**** Wasp (Janet Van Dyne) ****

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    I'm not sure I see the benefit of flipping my own tiles tiles unless i can maybe get thing's passive out and then flip them. i don't want to flip most tiles i put out there like hb strikes or nova or GR or antman. maybe it'd be nice to flip falcap protects. guess I'm not seeing a large benefit of the function or a strategy in which it becomes valuable.

edit: maybe the value is in the strengthening once we see the numbers.
    I could definitely see the advantage of using it with OML. Using his strikes to give protection long enough for him to heal up sounds very useful to me.

Sounds slow to me. Why not just kill the other team with those strikes and heal up after the match (or during the beginning of the next match)?

This is not a game that rewards turning offense into defense or extending matches.
    except that flipping the strikes is an active ability which would trigger OML's red and give those strikes right back to you
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    I'm not sure I see the benefit of flipping my own tiles tiles unless i can maybe get thing's passive out and then flip them. i don't want to flip most tiles i put out there like hb strikes or nova or GR or antman. maybe it'd be nice to flip falcap protects. guess I'm not seeing a large benefit of the function or a strategy in which it becomes valuable.

edit: maybe the value is in the strengthening once we see the numbers.
    I could definitely see the advantage of using it with OML. Using his strikes to give protection long enough for him to heal up sounds very useful to me.

Sounds slow to me. Why not just kill the other team with those strikes and heal up after the match (or during the beginning of the next match)?

This is not a game that rewards turning offense into defense or extending matches.
    except that flipping the strikes is an active ability which would trigger OML's red and give those strikes right back to you

Sure, but so would casting another cheap yellow power like Nova's. And one would give extra strike tiles AND do direct damage. It's not that the strategy is bad or won't work. It's just that I think intentionally slowing a game down is the wrong tactic in this game.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    So whatever it does, the tile type it converts has gotta be the same as the tile it creates with black. I'd hope for turning Protects into (stronger) Strike/Attack tiles, as an interesting "make these guys scarier" power. Yellow usually creates protects, though (and thanks to Storm/etc turning Attacks into Protects would be crazy), so I'm thinking it'd turn Strikes into Protects--as long as Black deals additional damage based on number of Protects and not some flat amount, he'd be good and make FalCap's red a lot better... but... you'd need a strike generator... ack.

More speculation required!

So there's a weird Attack Tile meta strategy that hardly exists. Ghost Rider and this guy would have decent color coverage with overlapping black based on the situation. No active Blue, but you want that so black can work as a stun. What if his black makes an attack tile, and his yellow turns all attack tiles into strikes? That'd be bonkers good since so many attack tiles are pretty strong. But none of the Attack Tile generators are top 5; this could be fun as hell if nothing else, and maybe get people to consider new combos.

So whatever it ends up being, if it "speeds up slow characters", it'd be cool, and if it's attack/strike tiles, I'm for it. Turnover is due for a comeback in the meta (over simple AP acceleration and AoE which dominates); AP hoarding to steal all of an enemy's AP, then nova them to kingdom come? Sign me up. A 4-star Hood, with more reliable defense AP gain? Sign me up!
  • MonoElm
    MonoElm Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    I'm calling All-New X-men Angel on this one.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    The blue made me think of both Falcon and Blade, so I will suggest the new vampire bird hybrid Falcon, Joaquin Torres.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Joaquin_Torres_(Earth-616)
  • Getting a Gambit vibe from this, either that or one of those no-name scrubs from the poll.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    The hint on this one was "Take wing..." right?
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    This character is definitely going to be some kind of pest to deal with.
    Cockroach Hamilton confirmed!!! icon_e_smile.gificon_e_smile.gifFINALLY!!!

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/cockroach-hamilton/4005-35948/

[img]http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/7/7b/Dontrell_Hamilton_(Earth-616).jpg[/img So is this confirmed, is this the new 4 star?[/img]
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    We know it won't be any X-men or Mutant hero or villain.
    Guessing Wasp on this one. Doesn't she have a new comic or something coming?
  • ErikPeter
    That's a good guess. Situational stun seems right up her alley. I'm interested in the thematic tie for "enough blue, you get to stun", whatever it is. With 3-Falcon it's kind of recon or infiltration, i.e. once Redwing "gets up in the enemy's face" you can start removing their specials. Blue is one of those colors that isn't prevalent in the 4-5 tiers of the game so hoarding isn't a big deal.
  • Avarice13
    Avarice13 Posts: 38
    Wasp probably.

Or if we're very lucky, Angel/Archangel
  • cvtstoneman25
    cvtstoneman25 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    The hint on this one was "Take wing..." right?

Yeah. Between the hint and the "taking" of special tiles and AP, I would throw The Vulture out there as my guess. We're about due for another villain.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am really hoping the yellow power is defense to offense and not the other way around. Regardless unless yellow does something more then convert special tiles I see 3,5,5 as the way to go. Free AP steal, 7 AP for damage and special tiles sounds a lot better than conversion. Also if black gives protect tiles and yellow converts to attack or strike I would rather have a higher starting damage and higher starting point then lower damage and a lower buff.
    If yellow goes to protect tiles it will probably be the least used ability in the game. Hopefully this power will have a little more than the teaser right now
  • teef1
    teef1 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Wasp confirmed as the new character via the Marvel Games Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/MarvelGames/status/ ... 6112994304

Edit: Also, re-release of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1&2! Oh man!
    Edit 2: Now, there's an article up on Marvel.com. http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2650 ... zzle_quest
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Wasp it is!

https://www.facebook.com/MarvelPuzzleQuest/?fref=nf

Wasp, Black Bolt and no surprise here another variant which we don't need, Spider Woman.
  • Mitchjewitz
    Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Wasp is gonna be cool! I don't know much about black bolt but I know he is an inhuman and super sonic vocal cords or something like that. As for spider woman I also don't much about her but I hope she has at least 2 different colors than spidergwen and miles. Namely black.
  • MonoElm
    MonoElm Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    That Spider-woman isn't a variant of somebody already released. That's Jessica Drew a completely different character with a much different power set than most of the spider characters.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Yellow blue black is a color combination in sore demand since the only other one is Mr. Fantastic.

I see her working exceptionally well with X-23 and Peggy Carter personally.
    Not only is it a completely perfect rainbow combination with no overlap, but it works wonders as a stopper for attacks. No one wants to deal with Peggy and Wasp's slowdown coupled with X-23's insane healing. Plus Peggy's blue plus Wasp's black means a nice big juicy team stun for the enemy.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any shield producer is going to work really well with her. Flaptain shields turned to strike tiles? Coool. Thing shields? Also very nice. And 5 Cap is now starting to look much better if paired with her (well, if she is team cap).
  • ErikPeter
    Let's hope they remember to give her an affiliation.

Protects into Strikes is really cool, vice versa is eh but utility. Annoyingly she is more reliant on other characters to make specials-i.e. protects. Sam Wilson Falcon is an obvious nice pairing. Otherwise save up 16 yellow with Mags or FalCap. Alternatively, you can have fun with upgrading strikes to stronger protects and then back again. 3 star Bullseye shenanigans just became even more convoluted and silly.