buffs are nice

ShawnP1
ShawnP1 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
So I am aiming to make a pretty nice Black Eldrazi deck with the lowering of mana costs on several Eldrazi and the spawn actually being useful, I happened to pull smothering abomination the other day. You guys got any tips from looking at the changes in 1.5?

Comments

• Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    ShawnP1 wrote:
    So I am aiming to make a pretty nice Black Eldrazi deck with the lowering of mana costs on several Eldrazi and the spawn actually being useful, I happened to pull smothering abomination the other day. You guys got any tips from looking at the changes in 1.5?
    Any Liliana reanimator will be good. She will have so many efficient single removals that your opponent will not be able to attack a single time(beside haste creatures).
    If you build a 8+ attack eldrazi deck you can even fit in Titan presence.
    In effect has too many removals right now.
    Unholy hunger(became the worst one lol)
    Ruinous path(awaken mana cost reduction makes it op while before it was already really good in a control black)
    Grip of desolation
    Titan presence

The most expensive one being unholy hunger for a big 8 mana! LOL
    The "only" downside is being slow(as all control decks by nature).
    I think it is almost impossible to lose... Maybe only against support heavy decks, but even then those decks are usually slow too so you can win by getting the reanimation in play before they are able to get the setup needed.

Oh and against gaea's revenge of course... Probably just concede the match.