2* Cap and Thor vs their three star equivalents

Options
maguirenumber6
maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
edited June 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
Once I get my 2* Cap and 2* Thor to the level cap (144 as they're both champions), should I sell them? I have the 3* versions of each character, and the powers are identical, so what is the advantage of keeping the 2* versions once they're maxed? Please feel free to link to another thread if this has been answered before.

UPDATE:

In a recent update, the price for selling maxed characters has been increased. I've maxed out both 2* Cap and Thor and can sell them for 65k iso and 125 CP each. I've also maxed the 3* versions (Cap is 171 and Thor is 170). Should I sell them now?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Once I get my 2* Cap and 2* Thor to the level cap (144 as they're both champions), should I sell them? I have the 3* versions of each character, and the powers are identical, so what is the advantage of keeping the 2* versions once they're maxed? Please feel free to link to another thread if this has been answered before.
    PvE essential missions.
    Heroic mode.
    DDQ.
    I Think that covers the bases for 2* usability.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I find 2* thor to have enough utility to keep him around. 2cap I cut loose as soon as possible. he can help board control, but he deals almost no damage. you can always keep a cover in queue for essentials when the need arises
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    A max champion 2* Thor (I pair mine with a maxed OBW) absolutely wrecks DDQ, I sometimes feel guilty about how easy it is.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A max champion 2* Thor (I pair mine with a maxed OBW) absolutely wrecks DDQ, I sometimes feel guilty about how easy it is.

Exactly. I match both of them with Storm and you pretty much can't lose the 2* missions. Heck, they usually can beat the Big Enchilada if you needed them to.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion wrote:

Exactly. I match both of them with Storm and you pretty much can't lose the 2* missions. Heck, they usually can beat the Big Enchilada if you needed them to.

Yeah Thor, Wolvie, OBW was my go-to team for the deadpool daily when I was starting.
  • maguirenumber6
    Options
    So the consensus seems to be: sell 2* Cap but keep 2* Thor. Is that correct?
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd say sell cap unless you just don't need the space. It's not worth the iso to get rid of him unless you're freeing up a roster slot for something, since you're only receiving like a 20% return on your investment into him.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Blahahah wrote:
    I'd say sell cap unless you just don't need the space. It's not worth the iso to get rid of him unless you're freeing up a roster slot for something, since you're only receiving like a 20% return on your investment into him.
    Yeah, freeing up a roster spot is the only reason to sell a character. You don't get enough ISO back and there are some cases when still having the character on your roster can be advantageous.
    That said, if the OP really needs to free up a roster spot Cap is definitely the one to drop.
  • maguirenumber6
    Options
    Please see update
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FYI, 2cap is essential for the next PvE. Might not want to sell him yet.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FYI, 2cap is essential for the next PvE. Might not want to sell him yet.

This. Other than that, the answer is an absolute yes (granted that you have other 2*s to fight DDQ).