That was nifty

Options
mixed bag
mixed bag Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
I was playing QB with my Lvl 60 Kiora managreen.pngmanablue.png vs Liliana manablack.png

1. I had Noyan out as a 4/4.
2. AI casts Despoiler of Souls
3. My next turn I use Kiora's first ability to remove AI mana and charge up my first card - Mantle of Webs. Cast Mantle of Webs on his Despoiler making him a 6/5 with reach but at the same time pumping Noyan to a 7/7. Noyan attacks killing Despoiler and it doesn't come back due to no mana left in his hand. icon_lol.gif

Go Mantle of Webs!

Comments

• Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hehe nice one

I also recently got a combo.
    I setup my pyromancer googles that proc nissa renewal or scour from existence.

Some renewal procs and I put greenwarden + desolation twins...

Got 3 unspent scour from pyromancer now... What to do with it?

Kill my twin, Murasa resurrect and get another twin, 3 times lol
    The second twin became 40/40 icon_lol.gificon_cool.gif
  • Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Playing my Ajani Stonewaker Lifegain deck and swapped out Smash to Smithereens for Valor in Akros on the idea it might combo with Ondu Rising.

And boy did it! Turned the Awakened version into +4/+4 to each of my 3 creatures and granting them lifegain. Really huge tempo swing!
  • mixed bag
    mixed bag Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thought I'd throw another good little synergy, which some of you may have discovered.

Starfield of the Nyx + Mirrorpool + Blessed Spirits.

Mirrorpool consistently comes back each turn after each creature and spell, thus boosting blessed spirit.

I personally put in Shine of Forsaken Gods, Suppression Bonds, Hixus Prison Warden, plus whatever to really utilise Starfield and lock down your opponent.
  • Morphis
    Options
    mixed bag wrote:
    Thought I'd throw another good little synergy, which some of you may have discovered.

Mirrorpool consistently comes back each turn after each creature and spell, thus boosting blessed spirit.

I personally put in Shine of Forsaken Gods, Suppression Bonds, Hixus Prison Warden, plus whatever to really utilise Starfield and lock down your opponent.
    Mirrorpool has same kind of synergy with Sygil of the empty throne.
    Mirrorpool comes back, triggers an angel that gets reinforced.
    8/8 stats each turn. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Morphis wrote:
    mixed bag wrote:

Mirrorpool has same kind of synergy with Sygil of the empty throne.
    Mirrorpool comes back, triggers an angel that gets reinforced.
    8/8 stats each turn. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    If you don't have mirrorpool, Gideon's Reproach is a great alternative that can directly deal with enemy creatures!
  • Morphis
    Options
    So much stuff for white support combos and the support based planeswalker is... Blue.

Such a waste for what could have been a great pwalker.
  • Morphis
    Options
    I got another dirty trick while playing gold NoP challange.

I am controlling with my tezzy waiting for thopters.

He cast some creatures I bounce some, exert influence some other.

Now my field is full.
    Looks like he was waiting for it, and casts void winnover.

Now I have a charged exert, I want the void but cannot get it.

So... I charge Roil Spout cast it on my harbinger of tides getting a free slot and proceed steal the winnover with exert icon_e_biggrin.gif
    I got also the harbinger next turn ready to come back in action if needed icon_twisted.gif