Rewards for the Next Oath of Gatewatch PVE Event (7/14/16)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited July 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hello -

A new Oath of the Gatewatch PVE Event starts tomorrow and we wanted to share the rewards that will be up for grabs below. Good luck!

Chapter 1 Rewards
- Cyclone Sire - win 300 Runes
- Reaver Drone - win a Basic Booster
- Seed Guardian - win 600 Runes
- Cliffhaven Vampire - win 10 Mana Crystals
- Jori En, Ruin Diver - win a BFZ Booster
- Mina and Denn, Wildborn - win 20 Mana Crystals
- Inverter of Truth - win a random OGW Rare card
- World Breaker - win an OGW Booster, with a guaranteed rare

Chapter 2 Rewards
- Walker of the Wastes - win 500 Runes
- Reality Smasher - win a Basic Booster
- Sylvan Advocate - win 1000 Runes
- Drana’s Chosen - win 20 Mana Crystals
- Munda’s Vanguard - win a BFZ Booster
- Sphinx of the Final Word - win 50 Mana Crystals
- Tyrant of Valakut - win an OGW Booster, with a guaranteed rare
- Kozilek, the Great Distortion - win the limited-time exclusive Rare card: Oath of Chandra

Comments

• Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    First off, I'd like to say that I love the way the events give you progression based rewards that are very generous. Getting access to guaranteed exclusive cards paid or otherwise is a super huge step in the right direction for MtGPQ. I also appreciate the Mythic Cards from the previous two events.

That being said, it's a little dissappointing that the Oath of Chandra reward for the final battle this week is a a pretty "meh" rare.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to have the Mythic cards be the rewards further along in the Event run rather than right at the beginning? That way we're not expecting a new Mythic every week, and we can get super amped when the reward IS a Mythic?
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Meto5000 wrote:
    First off, I'd like to say that I love the way the events give you progression based rewards that are very generous. Getting access to guaranteed exclusive cards paid or otherwise is a super huge step in the right direction for MtGPQ. I also appreciate the Mythic Cards from the previous two events.

That being said, it's a little dissappointing that the Oath of Chandra reward for the final battle this week is a a pretty "meh" rare.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to have the Mythic cards be the rewards further along in the Event run rather than right at the beginning? That way we're not expecting a new Mythic every week, and we can get super amped when the reward IS a Mythic?

The players still may have thought the final reward was meh if they had put up a rare instead of a mythic for the first event. Some people think those mythics were meh too.

I personally like oath of chandra (it may have cost a little less like 9 or 8 mana) but i am glad that i'll be able to get all 4 oaths for sure, for my collection.
  • godspeed6811
    Options
    How are you beating this? I can't get anywhere on the last two guys? Also do you have to get 100% on it to get the reward or just beat it once?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How are you beating this? I can't get anywhere on the last two guys? Also do you have to get 100% on it to get the reward or just beat it once?

Hope these help! I have very few mythics and was able to beat both, which PW are you using?

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=47058

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=47546

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=47493

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=46979

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=47022

Good Luck!