CHEATING A.I. (TOO OFTEN!)

Options
I'm not trying to be a crybaby about this but it simply happens more frequently than it should.

I'm sure it's a scenario familiar to a lot of your players: you are carefully and strategically collecting AP whilst denying the opponent team its AP. Eventually you are almost ready to fire off a couple super moves and then WHAM! Out of the blue yonder,the enemy AI starts getting 3-4-5-6 consecutive cascades, with critical hits and extra turns no less. And as if that's not incredulous enough, it repeats this amazing feat the following 2-3 turns! Suddenly the opponent team has amassed all the AP it needs to fire off not one or two, but ALL of its different AP coloured super moves in short succession... soundly annihilating your team before you even had a chance to use one special ability.

It's so blatantly ridiculous and implausible! Nobody likes to lose in this manner. It's the antithesis of fun. Can you please tone this sort of thing down? Thanks.

Comments

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If we were playing Yugioh, I'd say it was the heart of the cards. icon_lol.gif

While it may occasionally seem like the computer gets more cascades, I would argue it happens about as often to the player. It's more often going to happen when you can plan a few cascades on screen, and then if enough of those planned moves are vertical, a good cascade will go off.

Try to focus more on vertical rather than horizontal matches, and see if that helps.
  • I don't feel like it happens TOO often, but every now and then, the computer will make omen completely innocuous match like a horizontal three of environment tiles that falls into another horizontal three and then another, and then a vertical three and then a vertical that blasts the whole column then a critical tile and suddenly the whole board is dropping. When it's done I see the message notifying me that they just gathered 9 to 15 AP of every color and 45 environmental AP. Then next turn I get Aggressively Reckoned and hit by three massively damaging powers and I want to throw my phone so bad that my knuckles turn white.

It's cool, though because it was usually the last battle of the night and I was just retaliating against a massively inferior team before shielding for the night and I am totally stoked to be losing 40 points in this meaningless battle. Good times.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    If we were playing Yugioh, I'd say it was the heart of the cards. icon_lol.gif

While it may occasionally seem like the computer gets more cascades, I would argue it happens about as often to the player. It's more often going to happen when you can plan a few cascades on screen, and then if enough of those planned moves are vertical, a good cascade will go off.

Try to focus more on vertical rather than horizontal matches, and see if that helps.

I remember way back with the first Puzzle Quest people said the AI was too smart at predicting cascades.
    The devs had either done a study or referred to a study that suggested players need to get these cascades twice as often as the AI to feel like they're breaking even with the AI.
  • Spencer75
    Options
    Do you need to make the same exact post twice?

Especially a really stupid one such as this...