Maximize OBW or train punisher

Options
TheHueyFreeman
TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I, like many people, fell into the Thorvelrine crowd until the nerf. Now I am looking for something different. My relevant tourney team was Thor and Wolvie at 70 each and OBW at 65 (with storm at 65 as reserve). I want to keep her as my healer but I finally have enough Punisher covers to get to 110+. Right now he is at 55.

Who should I level first?

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That could go either way. Do you want to maximize a strong support character, or start working on a 3* attacker? I'd probably max OBW out first, because it won't take as long. Also, I just don't like The Punisher, but that's just me -- he's pretty popular around here.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Punisher is the first character that I'm leveling to 141: all 3 of his abilities are relevant, synergize well together, and allow him to be placed in virtually any team you run in the future. It's also very hard to find a character with a good black ability. I think what I would do is level Punisher such that his black only slightly under Widow's black match damage, and then level them both at the same time, making sure that Widow always has more black match damage. This allows you to still use Punisher while letting Widow retain her espionage stealing black. Once you reach the point where Widow is maxed, save iso until you have enough to significantly pump a ton of levels into Punisher so that you can have some extra time of Widow stealing black for Punisher.
  • I would go max out 2*.

Punisher isn't that strong, he is very common and easy to max out.

Max out OBW is really the best thing you could do to help with pve and possibly MMR hell you would face later in my opinion.

As for 3*, if you managed to get spider cover maxed, you probably should level him first. Without support, all the damage guy dies very fast. Patch is probably a better damage than punisher at the moment due to spiderman stunlock.
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Everytime I think about spidey, I think about the upcoming nerf... and pass.
  • The thing is Spiderman is the only 3* with stun, so he's going to be needed even after nerf.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't see them completely changing Spidey's skills, and especially removing stun from him. They might take away defense tiles or healing, because putting all three on one character might just be too much of a support combo, but stun is intrinsic to his design.

His optimal build might change, but he'll still be a strong support character. So at worst, you might be champing at the bit for respec for a while.
  • xinyucao wrote:
    The thing is Spiderman is the only 3* with stun, so he's going to be needed even after nerf.

I just realised daredevil can stun too, however he seems like a hard character to play offensively. He has ap steal, stun and 1 hit K.O. Sadly, his ability require opponent to trigger the traps which seems rarely happening against the AI. Maybe invisible women could force move and make daredevil very godly, in that case, 5/3/5 is probably the go in my opinion.

I reckon spiders stun will be nerfed to similar ap cost as daredevils stun, you still lvl5 to stun for the longest time.
  • You definitely want OBW maxed, she heals all that more and has excellent tile damage, plus for her working she must be the one to do the match. The HP is also more than welcome as you put her out in the field.

Leveling Frank is cool, but OBW shall take preference. (too bad we have such shortage of ISO lately)