My Jace Void-Bounce-Control Deck

Options
*Note: This is coming from less than a month on the game. So far, the grind for cards is slow but this deck has had good success.

Fathom Feeder
Benthic Infiltrator
Ulamog's Despoiler
Anchor to the Aether
Clutch of Currents
Anticipate
Murk Strider
Scour from Existence
Ulamog's Reclaimer
Incubator Drone

The goal: Pretty much what it outlines. Get Benthic Infiltrator or Fathom Feeder out ASAP to do damage and fill the field with Void gems. Incubator Drone is a cheap, double-Defender spawner with a card draw in the mix. Anticipate to get needed cards ASAP. Anchor and Clutch are good bounce cards to keep the enemy from getting into the field too strongly. Scour for those real pain in the neck cards you don't want to bounce and have them recast for some nasty effect to come (plus, more Void gems). Murk Strider is invaluable in a Void-filled field, needing only 3 cost for a 2/1 summon and bounce. Ulamog's Despoiler can turn into a 9/9 for 14 mana at the cost of 2 Void gems per cast, and Reclaimer can grab a used spell from the graveyard for the cost of 1 Void gem and act as a 2/5 defender.

Jace's effects also have better use here. Usually, the lv 60 max with a -5/-0 drop on big baddies can slow them down from damage dealing a bit. But the level 2 effect is where it's also effective. Drawing back used cards to cast cheap like Anticipate (for free) or Clutch (for 2+) or Anchor (for 3) or even Scour (for 8) make it better. His level 3 ability's useless IMO.

After a few turns, you can pretty much fill the field with so many Void gems that the enemy would be lucky to get any mana.

The drawback: It depends on a quick setup. Red decks are the worst with their hasty, quick damage dealers. It also depends on the opponent having 5 or less cards in the hand for bounceback. If they are filled up, Scour does help clear an enemy from the field, but you still gotta wait for the hand to thin before you can get bouncing. It's a good deadlock for forcing your opponent to stick with the cards in their hand so they can't draw. It's the kind that can go slow and steady once you get control of the field. And the funny thing is even against a black deck, keeping the field controlled enough until the Liliana spams her lv 1 ability when she has enough to cast it means that if you have creatures to attack with each turn, you can win.

I am sure if I run into better cards, I'll tweak this deck, but so far, it's done quite well against 3.5, maybe 4 out of 5 battles I ran into on QB. That 1, 1.5 difference comes from either a good draw/good cascade of mana from an enemy or having an exceptionally good deck. It's had some luck against nasty Kiora decks.

But if I could get opinions and card recommendations to better this, I'll keep an eye out for those cards when they drop.

Comments

• majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I still haven't gotten a murk strider, so I haven't tried the void blue strategy. In my blue the MVP's are Day's Undoing and Talent of the Telepath. Those two go in any blue deck. Although they just nerfed the Undoing costing it up to 10 from 6, it is still super powerful basically it says refill your hand, gain 15 mana and drain your opponent's hand of mana.

In blue eldrazi the card I'd want is Drowner of Hope. Pair that with recursive colorless token generation to lockdown the game.
  • TheLaughingMann
    Options
    majincob wrote:
    I still haven't gotten a murk strider, so I haven't tried the void blue strategy. In my blue the MVP's are Day's Undoing and Talent of the Telepath. Those two go in any blue deck. Although they just nerfed the Undoing costing it up to 10 from 6, it is still super powerful basically it says refill your hand, gain 15 mana and drain your opponent's hand of mana.

In blue eldrazi the card I'd want is Drowner of Hope. Pair that with recursive colorless token generation to lockdown the game.

I'll keep an eye out for them. I've encountered the DoH and love how it spawns a decent defender that fills mana on death and disables the whole enemy field for a turn. I so want one. But Day's Undoing and Talent of the Telepath sound like great gets.