Start each fight with full health?

Options
I have an idea: start each fight with full health.

I know it sounds silly, and flies in the face of the whole "limited health pack" mechanic, but hear me out.

One of the main reasons Original Black Widow and Amazing Spider-Man are so popular is because they give you the ability to recover health. People will often use a healing ability before the final move of the match. This means you can play more matches than your competition before using health packs, which means you place higher in tournaments. The health pack mechanic overvalues healing abilities, which become even stronger when paired with aggressive recon / spider sense / all tied up.

Previously, simply stacking high damage abilities gave you an alternative to this play style. Now that the game has been slowed somewhat, the emphasis on healing abilities has been increased.

I propose that each fight will be started with full health, and health packs will only be necessary to revive "downed" characters. This way healing abilities will be used as a survival option rather than a nearly-mandatory "start the next battle with full health" tool.

Comments

• This should have been the way it was from the beginning. Unless you use modern hawk or someone such a low level they never make a match, you're using up 3 health packs a fight. We shouldn't be limited to like 5 minutes sessions. Alternatively, each event can have its own health and health packs, so if you're guys are injured in one they aren't in another.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That is the way the original Puzzle Quest was set up. While I'm enjoying Marvel Puzzle Quest, the original is still my favorite.
  • It doesn't sound silly OP, it is a perfectly reasonable suggestion.

The current health system does VERY little good compared how much bad it does.
    Without it, we could have more aggressive and diverse teams, unlimited playtime and so on. Needs to be reworked or removed.
  • This might work if death was permanent. No heal timer. No revival timer. If your characters died and could only be brought back by the use of a revival pack, (current health pack) then this would be a good direction to go in. I would still use my Spidey, but not necessarily to toy with the last opponent until I had enough yellow to fully heal up my team.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If they turned Health Packs to Revive Packs, I'm thinking that they may up the recharge time to balance it. Perhaps an hour per pack rather than the 38 minutes it is now.