*** Doctor Doom (Classic) ***

Comments

• I think you guys don't read enough Magneto/X-men. He's been a good guy for long stretches during the 80s and 2000-10s.

Doom had...a 1 year run as a "good" guy but it was just to serve his own needs anyways.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Emotive wrote:
    For the most iconic villain in the entire Marvel universe, his TWO skills are weak.

Doom is vastly underrated and it's a shame. This isn't just some Joe Shmoe, this is THE Megavillian, the best of the best and he deserves more.

Magneto would like to have a word with you. Nothing says evil like a Megalomaniac Jew fresh out of the holocaust in a red helmet and pinkish tights. Also, the phrase buff as tinykitty comes to mind. Welcome to die>welcome to doom. That said, I would be willing to put doom as a solid #2. Also, magneto has redeeming qualities..doom..not so much.

As for doom's colors...why not give him black blue purple but make his last ability color green? Mag and greysuit work like that with thier colors already. One of my main reasons for using doom is lost if he does turn purple into a decent hitting color for magneto. Also, if mag lost any color, it would be his yellow and not his blue. Still not sure where the yellow came from.

Magneto is an anti-hero, his background origin like you mentioned even hints to it (unless you're anti-semetic).

Doom is pure evil.

The original Dr Evil?

Now I can picture Doom with a tinykitty.
  • You know it'd be nice if Doom's 5 Black offered some protection to your demons.

I find that it is quite rare to get the full lot out at one time and when you do they are invariably destroyed because there is so much red on the table.
  • I launch his demons, and utter out loud, "FEEL the WRATH of DR DOOM's DOOM DEMONS of DOOM - bwa ha ha"

... and then my wife asks, "are you talking to your phone? again?"
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    I love Doom but given his stature in the Marvel Universe, he deserves a 3rd power.

Green would make sense.
  • He definitely needs a third power, especially if there are no more villain LRs, where he had a use.
  • Pretty sure IceIX confirmed they plan on alternating hero and villain rounds.
  • PorkBelly wrote:
    I love Doom but given his stature in the Marvel Universe, he deserves a 3rd power.

Green would make sense.

Ability for him to create a clone that takes damage in his place.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Toxicadam wrote:
    PorkBelly wrote:

Green would make sense.

Ability for him to create a clone that takes damage in his place.

That would be cool. He's a character I want to build up which is why I'm pretty excited about his covers in the tourney this weekend. Doom + Hood + Magneto is my bad guy dream team.
  • Did Dr. Doom has his max HP revamped? Last few days I've been seeing level 115 Doom with 5960 HP, unboosted of course.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Kyoku wrote:
    Did Dr. Doom has his max HP revamped? Last few days I've been seeing level 115 Doom with 5960 HP, unboosted of course.

nope he's been that way, he has the 2nd highest HP of 3 star villains with Rag being 1st with 7111 HP, Doom's can just be a monster when maxed out.
  • Oh I see. The character compendium has a smaller HP listed, 5440. And mine's is only level 85 so I couldn't confirm.
  • MarcusGraves
    Kyoku wrote:
    Oh I see. The character compendium has a smaller HP listed, 5440. And mine's is only level 85 so I couldn't confirm.

mmmmm I pulled my info from here http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... m_(Classic) and it is a wiki so I guess take with a gain of salt unless someone with a level 115 doom can come in and confirm the HP cap.
  • Chaga
    Chaga Posts: 30
    Having a team of Doom with any wolf is even more devastating.
    Each turn his tiles will tick with the added bonus of attack tiles from the wolverines. Having him with patch is the best combo, since pach's attack tiles are green, so both won't override.
  • As a slight change...maybe for his black ability...if there are not enough red that it'll place down the remainder randomly on the board?

btw....i realized today that if you use the environmental crit tile...it can override a red attack tile. booo.
  • Just mentioned in the evnt thread but I am having all kinds of fun with the IM40/OBW/Doom combo.

basically because of the AP steal and Recharge you get a tonne of blue and once you have it, you have a defensive option with the heal or an offensiv eoption iwth the Technomancy. Very nice. Been getting multiple rounds of Summon Demons out with this team.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    abuelo wrote:
    Just mentioned in the evnt thread but I am having all kinds of fun with the IM40/OBW/Doom combo.

basically because of the AP steal and Recharge you get a tonne of blue and once you have it, you have a defensive option with the heal or an offensiv eoption iwth the Technomancy. Very nice. Been getting multiple rounds of Summon Demons out with this team.

One of the best combo's right now if you have Wolverine (Patch) and IM40, the combo works best when you get your third member killed. Activate IM40's yellow, you get tons of Red AP, enough to power Patch's Red ability, which because IM40 is now out, as is your 3 rd member, all tiles have Wolvie's symbol and he will hit someone like a truck
  • Keep doom's damage tile colors the same but make his last ability green. One idea I like would be a passive green that creates a countdown tile when you match green. Something like this:

Doomclone:

Passive - Preferring to sit behind the scenes Dr. Doom sent a doombot in his place this whole time! When your team matches green place a 3 turn countdown tile on purple. When the countdown tile activates, it becomes apparent too late that this was a doombot the entire time and not the real baron. Doombot "explodes." Countdown tile destroys a 2x2 area not generating ap and heals doom for x damage. If matched by your team, replace with a new doombot tile. If green is matched while a doombot is already out, lower the countdown by 1.

Lvl 2: 3x3 explosion.
    Lvl 3. Increase healing
    Lvl 4. Countdown down to 2.
    Lvl 5. Can overwrite enemy protect/strike/attack tiles.

Not overpowered, makes sense for the character (doombot clones used often and healing him is more to indicate that the last few attacks were done to the doombot and not him), gives him a soft counter to protect tiles, helps his black(clearly his main purpose as the blue goal is to build for the black) by keeping his health up high enough to get the attack tiles off, it is an attempt to make countdown tiles relevant and is something new compared with "do x damage" moves. On top of that, it makes his synergy with strike tile users even more as not only are his attack tiles getting strike tile boosts but the explosion of the doombot countdown tiles activate the strike tiles as well.

Just a thought.
  • I'm really stuck as to whether to level Doom to 100 or not (currently 77) or start levelling another 2*
  • MarcusGraves
    abuelo wrote:
    I'm really stuck as to whether to level Doom to 100 or not (currently 77) or start levelling another 2*

leveling a 3 star is worth more than leveling a 2 star, max level doom is a monster and can tear through villain (gotta say this now with hero ones out) lightning rounds. even if you have all the covers done for the villain in whatever round, all those extra 3 star covers can be sold for 25 HP each and doom can really make it easier to reach the top spots when he's maxed