alternative spidey nerf, remove choise of target

Options
I think it might improve strategies with tanks and support characters.
And solve the perma stun issues.
Remove the ability to target another enemy.
So you have to get the right char in front by setting the board up.
It will be harder to kill support characters.
And it will give way to real tanks.
Sucking up the damage for the glass canons.
It will also effect spidey in the way he can only stun the enemy thats in front at that time.
And not the rest.

I think I will get hammered for thus suggestion.
But think about it.
It will bring more strategy in the game.

Comments

• Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Does anyone else think ASM needs a nerf? I just got a purple cover & was going to begin some Heavy investing.

Do any of the devs think he needs a nerf?

Are we all just terrified of the nerf bat now?
  • @IHatePVP Yes, the Devs have communicated that they plan on rebalancing him. Magneto is on the list as well. They stated and took back that they didn't want any abilities under 5 AP.

@ArchJojo I don't get it. You always get to choose who you attack. The opponent doesn't put the previous attacker in front like you do. Are you saying they should take away that ability?
  • Yes, like your own team. The char that started the last round up front. And no choise to target another (mebbe certain abilities could.)
  • Well, that would change up the game a lot. It would be much more difficult, but it would even out the Player over AI advantage. PvE, wouldn't be as good though. Since minions don't match, you would always have to kill them in order. Also, the AI isn't currently capable of strategically choosing who attacks. That might be one reason the system is the way it is.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, that's not a Spidey nerf, it's a complete change in game mechanics that would affect almost every power and match.
  • Yes it will. But I think it will also bring more depth in the game.
  • ArchJojo wrote:
    Yes it will. But I think it will also bring more depth in the game.

Depth, yes. Would it also make it tedious? I think so. I don't want the lieutenant to constantly be getting his 2-count heals off, so I always target him first. Before he can get enough yellows to do any harm. That guy, if you attack them in order, is ALWAYS last to be targeted. I also don't like playing 10 minute matches. Just imagine a PvE where you can't stun Ares before he's going to drop a level 230 Sunder on you. You'd be cursing your mother for ever having given birth to you and your suggestion. Then you'll be using 3 heal packs to do it again.