*** Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon) ***

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    Got to 1900 in shield sim, scratching my head on how to beat jean/pool/bust teams and figured out if purp was the key

If you are playing with a Fistbuster team, then definitely is. Forget about any other colors purple and black are the key. The first one to cast overdrive has a 75% chance of winning and if you can get to 10 purple to fire the ability two times then you have almost won (but becareful with jean purple, you need to shield IMHB strike tiles as much as possible). Funny enough, if you play with IMHB and Jean, purple and black are your colors too.

Ps: but i dont know why anyone would play xpool with IMHB and Jean, they dont play well together :s
  • Polares wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Got to 1900 in shield sim, scratching my head on how to beat jean/pool/bust teams and figured out if purp was the key

If you are playing with a Fistbuster team, then definitely is. Forget about any other colors purple and black are the key. The first one to cast overdrive has a 75% chance of winning and if you can get to 10 purple to fire the ability two times then you have almost won (but becareful with jean purple, you need to shield IMHB strike tiles as much as possible). Funny enough, if you play with IMHB and Jean, purple and black are your colors too.

Ps: but i dont know why anyone would play xpool with IMHB and Jean, they dont play well together :s
    they were powered up...and I don't have a fistbuster up and running yet, lol...

I was using Fist/Cage/Someone and realized that I could use the second mode of iron fist's purple to deal with Jean Grey instead of using the first mode to make her angry
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

they were powered up...and I don't have a fistbuster up and running yet, lol...

I was using Fist/Cage/Someone and realized that I could use the second mode of iron fist's purple to deal with Jean Grey instead of using the first mode to make her angry

Juas sorry, I thought you were running Fistbuster icon_razz.gif

In any case using purple when above 12, and then luke black is also a very good convination if you have a x/x/5 luke. I would add a hood or a loki just to make sure the other team doesnt have too much AP icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Juas sorry, I thought you were running Fistbuster icon_razz.gif

In any case using purple when above 12, and then luke black is also a very good convination if you have a x/x/5 luke. I would add a hood or a loki just to make sure the other team doesnt have too much AP icon_e_biggrin.gif

With HB/IF/Cage I use Cage's black quite often with 5/5/3. If the match is going well enough I skip HB's black and take the enemy team down IF purple (as damage, try to gather enough black through matches), then finish the last guy off with Jab Jab Crosses. Since 5 red Cage negates match damage you see if you can kill them with your other moves until you're forced to Overdrive to prevent them from casting something.

IF/Cage are missing a red + blue user, good fits are 4hor, CMag, Vision, Psylocke or LCap.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    How much dmg does his strike tile do when he is maxed at level 266?
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    nigelregal wrote:
    How much dmg does his strike tile do when he is maxed at level 266?
    At max rank?

233 strike tiles and he can make up to 6.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe he meant how much does the attack tile do.
  • Is iron fist the best 3 star character for PvE? I'm a three star transitioner and have only fist, torch and taken up to level 90+, no covers for the rest. But planning to spend all CP points to fully cover him.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is iron fist the best 3 star character for PvE? I'm a three star transitioner and have only fist, torch and taken up to level 90+, no covers for the rest. But planning to spend all CP points to fully cover him.

Iron fist is the best 3* on his own. 3* Cyclops is the best single target damage. Im40 is the best battery.

In the long run, maxing those top tier Will help you in the 3* level. But you may wish you had saved them for LTs once you build your 3* bench. Buying a few covers might make sense, but buying a lot is wasteful when ddq will give you all the covers you need with enough patience.
  • Thanks, does he go well with 3* Taken or Torch as I have those up to 90+ until I better covers, also does he regenerate health faster than the usual 3* rate?
  • Vhailorx
    He plays very well with daken (anyone who can produce cheap strike tiles for him and doesn't use purple ap). Even better if daken will tank purple for him. He isn't bad with torch, but there also isn't great synergy (since black is probably torch's weakest power).

And yes, he does heal at a faster rate (out of battle). Not clear why. Don't think Danny rand has any sort of healing factor in traditional lore. But maybe IF was designed as a 4* (the heal faster) and bumped down to 3* late in the dev cycle?
  • Thanks, so for Daken to tank for him, I need to keep fist at a lower level than him, right?
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks, so for Daken to tank for him, I need to keep fist at a lower level than him, right?

Daken is stronger on black than IF no matter what, so he'll always tank it for him. Both characters have the same damage when it comes to purple, so just make sure Daken goes before IF in your line up and he'll take the purple tile priority.
  • orionseaplane
    orionseaplane Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Vhailorx wrote:
    And yes, he does heal at a faster rate (out of battle). Not clear why. Don't think Danny rand has any sort of healing factor in traditional lore. But maybe IF was designed as a 4* (the heal faster) and bumped down to 3* late in the dev cycle?

He can focus his chi energy to heal fairly serious injuries almost instantly. He needs to be out of combat in order to do so. I think his in-game heal rate is a pretty graceful nod to that.
  • Not sure what you mean by line up, you mean the order I choose characters actually matters?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure what you mean by line up, you mean the order I choose characters actually matters?
    Yes. If tile strength is tied, the tie will be decided by the position of the characters. The first character is the one in the middle on the team selection screen, the second character is the one on your left hand side and the third character is on the right hand side. So if you want Daken to tank Purple you need to put him in the middle or on the left, and preferably put Iron Fist on the left.
  • Yes, I believe you are absolutely correct
    I think Daken/Wolverine/Iron Fist sounds like a good offensive setup.

Actives:Red/Green/Blue/Purple
    Matches
    High: Black Green
    Medium: Purple Red
    Low: Blue Yellow
    Weak; None

Fist immortal makes attack tiles, amplified ridiculously by innumerous strikes generated by the three and Fist's is guaranteed to be the only attack tile. No one uses black, so Fist's actives can make their biggest output. Black matches have the self healing Daken tank. Both Daken and Patch heal over time elixir of immortlaity. Chemical reaction can use any of the threesome's strikes to pump up Chemical Reaction. Best There Is claims Red and Yellow by default with a chance for Green (Guaranteed if Fist is underleveled). If Fist isn't fully leveled, He's immediately tanked by a higher Daken or Patch.

All in all, It makes a Fist/Daken/Patch team a get in/get out full frontal takedown. Target lower health heroes/villains, build up black and strikes when benefiting from that amped up Attack Tile, brutalize tanks with IFoKL spam, match is over. Iron Fist might even to be able to get through without a scratch is immortality possible, letting the twin infinitely healing father/son duo keep him at full fighting health to blow away low level missions and early PvP matchups one after the other after the other.

I wonder if there's an attempt to phase out characters below a certain HP level with these recent changes. Iron Fist seems quite overpowered compared to most 3* but that isn't even the most important point, it's that he literally seems to make character in the sub 6800 HP classification unplayable. Granted it was already kind of like this with X Force but now the bar has been lowered in terms of accessibility.

Shouldn't his black be something like 'creates an attack tile if you have 12 or more black AP?' Compare this to Summon Demons or Hailstorm, it's about half the damage but it costs nothing and basically can't be destroyed by any method which I think easily make up for less damage how to become immortal. It seems like this should at least be a 'every other turn' mechanism except the game doesn't have a clever way to do this. I guess you can create a CD that then creates an attack tile but that'd be awfully awkward.

He'll be pretty much an auto-skip in PvP. You won't be able to face him without taking massive damage from his attack tile, and even Hood will have a very hard time stopping his Purple. But maybe the goal here is to raise the bar on the new 3*'s a little bit to slightly close the gap with the X-Force/4-Thor teams. Or at least make sure they suffer some decent damage when they attack.

I kinda suggested this a few pages back. If his passive was changed to only kick in once he had 12 Black AP in reserve then,

1) it brings it in line with his other abilities. 12 Black AP becomes the "threshold" after which he powers up. It's like toggling a switch between "attack modes", which is a really cool concept for a character - to have them be able to switch style during a match what are dreams.

2) it means player might actually have to think twice about spending all that AP. And it creates a relatively unique play style. For the most part, you only want to be holding on to AP long enough to be able to spend it. It sounds like a truism, but whatever. Call of the Storm deals big damage for 14 AP, but you've got to earn it before you can spend it. That means anything which can stop you from gathering green AP is slowing down CotS. And similarly, having that 14 Green AP sitting in your AP pools isn't actually dealing damage just sitting there, you need to spend it to bring the pain. This could create a character who still wants to stop enemies from reducing his Black AP pool, but for a slightly different reason. He's much more dangerous with all that AP stored up, once it's gone, he needs to build it up again.

I do think that this is a really interesting set of abilities.
    I do think Purple is probably fine as it is.
    I do think that it's open to "exploit" in the same way that Senrty/Hood was, so it seems odd to introduce a character like that after taking a stance against that sort of thing.
    With just a small tweak, he would remain strong while also bringing an interesting new take on the core gameplay mechanic.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus wrote:
    Can I ask.

I have a mere 7 Iron Fist covers and can, if willing to spend the required ISO-8, level him up to 94 I think. Would be be useful at 94, given that 5 of my covers are black?
    It depends on where the rest of your roster is at level-wise if he'll be useful, but investing in Iron Fist is never a bad idea. Eventually you'll get more covers and want to champ him. He remains viable even into the 4-star tier, as a black AP battery, and with his auto-generating attack tile.
  • Vhailorx
    mexus wrote:
    Can I ask.

I have a mere 7 Iron Fist covers and can, if willing to spend the required ISO-8, level him up to 94 I think. Would be be useful at 94, given that 5 of my covers are black?

There is no reason not to level iron fist. He is probably the best 3* in terms of playing at the 3* level (im40 isn't that good in his own, but is clearly the most important 3* because he is the best battery for 3 colors).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus wrote:
    Tomorrow in DDQ I'll get my 13th Iron Fist cover, hurrah. I also have 2 extra ones. I have all ISO-8 saved up to get this ninja going. I'm quite eager to do so.
    How much will he enhance my gameplay experience?
    He's badass, no doubt about it. Do you have someone who can use the black AP he is pumping out?