Jean Grey vs. Jean Grey

Options
EDL666
EDL666 Posts: 73
edited July 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
So I made a match-5 with Pheonix but my power didn't fire because Jean Grey(All New X-Men) stunned my team first... This interaction is really bad IMO, I knew it would stun me but I was willing to take the stun, provided I wasn't denied my own ability on match-5, nothing in the game allows anyone to tell that's how it gonna go down until you get smacked in the face for trying. I don't know about other match-5 abilities but I think they should fire before getting stunned.

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's weird, because ProfX's blueflag.png triggers before Jean Grey's.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I noticed this recently. In the past I've had Phoenix abilities go off first, but recently I matched 5 and Teen Jean fired off first. I wonder if something has changed? I want to say after noticing this, I happened to do again and it was a match 5 with Phoenix tiles and it worked. My memory is sketchy, though.
  • EDL666
    Options
    Okay, so you guys are saying this thing is even inconsistent? Okay, this should really be changed.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Passives for the active team should all fire before those for the other team (this is what can make Blue Shift such an annoying event, especially when you hit a blue cascade). If that isn't what happens, you've found a bug.
  • EDL666
    Options
    Well, I guess I'm going to report this in the bug section
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options
    edit: I'm wrong, Phoenix's is also instant. Ignore this post.

Some passives, like Psychic Feedback, fire as soon as the match is made. Others, like Phoenix's match-5, wait until the board stops moving. It's undocumented but consistent.
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The one that gets my goat is some special tiles overwrite others and some don't. The best example is your Daredevil versus my Daken. You spend 8 red AP for a **** trap tile that will probably do nothing all game, then YOU match a green and my Dakens passive overwrites your trap tile. What the actual fun is that?
  • EDL666
    Options
    The one that gets my goat is some special tiles overwrite others and some don't. The best example is your Daredevil versus my Daken. You spend 8 red AP for a **** trap tile that will probably do nothing all game, then YOU match a green and my Dakens passive overwrites your trap tile. What the actual fun is that?
    That's not related to the topic very much, some might argue it just isn't.