Inverter of Truth Deck

Options
zaann85
zaann85 Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
So some people are stumped by this guy and wonder why would you use Inverter of Truth. With Ingest 3 you take 3 of your opponents color and convert them to void gems, then on your next turn you convert all void gems into your color. This conversion hits you with a whopping 5 damage. To sum it up, this beefy 8/8 with flying, helps you deny your opponent mana and give you more matches and cascades at the cost of some HP. This is a black creature and gives black some blue and green abilities.

Heres a deck I made for the Inverter of Truth.

Inverter of Truth
Void Winnower
Oblivion Sower
Orbs of Warding
Shambling Vent
Shrine of the Forsaken Gods
Scour from Existence
Grip of Desolation
Ruinous Path
Shadows of the Past

So with this deck, I decided to go with Void Winnower and Oblivion Sower. These two creatures compliment Inverter well. Oblivion Sower Ingests and converts gems to your color just like the Inverter. Void Winnower ramps your mana when your opponent makes a match.

Orbs of Warding, Shadows of the Past, and Shambling Vent give you health which is something your going to need with Inverter of Truths. Shambling Vent works with Shrine of the Forsaken Gods to generate more ramp for your massive Eldrazi.

Grip of Desolation, Ruinous Path, and Scour from Existence all nuke opposing threats and 2 of the 3 make void gems!

So with this deck you makes tons of mana while denying your opponent thier main color/s. Nuke any threats they manage to throw out and ride your Eldrazi to victory!

Comments

• majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks for posting a viable deck for IoT. I'll have to look and see if I have enough ingest and lifegain to make it worthwhile.
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just for clarification purposes, Orbs of Warding do not actually give health (well, they used to) - instead they prevent 2 damage from ALL instances, including those from your own control. This nullifies some of the IoT's 5 damage - which is quite useful!