Peter's Complete DDQ4 Strategy Guide - Tips for all Matchups

Comments

• PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    First try with no issues, but my IMHB is champed. Even champed I couldn't trigger Anger with a couple match-5s and crits. Don't remember what colors they were on, but I'm pretty sure at least one crit landed on black or red with no anger.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Completed with 131 IMHB 3/2/1. So it's definitely doable. Just deny red so he can't smash and chip away.

The more Red covers and Blue the better icon_e_smile.gif
  • nyck1118
    nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Beat it with a lvl 126 3/4/3 HB. +2 on R/Y +2 B/G and then a +50% R/Y damage boost
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Newest 4* characters that have yet to appear in Crash.....
    icon_quake.png Quake vs. ?????
    icon_punisher.png Punisher vs. ?????
    icon_drax.png Drax vs. ?????
    icon_wintersoldier.png Winter Soldier vs. ?????
    icon_warmachine.png War Machine vs. ?????
    icon_hawkeye.png Kate Bishop vs. ?????

Umm who is Kate Bishop, and why is she on this list? Spoiler Alert??? I looked her up. So is this our next new 4* - look sharp.
  • PeterGibbons316
    alvinlal wrote:
    Newest 4* characters that have yet to appear in Crash.....
    icon_quake.png Quake vs. ?????
    icon_punisher.png Punisher vs. ?????
    icon_drax.png Drax vs. ?????
    icon_wintersoldier.png Winter Soldier vs. ?????
    icon_warmachine.png War Machine vs. ?????
    icon_hawkeye.png Kate Bishop vs. ?????

Umm who is Kate Bishop, and why is she on this list? Spoiler Alert??? I looked her up. So is this our next new 4* - look sharp.
    Now you know where to come for the latest info on new characters. icon_e_wink.gif

Not really, I just happened to be online when that video was posted and went ahead and updated the list. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • PeterGibbons316
    My most sincere apologies to everyone that comes here for regular updates, but I've decided that D3 is no longer deserving of my support and so I won't be taking my time to update this guide any longer. I'll leave all the information that is already here, but won't be making any updates based on future crashes.

Sorry dudes, D3 crushed my spirits and just isn't worth my time anymore.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Totally understandable Peter. Thanks for doing this guide as long as you did, the tips from you and tales of low covered wins helped inspire me to some quite surprising wins with low levelled characters (I never did get you to include my Starlord victory in there icon_e_wink.gif ) and those wins made DDQ4 one of the most fun aspects of the game, as well as giving me a better tactical understanding of the game.

Enjoy playing the game at whatever pace you choose to play at!
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aw man! This has been my favorite topic, even if it usually updates only every 5 days. Thanks for the first few runs, Peter!
  • TML
    TML Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for all of the updates to this guide!

Quick question, do we know if Howard the Duck is a permanent member of the DDQ4 rotation? I have one lone purple cover for him and I'm wondering if he is worth keeping.
  • CT1888
    We'll not no for sure until they slot him back in somewhere - I think he is outside this look, for Duck Season only, but the Dino was never supposed to be required in the future, bit got slotted in on the first round for a one off.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, but that Dino DDQ was during the anniversary week. Won't surprise me if he returns.

I'm expecting Howard to return for Duck season. When will be the next Duck Season? No clue, but at the latest next year the same time it did this year.

If you have the roster space, I'd keep Howard especially as that single Purple cover is enough to beat his DDQ (though damn was it tough!)
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    My level 161 Kingpin was able to see some match damage with 50% black boost. A whole 18 damage per match!

Yeah, I know. Probably not going to be worth it to most people.

Just follow the above guide, though protect yellow over black if you're Purple isn't going to drain it very well.
  • CT1888
    Managed this first time with 3/2/0 106, +2r/y, +2all, +100%all.
    Got a lucky board, red heavy, blue and green light, so was able to control his colours while building red. Whittled him down to 7k, then unleashed 4x Scythes for about 6k, then my tiles did the rest in the next couple of turns.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/2 level 120 won second try, denied green hard, but prioritized collecting red over denying blue. Once I hit 21 red, it was game over.
  • Clyve
    Clyve Posts: 91
    Anybody think I can win the Cap Falcon fight with a 0/3/5 spread? Just 1 yellow and I'd be much more confident... I can max him at lvl 188, what your thoughts?
  • CT1888
    Hmm. With 1 yellow it would be relatively straightforward, without it, at level 100 (where mine is at 2/3/5) you'd need to fire red at least twice I think (5000 each), and probably damage boosts to knock her downto about 10k, or you need to find 42 red and hit it 3 times. It'd be hard amd you'd need to be lucky with a very good board to keep her from getting off her powers.
    Totally worth a few tries at least! I love the challenge of it.
    Taking him up to 188 just for this seems a bit excessive.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Clyve wrote:
    Anybody think I can win the Cap Falcon fight with a 0/3/5 spread? Just 1 yellow and I'd be much more confident... I can max him at lvl 188, what your thoughts?

Look up my blurb on the fight (I think Petergibbons has linked to it from the index on the first page). It will be tough, but you have a shot. basically you need to boost match damage up enough that you can match her down to 10k while collecting 28 red (all before she can crush you with her black). I did it with my flaptain in the 140s and only 2 red covers (so even after using yellow, my red only did 6k per on each cast)
  • Clyve
    Clyve Posts: 91
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Clyve wrote:

Look up my blurb on the fight (I think Petergibbons has linked to it from the index on the first page). It will be tough, but you have a shot. basically you need to boost match damage up enough that you can match her down to 10k while collecting 28 red (all before she can crush you with her black). I did it with my flaptain in the 140s and only 2 red covers (so even after using yellow, my red only did 6k per on each cast)

Isn't boosting match damage real high going to trigger her Energy Absorption all the time? Or is it not quite enough?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Clyve wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Clyve wrote:

Isn't boosting match damage real high going to trigger her Energy Absorption all the time? Or is it not quite enough?

I think you can get up to 500 or so damage per match3 safely (but watch for crits and match4s/5s if you go with max boosts). Maybe start with just yellow/red iso boosts if you are worried about it. I think that was all I did when I beat her last time
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Clyve wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Clyve wrote:

The threshhold is quite high at level 270, so I think damage boosts are still safe.