PVE: Enemy of the State (2016-06-09 to 2016-06-16)

2»

Comments

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    8 tokens pulled, all of them 2*, at least 5 of those little Torch. This vault hates me.
  • Love it. Solves my issues with scaling and reward v. effort.

I'm one happy panda.

P.S. Yes, you get more rewards if you play harder. Shouldn't those who do more work get more for it?
  • Alatarmg
    Alatarmg Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Overall it's boring. Repeating a node 9 times seems stupid. Repeating them 15 times as in the first subevent requires a zombie.

This is a casual collection game, if they want to change it to a hardcore game where you must play 8 hours a day to place in a decent position, they'll lose a lot of people. It's a respectable marketing strategy but they must be straight because people with real lifes can't waste our time in a game. And, of the people who do want to spend their time in a game, there are much better choices in MMO games.

Anyway, I'm not playing a game which requires more than 3 hours of daily play (and that's already a lot).

They also justified this new test because "some people complained that it looked like they were playing on schedule". Well, this is not the solution, because this systems forces you to play from minute 0 until every mission is dry, non stop, if you want a good placement.

For casual gaming, the last test with 4 runs per mission was the best balanced. I understand hardcore players need a bit more challenge but, really, after you got all 5* characters maxed, what's the motivation to play?
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Curious to know what other players used on the final HK node with Gorgon/Wolverine/Konran (level 347), which I ultimately had to whale to beat (that CP was the last reward I got). When Adamantium Slash does 10K damage, the options really get limited.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    8 tokens pulled, all of them 2*, at least 5 of those little Torch. This vault hates me.
    I feel your pain. I've pulled 18 tokens from the vault so far, in hopes of getting either the Jean or Iceman from my vault. My first 12 pulls were all 2*s.

Since then the best I've gotten is a Quicksilver (500 ISO) and a Switch (champ level). The other 16 have been 2*s, including 6 Torches.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Sluggo wrote:
    I feel your pain. I've pulled 18 tokens from the vault so far, in hopes of getting either the Jean or Iceman from my vault. My first 12 pulls were all 2*s.

Since then the best I've gotten is a Quicksilver (500 ISO) and a Switch (champ level). The other 16 have been 2*s, including 6 Torches.

Ditto - all 2*s mainly Ms Marvel except for 1 a 4 star Cyc
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler

I decided to take it easy on this week's event and have only made four pulls, which of course means I'd actually end up having some luck and haven't nabbed a single 2* yet. I got 4* Ghost Rider redflag.png, 3* Falcon blueflag.png, Loki blackflag.png, and IF purpleflag.png (my first cover for him). I'm only at day 138, so these are all useful at this point.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hate the way the new format means you don't get the guaranteed tokens on first clear of the last nodes.

grind grind grind
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    11 pulls out of the vault now, only one 3* to show for it, Bullseye. 10 x 2* junk. 5 of them Torch.

Well, Torch is going to be my first 2* max-champ sell after this. I'll be able to rebuild him in a snap.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Ugh finally finished. 259122 is max attainable score, and my bracket fought tooth and nail for placement the entire time. I leveled my surfer to 360 and I've been playing with ss sw if, now affectionately named team jazz hands. It got me through the if wave nodes as well as all the harder nodes in the first few subs. Personal record, 7 black holes on the board at once!

Final opinions on style - I like the idea of play all at once and forget for rest of day, but it's not sustainable and the scaling was insane. Fighting Gorgons with 41k hp and higher level than my entire roster is no fun at all. Initial grind is more appealing than end grind for me just because of time slots, but you can't please everyone...

I earned these x23 covers fair and square, but somehow I still feel dirty for it.
  • i am heartbroken. i spent SO much time on this one. i now have over 60K in crystals that i can't even use for anything right now and placed 201, leaving me with just a lame captain america that i've received probably 40 times already. i was super excited about this game and have even spent way more money than i should, but i'm just so frustrated. i think this might be the final ragequit. i can't spent 5 hours a day for 5 days straight to even have a hope of getting a halfway decent reward.