Will the final product-

Options
Unknown
edited November 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
be different to the preview version? I feel the game has enough content to be considered a full release. I am wondering what determines that this is a preview version? And what would be added game content wise to be considered the full version? Is the preview version equivalent to an open beta?

Comments

• yeah..it feels like full version already
    how about give people who play the preview edition a bonus when it goes full edition
    bonus: slot cover x5, 2000 HP, 2 cover of ur choice icon_mrgreen.gif
  • It will always be preview edition as it will keep adding character in have you read the faq why it's call preview edition. Lots of bug have not been sort out
  • What would be cool is if they gave us some kind of recognition in the match select for being preview players. Something so that when people see our heroes they also see we've been playing from the beginning.
  • Well it'll eventually go out of preview I assume?
  • The "Preview Edition" tag is used to circumvent several Requirements and Guidelines established by both Apple and Google. The developers had a deadline that they needed to meet and thus several characters were left out of the game due to a lack of polish and balancing most likely.
    In order to pass the certification runs at Apple and Google, the title was released as a Preview Edition and the developers respected their deadline (which is very strict due to licensing deals etc.).

In the world of game development, there are numerous workaround and, most importantly, sacrifices the developers need to make in order to release their game to the masses.

I read multiple posts regarding the state of the game and that it should be deemed as a final product due to the implementation of the micro transactions system (ISO and HP purchases), due to the multitude of heroes etc. Furthermore, several posters expressed concern that once released as a "Final Edition" their progress will be erased and all the money spent by them will be for nothing.

I sincerely do not believe this is the case and that we should treat the game as a final product regardless of the number of bugs present in the game or the lack of other various features requested by the player base.

Rest assured that the developers thought this move through and through. However, more details can be provided by Ice if required.
  • Interesting. I wonder if this is why they are allowed to update over the air instead of having us download an update from the store. I know some of the updates have also been available on the store but I have gotten mine when starting the game (or even while in the game and finishing a match).
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    greggray24 wrote:
    Interesting. I wonder if this is why they are allowed to update over the air instead of having us download an update from the store. I know some of the updates have also been available on the store but I have gotten mine when starting the game (or even while in the game and finishing a match).

That's probably more a function of client versus server changes.
  • Rhompalot wrote:
    I read multiple posts regarding the state of the game and that it should be deemed as a final product due to the implementation of the micro transactions system (ISO and HP purchases), due to the multitude of heroes etc. Furthermore, several posters expressed concern that once released as a "Final Edition" their progress will be erased and all the money spent by them will be for nothing.

I sincerely do not believe this is the case and that we should treat the game as a final product regardless of the number of bugs present in the game or the lack of other various features requested by the player base.

It has already been stated that progress will not be erased. The beauty of leaving the "preview edition" up there is that they can add/change things live. I think they'll be leaving it up until they can flesh out the game more as it seems like they are still testing a lot of different systems/options out.
  • Elleby
    Elleby Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    My issue with this being a "Preview" is that we have already had part of the storyline come and go. (The "Unstable ISO" storyline) How is it a preview if content shows up and leaves that was never intended to be displayed later?
  • That's actually a really good point.
  • Elleby wrote:
    My issue with this being a "Preview" is that we have already had part of the storyline come and go. (The "Unstable ISO" storyline) How is it a preview if content shows up and leaves that was never intended to be displayed later?

IceIX has mentioned in numerous threads that they may or may not be implemented as permanent story missions, but there is no definite answer at the moment
  • greggray24 wrote:
    Interesting. I wonder if this is why they are allowed to update over the air instead of having us download an update from the store. I know some of the updates have also been available on the store but I have gotten mine when starting the game (or even while in the game and finishing a match).

Well, there are 2 kinds of updates. There are the over the air, "hot fixes" that you don't even know you download, such as getting new tournaments and small tweeks to the systems. There are also title updates that have to go through the store and we download and such. The current build is R41 we will get R42 probably in a few weeks. These updates add characters, change systems and UI. These are the ones that have major impact on the game. So they have both.
  • Rhompalot wrote:

Furthermore, several posters expressed concern that once released as a "Final Edition" their progress will be erased and all the money spent by them will be for nothing.

Also,
    viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7

Progress will not be erased.