant Man, XFDP, Thor, X-23. I just finished covering HB and Iceman, and am maxing them out now. If I hadn't champed the others, I would have the iso right now for 2 top tier 4*s, but I would not have done nearly as well over the past few months in both PVP and PVE. I'll champ HB in under a week, and Iceman in less than a month.

    Character rankings assume you have your pick of all characters. In reality, you max out characters 1 or 2 at a time. They also assume characters on an even footing, but most boosted 4*s have a distinct advantage over their unboosted brethren.

    I believe in taking the long game approach. I am one of those crazy people that waited until his taco vault had 300 tokens before pulling. I think it is always worth saving the iso for the future for better characters. I will never level up some **** 3 stars just to get champion rewards. The iso cost isn't worth it. Same with 4 stars. Miles will be boosted once every two months probably. When he isn't boosted, a boosted 3 star will be better than him. He provides no deterrent power in PvP. He isn't strong enough to carry you in PvE. A character only useful when boosted is not worth iso investment. As a player firmly in 4 star world, with something like 8 championed 4 stars, I can say I would never skip even a boosted Miles in PvP. I would be more likely to attack a boosted Miles than an unboosted Jean Grey.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    My rulk has been at 11 or 12 covers since February. It can take quite a while to get the right two 4* covers. You'll do better while you wait if you have other champions to lean on.

    My first 4* champs, in order, were Nick Fury, Ant Man, XFDP, Thor, X-23. I just finished covering HB and Iceman, and am maxing them out now. If I hadn't champed the others, I would have the iso right now for 2 top tier 4*s, but I would not have done nearly as well over the past few months in both PVP and PVE. I'll champ HB in under a week, and Iceman in less than a month.

    Character rankings assume you have your pick of all characters. In reality, you max out characters 1 or 2 at a time. They also assume characters on an even footing, but most boosted 4*s have a distinct advantage over their unboosted brethren.

    I believe in taking the long game approach. I am one of those crazy people that waited until his taco vault had 300 tokens before pulling. I think it is always worth saving the iso for the future for better characters. I will never level up some **** 3 stars just to get champion rewards. The iso cost isn't worth it. Same with 4 stars. Miles will be boosted once every two months probably. When he isn't boosted, a boosted 3 star will be better than him. He provides no deterrent power in PvP. He isn't strong enough to carry you in PvE. A character only useful when boosted is not worth iso investment. As a player firmly in 4 star world, with something like 8 championed 4 stars, I can say I would never skip even a boosted Miles in PvP. I would be more likely to attack a boosted Miles than an unboosted Jean Grey.
    I believe in taking the long approach too, but for me that means getting as many champs as I can on my roster. I quite like the champion rewards and it feels like I get a snowball effect going by rarely having to sell a fourstar cover. Every other level nets you some CP, so I can get even more legendary tokens...
    That said, my Miles is still low level and he's in no way a priority to level. As you point out, he seems like a liability in PvP and not that exciting in PvE.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    My rulk has been at 11 or 12 covers since February. It can take quite a while to get the right two 4* covers. You'll do better while you wait if you have other champions to lean on.

    My first 4* champs, in order, were Nick Fury, Ant Man, XFDP, Thor, X-23. I just finished covering HB and Iceman, and am maxing them out now. If I hadn't champed the others, I would have the iso right now for 2 top tier 4*s, but I would not have done nearly as well over the past few months in both PVP and PVE. I'll champ HB in under a week, and Iceman in less than a month.

    Character rankings assume you have your pick of all characters. In reality, you max out characters 1 or 2 at a time. They also assume characters on an even footing, but most boosted 4*s have a distinct advantage over their unboosted brethren.

    I believe in taking the long game approach. I am one of those crazy people that waited until his taco vault had 300 tokens before pulling. I think it is always worth saving the iso for the future for better characters. I will never level up some **** 3 stars just to get champion rewards. The iso cost isn't worth it. Same with 4 stars. Miles will be boosted once every two months probably. When he isn't boosted, a boosted 3 star will be better than him. He provides no deterrent power in PvP. He isn't strong enough to carry you in PvE. A character only useful when boosted is not worth iso investment. As a player firmly in 4 star world, with something like 8 championed 4 stars, I can say I would never skip even a boosted Miles in PvP. I would be more likely to attack a boosted Miles than an unboosted Jean Grey.

    Really? I Don't fear Jean grey at all. She's too slow and never fires an ability against me. Miles however is cheap and annoying paired with Gwen they're a down evil couple 6ap to do 12k ? No thanks. And if you include switch as well? Welcome to the new stun lock
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    nomutant wrote:

    I believe in taking the long game approach. I am one of those crazy people that waited until his taco vault had 300 tokens before pulling. I think it is always worth saving the iso for the future for better characters. I will never level up some **** 3 stars just to get champion rewards. The iso cost isn't worth it. Same with 4 stars. Miles will be boosted once every two months probably. When he isn't boosted, a boosted 3 star will be better than him. He provides no deterrent power in PvP. He isn't strong enough to carry you in PvE. A character only useful when boosted is not worth iso investment. As a player firmly in 4 star world, with something like 8 championed 4 stars, I can say I would never skip even a boosted Miles in PvP. I would be more likely to attack a boosted Miles than an unboosted Jean Grey.

    Really? I Don't fear Jean grey at all. She's too slow and never fires an ability against me. Miles however is cheap and annoying paired with Gwen they're a down evil couple 6ap to do 12k ? No thanks. And if you include switch as well? Welcome to the new stun lock

    @Nomutant, I do take your point that JG is much better than miles... But it surely must be an exaggeration to say that you hit a un boosted JG over a boosted champ miles?

    Like onelastgambit, I think that miles is a spam character. All his power are cheap, and when he is paired with oml, he will trigger oml passive quite often. His purple is also irritating, especially if the invisible tile is stuck at a corner.

    In the end, I guess it is about what the individual value. Do you

    1) hoard iso, and wait for the last cover for the top tier character (which may take months); but that will give you sufficient iso to instamax the top tier character immediately.

    2) champ the mid tier 4* that you have, and while it may not be the top tier character, you are still reaping the benefits of free respec and able to utilise the dup covers. But this comes at the expense that you cannot instamax a top tier character immediately.

    Both choice have its merit and downsides. I Guess it is up to individual difference.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    Thanks for all the input on this, I think I'll see where I am at the end of the week when the first cover expires. I pulled purple Jean from the eots vault so now she's 4/2/5, if I can pull the blue in the vault this week as well she's much closer and more tempting. Otherwise, I think miles gets it. As people have said, the rewards are good and I might not get the Jean cover for another month, by which point I'll have the ISO to champ her
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled a red cover for my already 5/4/4 Miles (level 95). My question is if I should apply that red cover to double the damage of Venom Blast, or if selling the cover for 1000 ISO is more valuable? FYI Miles is nowhere near a priority in champing (and I'm hoarding ISO right now to max Iceman).
  • Mitchjewitz
    Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
    If he isn't near the top of the priority list for championing, is he near the top to be used? The way I see 4*s is that I won't likely use them unless they are champed. For this reason, I would sell the cover for iso instead of investing it in the character. By investing it, you have used 14 covers of a char that you won't likely use for awhile. To me it is a waste. When you eventually champ him, you can respec him however you want an unlimited amount of times which doesn't waste anything.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd probably go with a 4/4/5 build instead. Surprise at level 5 does deal more base damage than Venom Blast, but since you need 15 AP to cast it it's not going to be used as much.
    However, this is for playing Miles on his own. If you plan to play him with Spider-Gwen you will probably use her red and would benefit more from a 5/4/4 build to maximize his Web output.