Opinions on roster

Options
Calnexin
Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2016 in Roster and Level Help
My roster is in my sig. It's mostly up to date - a few covers here and there, but nothing significant.

I've just started hoarding, because I don't know what to do just now.

- 2* torch is currently featured. I've got enough Iso to max him and just need a little more to champ him. I know that's a bad decision, but it feels good from a completionist perspective - I've got that cover maxed and I'll get a 3* Torch progression out of it. Maybe sell and recycle down the road.
- I still have 4x 3* non-maxed. Completionist perspective again invading my rational mind, I'm tempted to champ all of them. Hood I'm pretty sure I want to bring up, but I'm still several covers away from that so it's not a current concern. The others... eh. I don't think I need them, and it's possible I'll max out their 4* character rewards before I get them to 183.
- 4* are where I probably should be putting my Iso, but right now I've got them all firmly settled in with the top 3*s. I'm still not convinced that any of them are viable for competitive play. I've been using Thor and Hulkbuster a lot lately, but they don't seem to be a significant improvement over the champed 3*s. Maybe that's because they need more levels to truly shine, but with the rate at which I draw 4* covers I'm probably 6 months out from maxing out either. The only fully covered 4* I've got is IW, and I'm pretty sure that would be a worse choice than maxing 2* Torch.

In general the idea of maxing out a character so I can use the superfluous covers for something more than straight sale is appealing. I feel like I'm at a tipping point where I should start focusing on my 4* roster and cease putting any more effort into 3* (and especially 2*) characters. But at the same time I'm worried that my 4* roster isn't deep enough to make my scaling comfortable, and I should focus on bringing up the 4* roster to 180ish (where possible) before trying to max any of them.

Comments

• carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My understanding (and this is coming from someone who isn't as close to the 4* transition as you are) is that when you start the transition, you're supposed to bring 4*s you intend to use up to 195.

You're one IM40 cover away from getting Hulkbuster to 4/4/3, which seems like to most promising avenue for advancement I see. I'd bring him up a little at a time and see how he fares. He could definitely use a few levels more than he's got.

I don't think champing HT is an awful idea. Ultimately, the cost is minimal and the return in HP/CP is fair. Plus you can make your life a bit easier in the last few days of EotS.

Right now you aren't in a position where you'll actually be losing much by investing Iso in a long term plan: you don't have to worry about wasting 4* covers. The question is really what will make your scaling the easiest to deal with. As such, I'd focus on bulking out the bottom of your roster and wait for the pressure at the top to increase, before doing anything too ambitious.
  • Zyrook
    Zyrook Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    From the looks of your roster I'd say get HB, LThor, and maybe even Ghost Rider up to their current caps, then if you haven't gotten any further covers for them by then go back to the 3*s you haven't champed. I'm in the 3-4 transition and what I'm noticing is even adjusted for levels the power of 4* abilities is worth it. With that said the gap between 4 and 5 covers in 4* land is intense. You're not going to see your HB really pick up until you get that 5th red, and LThor is going to be underwhelming until you get her blue up to 5.