Don't be quick to retaliate

Options
Unknown
edited November 2013 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Under the current programming, retaliation can be a waste of points. With higher ranked cards, I've found that I can beat similarly ranked opponents on my first try, to have them retaliate and beat me just as easily. Several times I've found myself grudging, and fighting the same player over and over on a retaliation war.

By the game's mechanics, the lower point player will earn more points from a higher point player, so if you're the higher point player, just skip that opponent without retaliation, or watch their points climb as yours get chopped away.

Comments

• Under the current programming, retaliation can be a waste of points. With higher ranked cards, I've found that I can beat similarly ranked opponents on my first try, to have them retaliate and beat me just as easily. Several times I've found myself grudging, and fighting the same player over and over on a retaliation war.

By the game's mechanics, the lower point player will earn more points from a higher point player, so if you're the higher point player, just skip that opponent without retaliation, or watch their points climb as yours get chopped away.

Good advice! I've been doing this already, unless of coarse, I get the long end of the stick. Happened the other day were a kid kept attacking me, for -16 but I'd get like plus 27 each time! Evened out positive for me and he just wouldn't stop!
  • He was probably getting positive gains also. In certain tournaments, you can ride one grudge match straight to the top. The hoods lightening round doesn't work that way, but dooms does.
  • every lightning round does, besides hood's.

see the lightning tournament discussion to see the absolute pounding some ppl took in the hood tournament compared to other tournaments
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As long as you're getting more points in retaliation than you are from losing the defensive match, it usually doesn't matter how many points your opponent is getting - unless you're in the same bracket and closely ranked.