Well i made 2 eldrazi decks

Options
ShawnP1
ShawnP1 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
I made a Jace and a Liliana deck, so far Jace is a lot better but that might be because he is max leveled where as Lily is not. Liliana's is much funner sacrificing spawn and using smothering abomination to wreck face. I'm thinking of saving up just to get Sarkhan and make a red and black eldrazi deck.

Comments

• KroNoS
    KroNoS Posts: 38
    Options
    why didnt you include any decklists?

your black decklist,
    your blue decklist,
    your ideal sarkhan decklist?
  • ShawnP1
    ShawnP1 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Well that was a while ago, now I have a Liliana vampire lifegain and a Jace mana drain tokens deck. But I did make a green eldrazi deck for fun that basically revolves around Worldbreaker and scions, but its late and I'm tired so I might post the deck tomorrow, its not nearly as efficient as my Jace deck was.
  • Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Speaking of Eldrazi, I made one for my Level 20 Sarkhan. I don't have a lot of the best red cards, so it can be upgraded considerably.

Creatures:
    Catacomb Sifter
    Ulamog's Despoiler *
    Carrier Thrall

Spells:
    Smash to Smithereens ---> Demolish
    Grip of Desolation
    Grave Birthling
    Unholy Hunger
    Scour from Existence

Supports:
    Mirrorpool
    Shrine of the Forsaken Gods

* Possible alternative Eldrazi to replace Ulamog's Despoiler:
    Blight Herder
    Brood Butcher
    Matter Reshaper

The idea is to use Sarkhan's 2nd ability only, Call Dragon, to turn Eldrazi Scions into Dragons. Use the removal spells to give you time to get a decent size dragon out, and Mirrorpool will turn Ulamog's Destroyer into a 14/14 beast as long as there are void gems, when it isn't powering up your next removal spell. Speaking of void gems, they'll also power up Grip and CS, with Scour and UD getting a boost from the Shrine. Be mindful of having enough space for additional creature tokens once you start filling up the board, and consider sacrificing a low toughness Eldrazi if it's going to die next turn due to being a defender. Keeping the defender instead of using it to summon a dragon is good if it's going to keep you from taking damage also.

All in all, not a fast deck to play, but it has a lot of removal and has quite a bit of synergy to it. There are a few card drawing abilities scattered in here, mana pump with the Scions and Shrine, processes void gems with a fat creature or devoid cards, has defenders and flyers too, and removal spells that are efficient, cheap and don't penalise you for playing them.
  • Skidoo
    Skidoo Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    I've tried a couple Eldrazi decks in different colors using dual-colored PWs Kiora and Sarkhan in the hopes of more options from the two colors. But most of the essential Eldrazi are colorless, so the dual-colored PWs only really help with support/spell cards specific to each color.

I've made some workable attempts, but I've discovered the Eldrazi theme is far too mythic-intensive. There are a few solid rares, but the essential Eldrazi cards for competitive decks are all mythic. Where's the fun in that? Look at any suggested deck list for a strong Eldrazi deck and you'll see at least 3-4 mythics.

The developers have nerfed the drop rate soo greedily that pulling any single mythic nowadays is truly a moment to celebrate. I just opened a big box today and got only 2 rares. Rares, not mythics. 2 out of 70 cards. When that happens, I can't help but feel cheated when I worked so long to save up 600 gold. At least this time the rares weren't dupes, like 2 I pulled last big box, because that is its own kind of pain.

Drop rate in this game is far worse than it was at the beginning of the year and far worse than in paper MtG. icon_cry.gif
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Skidoo wrote:
    I've tried a couple Eldrazi decks in different colors using dual-colored PWs Kiora and Sarkhan in the hopes of more options from the two colors. But most of the essential Eldrazi are colorless, so the dual-colored PWs only really help with support/spell cards specific to each color.

I've made some workable attempts, but I've discovered the Eldrazi theme is far too mythic-intensive. There are a few solid rares, but the essential Eldrazi cards for competitive decks are all mythic. Where's the fun in that? Look at any suggested deck list for a strong Eldrazi deck and you'll see at least 3-4 mythics.

The developers have nerfed the drop rate soo greedily that pulling any single mythic nowadays is truly a moment to celebrate. I just opened a big box today and got only 2 rares. Rares, not mythics. 2 out of 70 cards. When that happens, I can't help but feel cheated when I worked so long to save up 600 gold. At least this time the rares weren't dupes, like 2 I pulled last big box, because that is its own kind of pain.

Drop rate in this game is far worse than it was at the beginning of the year and far worse than in paper MtG. icon_cry.gif
    I feel for you, going for an Eldrazi deck requires a TON of investment unfortunately. However, there are a few uncommons that are worthwhile: Breaker of Armies is a very solid 10/8 berserker that is cheaper than most of the mythic Eldrazi in terms of stats. Also, consider looking at the green Eldrazi for some fun Eldrazi Scion shenanigans, which nearly all of them are not of mythic rarity (save for World Breaker - but we don't talk about him due to how underwhelming he his...)!
  • Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A Green Eldrazi deck idea I've used for both Kiora and Nissa used Greenwarden of Murasa, Birthing Hulk, and one of Brood Monitor or Catacomb Sifter for indefinite Eldrazi beatdown.

The blockers absorb the pressure and protect the Greenwarden, coming back into the battlefield when destroyed. Birthing Hulk is the better choice due to the better offensive stats, Reach, and bringing in two Scions. Sprinkle the rest of the deck with creature search to find the pieces, size boosters to pump the Scions to make more mana, and other spells to taste. Worked pretty well, especially if you have From Beyond to add as well.