Best use of CP

Options
dlamp
dlamp Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
edited July 2016 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Alright, so I'm just embarking on the 3-4* transition (13 3* champs) and have been saving up my CP for a bit since I don't have any 3* worth spending on. My question is: is it better to save up to 120 cp to level up a 4* power, or use them to pull leg token pulls?

If it helps, here are my best 4*:
Cyclops (4/0/1)
Hulkbuster (3/4/0)
Iceman (2/1/3)
Jean (2/1/2)

Thanks!

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tokens tokens tokens. there is one specific situation where I think a direct cover buy might make sense, but other than that its tokens.

that situation is if you don't have an elite pair of 4s and you have 1 top tier at 12 covers and have the iso ready to champ them, it will help a ton in pvp. I'd also consider if you had 1 maxed 4 and an ideal partner at 12 covers and had the iso ready. that type of situation is the ONLY time I'd consider spending 6 LT pulls on upgrading one ability. you're not close on any of them and can use any cover that comes along. but slots are also an issue. I always justified spending money on slots so that wasn't an issue for me, but might be a consideration for you. still, unless its going to help you start hitting 1K or 1300 consistently, I wouldn't do it.
  • WalrusBrigade
    WalrusBrigade Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    I feel like I am slightly farther along but in a similar track (~20 champed 3* and 2 champed 4*) and I concur with this advice. It turns out that I used 120 CP on each of my champed 4*, but that was because I had a wrong-color cover in the queue and could get the iso to champ them. It is tempting to wait until 120 CP because you know what you are going to get, but I think it is better to get covers at this point and when you get close on something that is high-tier then maybe you think about it again. For reference I used 120 CP to get the 13th cover of XFW and HB meanwhile my 10 cover Elektra and 9 cover Ant-man are just going to have to hope for RNG luck before I think about spending CP/ISO on them.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I usually wait until I get 12 covers for a 4-star, and then save up the CP for #13. Once they have 13 covers, use all of the ISO to level up and Champion them. I saved up for Hulkbuster and Jean Grey, and they're both currently championed (X-Force Wolverine and icon_cry.gif Invisible Woman are the others that I have championed, but they were maxed out before Championing took place.) I'm currently doing this for Elektra; I've got 76 CP saved up, so two more events and I'll have enough for her final cover.

I've pulled 17 covers for Nick Fury...but unfortunately 12 of them have been blue. icon_mad.gif

Edit - As if to taunt me, my latest 4-star pull from a Heroic token was another Invisible Woman. She's at LVL 276 now.