3* Character Leveling Advice

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
So I think I've hit a crossroads with the game and wondering which 3* to level up next. My current roster is

Heroes:
3/5/5 Level 78 Spidey
5/2/2 Level 60 Hulk
5/0/2 Level 60 IM 40
4/3/5 Level 51 Patch
5/3/5 Level 46 Punisher
1/2/2 Level 41 Grey Suit Widow
1/1/2 Level 30 Daredevil

Villains:
5/1 Level 50 Dr Doom
5/2 Level 45 Rags
3/3/1 Level 30 Hood
2/1 Level 18 Loki
1/1/2 Level 30 Mags

Other notable 2*
3/5/5 Level 62 Ares
5/5 Level 32 Daken
5/3/5 Level 32 Storm
3/5/5 Level 30 Original Widow

I have 35,000 current ISO and also have 85 Thor/Wolvie, which I'm thinking about selling to get more ISO. Know I want a hero higher than Spidey so he doesn't tank, had him lower than Thor/Wolvie, but not using them anymore.

Could level up the Villains to do some LR, but I'm not so sure. Kinda want to do Heroes to I can do more PVE and more PVP.

Advice ???

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Your villains don't really have the covers to be leveled to a reasonable level for LRs I feel. Do NOT sell Thor/Wolvie: you'll regret it when they're buffed in future events. Spidey is getting nerfbatted soon, you don't have enough black covers for Hulk to be intimidating, IM 40 is meh, and you don't have enough covers for the rest of the characters. I'd say that your main decision is between Patch and Punisher.

Punisher is very safe as he is versatile + solid, and probably fits in most lineups due to his red being situationally better than all other reds and how he has a relevant black ability which is rare to find. Patch requires to be built around in order to maximize his potential, but can be extremely powerful. As a result, I'd say that your choice boils down to personal preference: if you want the more powerful option (and as a result have to build your team more around Patch), then go with Patch. If you want versatility and more options about how to form your team, go with Punisher. I'm personally staying away from Patch because I don't like his build-around-me nature, but its clear that Patch is probably the best offensive character in the game right now.
  • Your villains don't really have the covers to be leveled to a reasonable level for LRs I feel. Do NOT sell Thor/Wolvie: you'll regret it when they're buffed in future events. Spidey is getting nerfbatted soon, you don't have enough black covers for Hulk to be intimidating, IM 40 is meh, and you don't have enough covers for the rest of the characters. I'd say that your main decision is between Patch and Punisher.

Punisher is very safe as he is versatile + solid, and probably fits in most lineups due to his red being situationally better than all other reds and how he has a relevant black ability which is rare to find. Patch requires to be built around in order to maximize his potential, but can be extremely powerful. As a result, I'd say that your choice boils down to personal preference: if you want the more powerful option (and as a result have to build your team more around Patch), then go with Patch. If you want versatility and more options about how to form your team, go with Punisher. I'm personally staying away from Patch because I don't like his build-around-me nature, but its clear that Patch is probably the best offensive character in the game right now.
    I built my Patch defensively (355) and ATM pair him with Punisher(355). Patch delegated to tank and red/green in end-game, while Punisher uses his safe green early and lobs Molotovs with red against buffed characters (like Thor, Patch etc.). In Blind Justice I'll probably use Punisher with oBW, in PvE against goons Patch will be more preferable.